g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1tch

The perfect manager for us simply isn't out there looking at the candidate list.
Ideally we need;
1. A proven winner in big leagues / cups.
2. Someone who has a track record of improving underperforming players.
3. Someone with a track record of building great squads as opposed to doing well with one that was already great.

So essentially I don't think any in this poll, and no one out there that we could realistically get. Ultimately we are probably best gambling on a manager that hasn't won anything in a top league, but of course there'll will be question marks over that manager from day 1 until they achieve that (if they can).

Gavinb33

This is my worry too.

I think whoever comes in we need a clear out of about 5 or 6 faces.
There could be upwards of 8 outgoings this summer

Pogba
Lingard
Henderson
Mata
Matic
Greenwood
Tuanzebe
Ronaldo (possibly)

Thats just 8 off the top of my head could easily add others to that list.

The new manager/head coach will likely have a vastly different squad than Ralf has now, that probably the most exciting bit at the moment to me different manager and a largely new squad.

peridigm

Pogba
Lingard
Henderson
Mata
Matic
Greenwood
Tuanzebe
Ronaldo (possibly)

The new manager/head coach will likely have a vastly different squad than Ralf has now, that probably the most exciting bit at the moment to me different manager and a largely new squad.
Cavani too.
GK is a tuff one. I think the new manager will either continue with DDG as #1 as it's one less position to worry about it the grand scheme of things. Or, he will keep Henderson and tell them both, new slate, you're playing for the #1 spot in an effort to really shake things up and send a message to the rest of the squad that no one is safe.

TheReligion

Abusive

Pogba
Lingard
Henderson
Mata
Matic
Greenwood
Tuanzebe
Ronaldo (possibly)

It is very exciting I think and all the extra wages freed up will massively help when it comes to shaping a squad.

Not only that but our structure has changed totally so will be interesting to see how this improves the transfer process. I’m optimistic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Probably just a pure rumor, but he is a really good player who has also done exceptionally well in Brazil national team. Raphinha and him, either is great option.
Yeah likely a rumour. It's not by Luckhurst so I don't really believe it

The Caff Spraff

Cavani too.
GK is a tuff one. I think the new manager will either continue with DDG as #1 as it's one less position to worry about it the grand scheme of things. Or, he will keep Henderson and tell them both, new slate, you're playing for the #1 spot in an effort to really shake things up and send a message to the rest of the squad that no one is safe.
ddg arguably been our best player this season, I can’t see him being dropped.I also don’t see Henderson hanging around to compete which I don’t blame him. I see Henderson going out on a season loan or being sold

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He's a performer at the champions league level and a very good player.
I don't disagree but we just can't rely our hope on a kid from Dutch league. How many players from the Dutch league actually has made the step up almost immediately? Look at Tadic, Ziyech, Donny - performed brilliantly in CL but failed to make an immediate impact in PL.

We need someone just about to hit the peak.

city-puma

I don't disagree but we just can't rely our hope on a kid from Dutch league. How many players from the Dutch league actually has made the step up almost immediately? Look at Tadic, Ziyech, Donny - performed brilliantly in CL but failed to make an immediate impact in PL.

We need someone just about to hit the peak.
Well, he is like Richarlison mark II but with more silky skill imo. Great on the right wing though. Richarlison played mainly on left side in his early days in watford.

peridigm

ddg arguably been our best player this season, I can’t see him being dropped.I also don’t see Henderson hanging around to compete which I don’t blame him. I see Henderson going out on a season loan or being sold
The only reason DDG has been our best player is because the rest are having a horrible season. Not arguing the fact, I just don't think that would be reason to justify him getting a free pass when he's been in decline for a couple of years, while the rest of the squad was performing better.
Take last season for example. Not faulting him for the EL final missed penalty, should never have come to that, but during the season, he was on horrible form for quite a while. A season we finished 2nd in. Not implying we would have won the title had he been his usual self, but we'd have been closer than we were, and perhaps if he was on better form, we'd have won the EL final without going to penalties.

We're going to need a new keeper soon enough and I'm not arguing now is the time to do that, just stating no player should get a free pass with the incoming manager. They've all been below average this season and I wouldn't be surprised if the new manager came in and tossed everything upside down. Henderson is a good #2 at this point and he may not be #1 material going forward but we don't know what DDG is going to look like next season and letting Henderson leave with only Heaton and Grant as the only viable backups would be a mistake. We could always sign a new keeper as well but we gave Henderson some pretty high wages to stay. I think he will stay.

The Caff Spraff

The only reason DDG has been our best player is because the rest are having a horrible season. Not arguing the fact, I just don't think that would be reason to justify him getting a free pass when he's been in decline for a couple of years, while the rest of the squad was performing better.
Take last season for example. Not faulting him for the EL final missed penalty, should never have come to that, but during the season, he was on horrible form for quite a while. A season we finished 2nd in. Not implying we would have won the title had he been his usual self, but we'd have been closer than we were, and perhaps if he was on better form, we'd have won the EL final without going to penalties.

We're going to need a new keeper soon enough and I'm not arguing now is the time to do that, just stating no player should get a free pass with the incoming manager. They've all been below average this season and I wouldn't be surprised if the new manager came in and tossed everything upside down. Henderson is a good #2 at this point and he may not be #1 material going forward but we don't know what DDG is going to look like next season and letting Henderson leave with only Heaton and Grant as the only viable backups would be a mistake. We could always sign a new keeper as well but we gave Henderson some pretty high wages to stay. I think he will stay.
Although I agree with the fact that the rest of the squad have been terrible, stating that that is the only reason he’s been our best player is a rather back handed compliment. He’s been head and shoulders above the rest of the squad, and credit should be given where credit is due.

