Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr PG

Hasenhuttl.
  1. Because I put a bet on it when Ole was caretaker and it was obscene odds.
  2. He plays the style of football Ole has been trying to implement & it's an exciting style to watch, if he can do that with the dross at Soton, imagine him with some good players.
My choice too for a long time. Wrote to the club about it at the beginning of the season, hope they listen.

Sanchez7

Poch, Rose or Nagelsmann. Poch the most likely given he is a free agent. We can't accept medicority at Manchester United - it maybe the players fault but management is a cut throat business and Solskjaer knows that.

Mainoldo

Yeah and Ed Woodward keeps getting away with it, we don't go anywhere and you lot never learn.

I'm fine with Ole being sacked if that wanker Woodward goes too.
You never learn. You think the world is perfect and we deserve perfect owners. It doesn’t happen, there are probably two clubs in the premier league who are ran immaculate. Leicester and Southampton. Neither are going to win the league. Owners can and will hinder progress but stop thinking they are the reason for football pitch frailties that we keep seeing with all our managers we have hired after Fergie. They have all been socking and quite frankly the crappiest one has performed the crappiest of the lot. There is a correlation here.... Just get a bloody good manager. That would be a good start.

Plymouth Red

I can't understand the support for Poch. During his Spurs tenure, we mocked his team's serial 'nearly men' track record. His team was routinely described as weak and mentally unable to become serial winners.
Now, when we are managed by someone who has lost three semi-finals and appears to be cast from the same mould, there seems to be widespread amnesia about Spurs' trophy record in recent years under our potential Messiah.
My preference is Allegri. He is a proven winner and as such, would be more likely to command respect from the players. He achieved success at all of his clubs and built a reputation for tactical nous, mental strength and player development. Nothing's ever nailed on when managers change but based on previous performance, I cannot see how Poch gives more reason for optimism than Max.

Chipper

Adulterer.
It doesn't matter.
I'll do it then? If it doesn't matter then there'll be no difference to giving it me compared to the names being mentioned in the thread. I could do with the money to be honest.

jesperjaap

I wanted Nagelsmann to replace Mourinho and he is still my number one choice. I just think as well as playing the right football, he has something special about him in working with and improving players and getting the best out of them, much like how I felt about Klopp when I wanted him to replace Ferguson. That trait is obviously huge with the current group of players we have that are so inconsistent. Look at Leipzig, great team, not many great players though

My second choice would be Pochettino. He knows the premiership, was one of the first managers in it to put in a high press and tempo to beat the press even at Southampton, I think out of the bigger sides in the premiership we are currently atrocious at it which is shocking really when you think back at how we learned from playing Juve all about tempo and pressing players all over the pitch years ago. We have awful defenders at playing the ball out from the back, we are also poor at workign in unison with a high press, we dont do it in numbers, often its only Fernandes doing it. My main reason for wanting Pochettino though, is he seems to work very well with younger players......and we already have a few in the fist team, a few on the fringes and abundence of youth players who appear to be very talented.

jesperjaap

I can't understand the support for Poch. During his Spurs tenure, we mocked his team's serial 'nearly men' track record. His team was routinely described as weak and mentally unable to become serial winners.
Now, when we are managed by someone who has lost three semi-finals and appears to be cast from the same mould, there seems to be widespread amnesia about Spurs' trophy record in recent years under our potential Messiah.
My preference is Allegri. He is a proven winner and as such, would be more likely to command respect from the players. He achieved success at all of his clubs and built a reputation for tactical nous, mental strength and player development. Nothing's ever nailed on when managers change but based on previous performance, I cannot see how Poch gives more reason for optimism than Max.
Totally understand your point, they were nowhere near nearly though before he arrived. Though they did bottle it a coupel of times, which I agree is a concern. To even get them to premiership contention and a champions league final was some achievement. What we dont know with him though, is he one of those managers does great things at a club over a short period of time, but can he be long term? We just dont know that as he hasnt been anywher every long

Orestetes

After going through this thread I'm now worried there are only German speaking managers around in today's football world who can do a decent job.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If Ed wants Poch then he should know he needs to act fast. As someone said PSG could sack Tuchel and get him in. We will be left with an underperforming manager hoping to come good and Ed will probably turn to Allegri due to the limited number of quality managers available. Kind of how we are in the transfer window so actually Ed wouldn't know he needs to act fast

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pogba does seem like a bit of a millstone.

Jose tried to play hardball and got fired. Ole tried to bend over backwards bit it seems to be having the same effect.
Yes. He’s not one to take accountability or responsibility on the pitch. Which is why Jose hated his existence. Ole is learning the hard way. What’s worse with Ole is he’s trying to shoe horn him in. When you do that you jeopardize any attempt at building structure in game play. Players won’t take you seriously if you keep lumping Pogba on left wing just so he doesn’t sulk on the bench.

On a side note, the next manager does not matter. The united board care about shareholders most. The club is in a cash crunch and their stock is tumbling. The shareholders smell danger and are pressuring the board. They’re not going to be spending with a new manager. What’s the point?

macheda14

If Ed wants Poch then he should know he needs to act fast. As someone said PSG could sack Tuchel and get him in. We will be left with an underperforming manager hoping to come good and Ed will probably turn to Allegri due to the limited number of quality managers available. Kind of how we are in the transfer window so actually Ed wouldn't know he needs to act fast
What if we took Tuchel?

