Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Bit off topic but what's wrong with Nagelsmann, is he not doing too well?
Ask me later tonight

Wonderful guy, spectacular football most of the time, jury still out whether he can win at the highest level with this current approach.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ask me later tonight

Wonderful guy, spectacular football most of the time, jury still out whether he can win at the highest level with this current approach.
He better win tonight, you feckers are one of the few teams good enough to stop Liverpool and City.

copen1945

I hope he is the messiah we need. I also hope he is brave. Tinkering with one or two things will actually make it worse.

Real Name

Finally we have our Pep Guardiola is my idol!

Why 4 years though, isn't that too much. Hope it won't be on too big of a salary, like 750k per month.

pascell

Finally we have our Pep Guardiola is my idol!

Why 4 years though, isn't that too much. Hope it won't be on too big of a salary, like 750k per month.
4 years too much, have you seen the shit we've been served up over the last 3-4 seasons by these players? It's going to take 3 years until everything is set in place, minimum, including getting rid of the slackers.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Give it 6 months and The Hag will have bewitched you all. Trust me. The competition are not going to be happy at all with this news.

TheReligion

Abusive
4 years too much, have you seen the shit we've been served up over the last 3-4 seasons by these players? It's going to take 3 years until everything is set in place, minimum, including getting rid of the slackers.
It won’t be a 3 year minimum

TheReligion

Abusive
Yep I agree. I think people are being a bit too conservative. It won't be over night, that's for certain, but if given the sufficient backing, we should be seeing positive signs sooner than that.
Exactly. We have a very talented squad and academy

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Then you underestimate what he's up against.
I mean it depends what your expectations are. I'd say the teething issues should be around for 1.5 seasons and 3-4 transfer windows. After January 2024 we should see a jump in consistency, provided he gets the backing (sometimes we like to do nothing in January so it might extend to summer 2024). But by 24/25 we should see a team that can challenge for the title, if Ten Hag is capable of delivering that. 23/24 we should see a team that gets top 4 safely but lacks the consistency for more, but with some decent cup showings. 22/23 we should see signs of improvement with the system but probably just a top 4 fight. I'd say that's a standard expectation for any rebuild. There are plenty of decent parts to the squad so with the right transfers, it might go quicker.

pascell

I mean it depends what your expectations are. I'd say the teething issues should be around for 1.5 seasons and 3-4 transfer windows. After January 2024 we should see a jump in consistency, provided he gets the backing (sometimes we like to do nothing in January so it might extend to summer 2024). But by 24/25 we should see a team that can challenge for the title, if Ten Hag is capable of delivering that. 23/24 we should see a team that gets top 4 safely but lacks the consistency for more, but with some decent cup showings. 22/23 we should see signs of improvement with the system but probably just a top 4 fight. I'd say that's a standard expectation for any rebuild. There are plenty of decent parts to the squad so with the right transfers, it might go quicker.
I'm talking challenging for the major honours. There's a lot of work that needs to be done to this squad, I'd probably count on one hand the players I'd keep if we want to be taken seriously again.

onemata

Thomas Tuchel

The uncertainty of the who the new owner's of Chelsea could be make it a possibility .
Ten Hag sounds the safe boring choice

Foxbatt

Give it 6 months and The Hag will have bewitched you all. Trust me. The competition are not going to be happy at all with this news.
We are not scared of the competition. It's our board who will undermine him.

Dazzmondo

Not really. 18 months is enough. 3/4 windows, robust clear out and backing.
Winning the league within 18 months? I see it didn't take long for the CAF to become deluded. Not a surprise. This definitely isn't going to end well if you're putting this sort of pressure on him from the start. Our squad is an aging one. Lindelof is our youngest cb and he's 27, the rest will be either nearing or over 30 in 18 months. The only players in the current squad we have who are below the age of 25 are Dalot, AWB (who will probably be sold anyway), Elanga, Sancho and Rashford (just). You'd like to think some of the players on loan or in the academy can step up but you can't guarantee they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.