I do agree that he doesn’t deserve a free pass, that should be the same with any player regardless oftheir ability.

my only point was, the stage that Henderson is at in his career, competing for #1 last year, losing #1 spot at the start of this year, I don’t see him hanging around another season to compete.My opinion is, he’ll want to be somewhere that he’s guaranteed 1st team football

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
According to these knobs at sky, rangnick is the worst manager in the league!

Kaos

That's a dreadful tier list tbh.

Rangnick, Frank and Viera should not be anywhere near the bottom. And conversely Arteta and Bielsa have done nothing to warrant being near the top.

Cloud7

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
That's a dreadful tier list tbh.

Rangnick, Frank and Viera should not be anywhere near the bottom. And conversely Arteta and Bielsa have done nothing to warrant being near the top.
The worst manager in the league has us 4th, why isn't Ralf in tier A?

Conte hasn't lost his last 3 games, he's tier A.

Is that Dyche in tier C, Burnley are bottom of the league. :houllier:

I call bullshit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Terrible list. How do they have Tuchel and Conte in the same tier as Klopp and Pep? Those two should be in their own tier. Arteta in B. :lol:
If they're basing it on this season, Conte has no right being anywhere above Rangnick

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Not only is the list terrible, but the very idea to make such a list is also terrible.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Terrible list. How do they have Tuchel and Conte in the same tier as Klopp and Pep? Those two should be in their own tier. Arteta in B. :lol:
Tuchel denied Pep the CL and FA Cup last season. If they include that, it is understandable, even if you might not share that opinion.

That said the list is complete bs.

Amsterdam Devil

We need a right sided attacker. Would be happy with Raphinha. Don't need another kid to come in and taking ages to settle down.
You do know he is not just a kid right? He performs at Champions League level and look at the last game of Brazil how he performs with the Brazilian national team. I think Anthony is better than Raphinha.

bond19821982

According to these knobs at sky, rangnick is the worst manager in the league!

I wish they had done this when Ole was in charge. The media is embarrassing themselves with articles like this.

Every single layer is wrong :lol:

bond19821982

You do know he is not just a kid right? He performs at Champions League level and look at the last game of Brazil how he performs with the Brazilian national team. I think Anthony is better than Raphinha.
Genuine question- when was the last time a player came from Dutch league and made an instant impact? Suarez ? Almost 8-9 years back ?

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Controversial opinion... but is the United job too much for one man? Even Fergie loved a strong number 2 during his time (no pun intended). All our managers since him have brought in their own team and kept on one of the old guard. Is it time for us to take on two managers. Or certainly TWO strong characters. If Poch then him and Bielsa. If Ten Hag then him and Hasenhüttl. Kinda makes sense the more you think about it...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If it wasn't for Potter, Tier B would be a joke. :lol:
Feck knows why Arteta is so highly viewed.

captaincantona

The latest tweet from the official club twitter expressly describes Ralf as our “interim” boss...is that necessary?

seems odd to me.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Nagelsmann is the only option I would comfortably have over Hag because the guy looks like he has it.
Not going to happen anytime soon though but maybe a option as a future United man, if we're still relevant of course.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Leeds have conceded the 2nd most goals in the league, behind Norwich, who fired their manager mid season. Anyone that puts Bielsa in a tier above any other manager needs to be whipped with a tire iron.

LuckyScout78

He is not my cup of tea. I am attacking minded and go out there to bossed opponents like Pep, Klopp, Southampton Ralph and Ajaxs Haag.

Not my taste and philosophy like setting up for counter attack and pressing. If you are really really good to keep the ball in the team or in other words. You have players and team its hard to take the ball from. Like Barcelona and Spain golden generation with Iniesta and Xavi. Just go out there express yourself and dominate the match, most of time as possible.

Ralf is like Ole and Mourinho. Save peoples and manager. Think about not conceding and counter attack. In poker world those are save players and safe peooles.

United are aiming to become, if not the best team in premier league. Your goal and aim get to be go out of the pitch and dominate the match. Show who is the boss. Attacking minded, passion, determination and a lot of guts.

No guts no glory. Ralf and Ole are more direction save peoples and managers. McFred as a safe CM duo. A offensive and attacking minded person and manager would put one of Bruno or Pogba for the creative nr.8 job. Ralf have put Bruno down as nr.8. For some times. When United are in desperate to scoring goals. Why always not have scoring goals as your focus from the beginning of the matches? Why waiting for late in the match? Its clearly indication of save tactic. United have potential of a more offensive and creative line and team.

So sum up. I am voting for Ralf only for this season. Bring on a manager with a lot of top guts, passion and highest winning mentality. Ole and Ralf are too calm to my taste. Guts, passion, character and a dominance presence.

Suv666

Controversial opinion... but is the United job too much for one man? Even Fergie loved a strong number 2 during his time (no pun intended). All our managers since him have brought in their own team and kept on one of the old guard. Is it time for us to take on two managers. Or certainly TWO strong characters. If Poch then him and Bielsa. If Ten Hag then him and Hasenhüttl. Kinda makes sense the more you think about it...
Yes because all ships have two captains and every country has two presidents

Suv666

Atletico have been dreadful it isn't outside the realms of possibility that Simeone is sacked/resigns end of the season

Rolaholic

Atletico have been dreadful it isn't outside the realms of possibility that Simeone is sacked/resigns end of the season
He just signed an extension last summer and they won the league last season, would be shocked if he gets sacked before or after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.