Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

It is certainly a lot of rumours about Erik ten Hag's assistants even though it’s not announced yet. I think the Ajax players would survive the announcement.

LuckyScout78

Get a manager who are offensiv minded, playing on the front foot. Dominating minded.

Get a manager that are one and two step ahead of opponent managers

Attacking and having the ball is the best defend. Look at City and Liverpool. They have players with the best skill set on the ball. They have best ball players = naturally it leads to City and Liverpool only concede 20-21 out of 31 league matches.

Look at Ajax in the dutch league. Ajax just concede 15 goals out of 29 matches.

In common with those 3 teams = They use to have 5 offensive and attacking players = better with the ball than without the ball.

LCM, RCM, LW,RW and CF = Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Foden, Mahrez = All are better with the ball and without = conclude and category those players as offensive attacking players. Not defensive football players.

No rocket science and result of it = They have the ball most of the time. And when you have the ball longer. Then most of the matches you will win. If you are team are effective out of the ballpossesion and dominating football.

Out of 10 years. Maybe we will get 1 year by a team sitting back to play counter attack and let the other dictate and control the ball. 1 year out of 10 years. The others 9 years would win by a team that are playing on the front foot and dominate opponent teams.

And if a club hirer a attacking, offensive and dominating minded manager. He will attract the best ball skill ful players. You are attract what you are thinking.

So Ten Hag has been a dominate , offensive and attacking minded manager with Ajax. Both in the league and ch.league. Coming to United is different. United as this moment is not a controlling team because of the manager set up with a defensive XI line up. There are players in the team to set up a more offensive and attacking midfield against team that are below United on the table. Like Watford and Everton. If a manager doesnt have guts enough to set up are more offensive midfield. Then its the manager that is to blame. How a team is going into the match. Which tactic the manager is going into the match. And if a manager it set up for counting attack and a more defensive mindset. Then he probably is coaching and training players to play counter attack too. Not having the ball and gegen pressing and win the ball back. Most of the time. To get use to it into the matches too.

So there are not totally big changes to need. To get back to top 4. With bringing really close to top level in a creative and offensive nr.8, RW = Raphinha and a really really upcoming CB + James Garner.

The new manager does have tools to playing on the front foot and a more offensive, dominate and attacking midfield against teams. That is not include City, Liverpool or Chelsea.

But against City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Even with 3 really good summer signings like mentioned. It will take time to be the most dominate team against those 3 teams. United maybe need 2 summer transfer window to turning the dominate factor around. To advantage United

Conclusion and sum up.
I want and vote for a manager who have top guts. Attacking and offensive minded going into the matches against team United shall be better. But accept lesser dominating agains the top 3 right now. Then mean the new manager definitely needs time to compete for a league title. The team and club shall have that goal in his second season. Because like i said. This United is not a totally new rebuild. With 3-4 new top quality players. Then United shall dominate the matches more on a conistent level. And good enough to challenge for the league title.

CallyRed

Important Paul Merson update everyone

"I called the result on Saturday against Everton. I told everybody that Manchester United would lose that game. There was no way that Everton were losing. There's talk of a new manager coming in but those United players aren't running around for a new manager.

It's been a shambles from the day Ralf Rangnick walked into the club. I'm not saying it's his fault, but United needed to get their permanent manager in immediately after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked. This is Manchester United. It's stop-start.

If it is Erik ten Hag who gets the job, he's someone who has managed in a two-team league for however many years. He's never worked in this league before and he's never really worked with massive football players. He's been at places where he's motivating players towards getting big moves."

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Important Paul Merson update everyone

"I called the result on Saturday against Everton. I told everybody that Manchester United would lose that game. There was no way that Everton were losing. There's talk of a new manager coming in but those United players aren't running around for a new manager.

It's been a shambles from the day Ralf Rangnick walked into the club. I'm not saying it's his fault, but United needed to get their permanent manager in immediately after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked. This is Manchester United. It's stop-start.

If it is Erik ten Hag who gets the job, he's someone who has managed in a two-team league for however many years. He's never worked in this league before and he's never really worked with massive football players. He's been at places where he's motivating players towards getting big moves."
That's not real is it

SATA

Stam whoring himself out and inviting an offer from United :lol:

On a serious note, how did he do at Reading? Was he sacked there?

CraftySoAndSo

Stam whoring himself out and inviting an offer from United :lol:

On a serious note, how did he do at Reading? Was he sacked there?
First season finished in the play offs and lost to Huddersfield in the final, next season didn't do good and was sacked. He has managed since then though, most recently at Cincinnati and only lasted a few months.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Sounds like it's done. This is great news if true.

But the Glazers are still there. Whether we can coexist with them in any form is still the big question. But we have to give this one time.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
You think Ten Hag is good enough to be able to manage and be successful at Bayern?
Why not?

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want to switch now, Nagelsmann is our guy. But in general? Of course.

Anyway *hrmpf* congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.