Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
These are things I'm sure that were talked about in the interviews and the fact ten Hag emerged from the interview process as the favourite is a good sign imo. I reckon both sides are just ironing out the final details and waiting for the right time to announce.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
These are things I'm sure that were talked about in the interviews and the fact ten Hag emerged from the interview process as the favourite is a good sign imo. I reckon both sides are just ironing out the final details and waiting for the right time to announce.
Which might also explain some of the performances if some of that first team know they will be on their bikes.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If nothing else it's a positive that he knows to get the power dynamic sorted before he agrees to take the job. Shows he's not entering the situation naive to the issues we've had at the club or overly desperate to take the job on the wrong terms.

croadyman

Fair play to him. He wants a set up in place to allow him to succeed. If we can’t offer that, then kudos to him for walking away. However, I can’t imagine we’d make it so public that we wanted him and he was our preferred choice, without being confident that we’ll give him what he wants.
That's a sign of a proper coach in my eyes

Giggsy13

All the leverage and power is with Ten Hag and good on him for seeking these assurances before signing on. I think he would be happy to take on the Dortmund job as another stepping stone rather than risk his reputation at United if the club truly isn’t committed to making the changes we all know is needed.

Blood Mage

This guy ain't fecking around is he? So the club will probably hire Poch instead so they can carry on signing players over 30 who sell shirts.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's clearly watched our games this season and quickly identified the underlying issues in our play, which is a good sign indeed, but can he really get this squad to be "quicker in possession and more intense without the ball"?

It seems like a big ask to me. Rangnick tried to implement something similar in his first game against Palace, you'll recall. The players lasted 30 minutes before passing out from exhaustion. I hope ETH knows what he's letting himself in for by taking charge of this squad.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It has built up over a number of years.
It really has, sadly.

I'm generally a glass is half full kind of guy, but this squad/club has slowly but surely drained that positivity from me this season. I'd imagine it's the same for many United fans these days.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

If it's ETH I hope he brings Jap as one of the coaches. And maybe even hire Keane so he can get rid of the slackers.

Blood Mage

Yup. Pochetino won’t be demanding young high energy players who press. They’re the complete antithesis of how he likes to play.
The point I'm making is that Poch is desperate for the job so United would hold more cards in negotiations with him. They could make more decisions behind his back.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It really has, sadly.

It generally a glass is half full kind of guy, but this squad/club has slowly but surely drained that positivity from me this season. I'd imagine it's the same for many United fans these days.
I am getting to the stage where I might just record games. If they win I will watch otherwise I won't. Just for my health and mental welfare. If they decide not to go for ETH then it is just going to be more of the same old rubbish. Might start well, then the rot will set in. With ETH I will be too interested to see how he goes about things and a change in style is longer overdue, in fact any style is long overdue. The board need to get the manager back in charge of the team, not the other way round.

buchansleftleg

Whilst you can question what Rangnick has done on the pitch, this is where he is worth his weight in gold.

Giving ETH the skinny on what radical changes are needed to structures, players, coaching, facilities etc means for the first time in ages we have potentially a manager who has a detailed plan of attack, rather than depending on the bull coming from Woodward to try and get the hire in the door.

As a club we have thrown huge resources at hiring, and all too little on retaining and improving players, facilities, staff, buildings.

If we start to get briefs about Poch in the next few days I'll begin to despair as it will mean we've not agreed with a new approach.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The Dutch/British journalist from The Times, the other day was adamant ETH would want rid of Ronaldo because he wouldn’t compromise on the entire team pressing, saying ETH was not one that believes in adapting/altering his football principles

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He's clearly watched our games this season and quickly identified the underlying issues in our play, which is a good sign indeed, but can he really get this squad to be "quicker in possession and more intense without the ball"?

It seems like a big ask to me. Rangnick tried to implement something similar in his first game against Palace, you'll recall. The players lasted 30 minutes before passing out from exhaustion. I hope ETH knows what he's letting himself in for by taking charge of this squad.
That’s why he wants to change the profile of the squad. That would mean getting rid of the slackers and getting players in who would suit this style

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know this sounds crazy, but I'd like to see where we would be had Jose not been sacked. Not saying it would be better, just interested. It surely couldn't be much worse

Mwooyo

Thats why Ten Hag wants to swap the personel. Ralfs only problem is the players refused to implement the style he wanted and so he caved. He gave in and changed the style. Top top managers do not cave.look at pep or klopp...they never change their style, rather they change personel. Pep got rid of yaya toure, hart, aguero etc. Ten Hag should be allowed to get rid of all the players who cant do the job. Ralf should play the Academy in the meantime. Would rather finish 8th with kids rather than 6th with this lot

Mainoldo

Bit of an exaggeration. While it's easy to put everything on management, our managers has been quite bad too making bad signings and overriding scout recommendations.
Yeah people do leave out that somewhere in the scouting department they have good analysis but are probably continuously rolling their eyes when they get overridden by foolish managers and agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.