He'sRaldo

Very important to get someone who doesn't struggle when the bus is parked.

arnie_ni

Anyone that has a noticeable style of play with attacking patterns and can coach their players to play to their vision.

2 years later and i still dont know what ole wants us to do

Oo0AahCantona

It wont happen due to the language barrier, but at this point i would fully embrace the underdog mentality, accept where we are, and get a prick like Simeone. The style of football cant be worse than what we've seen, frankly, since the last few years of sir alex's last team. we need somebody to instil a combative winning mentality throughout the club at all levels without this absurd notion of instantly winning the league within a season. its not going to happen. Simply on a club organisational level, let alone the playing squad and management, we are miles behind city and our other rivals. We never even attempted to build a new future post fergi, we've just thrown money at trying to continue the ride. it would be insanity to continue along the same path we've tried this last 7 years.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If it's one of the freebees then Massimiliano Allegri would be my choice over Pochettino. But if we're looking at paying out compensation (I doubt given our financial woes right now) then take a punt on one of Rose or Nagelsmann.

OleBoiii

I'll do it then? If it doesn't matter then there'll be no difference to giving it me compared to the names being mentioned in the thread. I could do with the money to be honest.
Always rated you, tbh.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Poch is clearly the man who will be next at United.

For one, Ed likes the big name, the obvious choice. The likes of Rose or Hasenhuttl aren't the obvious choices. If you ask them, they'd all pick Poch, because it's just too obvious and that seems to be the way Ed works.

Plus, these managers have jobs that they wont leave mid season, so to get one of them, we either stick with a wasted year of Ole football, or get yet another no name interim in to waste a season.

Ole should have gone in the summer. He's made his United career over short bursts of form that keep him hanging on a thread. I said at the end of the season, He'll start this one, as he got CL football, but this will be a wasted year. I didn't expect it all to happen as quickly as it did, but oh well

Revaulx

We're not getting Rose who just joined Gladbach, or Hassenhutl who joined Southampton not too long ago.

Start warming to to the idea of Poch or Allegri.

They're what's available.
Yup.

What we need is not just someone to manage/coach the players. We need someone with the tact and gravitas to be able to manage Ed. While I rate Poch, I don’t think he could do that. Allegro has had to cope with Berlusconi, so maybe he’s the man.

Zlatattack

Can we get a fancy euro-manager please? One of those avacado on toast types.

White Fury

You guys still think a new manager will solve anything :lol: ? Wont change shit as he will still have this mess of a squad and will be getting 3rd and 4th choice targets thanks to our brilliant executives and incompetent board.

united for life

I’d stick to Ole. Still backing what he is trying to do. It is really unfortunate that he didn’t get the signings he wanted over the summer. He wanted wingers, he didn’t get. We’re seeing him playing Bruno and Pogba out wide at times due to lack of depth in that position.

it’s been 7 years since fergie. during these 7 years, we kept changing managers who change the direction of travel. A new manager would build differently, need different players, different structure. We don’t want to go through that again from scratch! Ole is building well, I actually see some exciting football (more than I did with mourinho, moyes and LVG). We need consistency. The players need to step up as well.

so currently, our problem is not only with who is managing the team. Unfortunately, it is also with the owners, executive team and the players themselves who are underachieving. It’s a mess we all hope ends soon.

He'sRaldo

It wont happen due to the language barrier, but at this point i would fully embrace the underdog mentality, accept where we are, and get a prick like Simeone. The style of football cant be worse than what we've seen, frankly, since the last few years of sir alex's last team. we need somebody to instil a combative winning mentality throughout the club at all levels without this absurd notion of instantly winning the league within a season. its not going to happen. Simply on a club organisational level, let alone the playing squad and management, we are miles behind city and our other rivals. We never even attempted to build a new future post fergi, we've just thrown money at trying to continue the ride. it would be insanity to continue along the same path we've tried this last 7 years.
Underdog mentality is different from a winning one. It translates better for big games or cup games than when trying to win every week, which is what we'd need to do to win the league.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
After going through this thread I'm now worried there are only German speaking managers around in today's football world who can do a decent job.
why would that be a worry? They all speak more than decent English.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Your saying ole is the guy rose replaced, and rose could come in and transform us?

I thought you read it as rose having all those issues
If I'm not mistaken, he shared a post which describes Gladbach's football Under Dieter Hecking which was described as slow and laborious. Hecking was replaced by Rose who then proceeded to change the style of play and he did that successfully in one pre-season.

I believe the poster is comparing our football currently with how Gladbach were playing under Dieter Hecking.

arnie_ni

If I'm not mistaken, he shared a post which describes Gladbach's football Under Dieter Hecking which was described as slow and laborious. Hecking was replaced by Rose who then proceeded to change the style of play and he did that successfully in one pre-season.

I believe the poster is comparing our football currently with how Gladbach were playing under Dieter Hecking.
He'd be correct then :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.