Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanyC

If it’s to be Potter he really needs a good coaching staff with him, don’t do what Moyes did and sack all the old crew.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can't believe more people want Potter than Poch, Rose, Mancini and Enrique...
Availability is influencing people's thoughts, I'm sure. If someone like Enrique wasn't so obviously staying where he is then he'd be way higher in our thoughts, for example.

hobbers

Can't believe more people want Potter than Poch, Rose, Mancini and Enrique...
We can't get Mancini or Enrique until after the world cup. Rose would be my ideal choice but he's managed Dortmund for 15 games, he's not going to want to leave them this early.

That's why the obvious solution is to bring in Conte. And then if only lasts 2 seasons, that would be the time to get Rose, evaluated alongside ten Hag, Mancini, Enrique etc.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I don't know which is the bigger farce- retention of the manager even now or the utter silence from the Club.

MancSeagull

Supports
Brighton
Looking from the outside in and yes I'm sure your all fully aware, imo the main issue is your owners as well as Ole not being tactically proficient. Now I'm not saying Brighton are going to be top 8 anytime soon(or ever) but what we have as a club is an astute Club supporting owner who has surrounded himself with a chief exec (Barber) and Technical Director (Ashworth), who have then in turn work alongside Potter and his assistants.
Man Utd have WORLD CLASS PLAYERS that are not being coached OR Managed properly. Again.. in my opinion...That comes from the Top and filters all the way to your squad. The players know they are not being coached how they should be!
The Glaziers want immediate success and as fans of the Biggest club in the world I'm sure you do. The big question is...are Conte, Zidane, The Glaziers, the right people to turn your club around. Being a supporter of a club that nearly dropped out of the league many years ago to where we are today, with the best squad we've ever had,playing the best football I've seen in my 54 years of watching Brighton has well been worth the wait.
So my point is...You will return to the top one day but you don't need mercenaries like Conte, Zidane...Be Bold and be brave and Take a punt on a Ten Hag or A Potter. Pep, Klippity and Rodgers can't all be wrong!!!

Sviken

My word we're going to get Poch and PSG will get Conte.
That would be the darkest timeline. I prefer to throw this whole season away and wait for overrated wonderkid manager Ten Hag than to go from Ole to Poch.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Just changed vote to Conte. Not without reservations, but there is nobody even close to his quality available now and there's too much left to play for this season to wait until next summer.

Hughie77

It's between 2 realy . Conte or Ten Hag. If they go for Conte, it's a 2 or 3 year deal then he's off I think. Same could be said about most on the list. There is a guy out there who is the one and finding him could be a long way off.

I'd go for Ten Hag.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I buy into the Pich rumours, I had a feeling it's the reason why Ole wasn't sacked. They might want time to convince Poch to join or just wait it out until he gets sacked.

Far from my first choice, but we already know Fergie likes him and I can see the likes of Murtough getting behind it, Poch is easy to work with.

Flytan

I buy into the Pich rumours, I had a feeling it's the reason why Ole wasn't sacked. They might want time to convince Poch to join or just wait it out until he gets sacked.

Far from my first choice, but we already know Fergie likes him and I can see the likes of Murtough getting behind it, Poch is easy to work with.
Let's pretend we're in some dream world where he wants to leave PSG for United.

PSG won't let him. They straight up won't. I agree with the rest of it. I genuinely think they just want to stick with Ole for the season so they're leaking a candidate that isn't possible so they have an excuse.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let's pretend we're in some dream world where he wants to leave PSG for United.

PSG won't let him. They straight up won't. I agree with the rest of it. I genuinely think they just want to stick with Ole for the season so they're leaking a candidate that isn't possible so they have an excuse.
I guess the hope is that he gets knocked out of CL and gets sacked. All speculation, but Poch is not even that good of a manager for us to go through all the effort when better options are available.

Flytan

I guess the hope is that he gets knocked out of CL and gets sacked. All speculation, but Poch is not even that good of a manager for us to go through all the effort when better options are available.
I mean they're top of the group currently and not the knockout stages, if we persist with ole until then I think we will have long term damage to the club that will once again require years to fix. Then again that's what the glazers want

meninred

The list should of "others" as an option. It sounds as if whoever posted it is the only one who decide for us whom to choose.

SamVimes

If it’s to be Potter he really needs a good coaching staff with him, don’t do what Moyes did and sack all the old crew.
It's the old crew that has gotten us into the mess we are in. It is like a YTS at the moment. Am surprised they haven't hired a transition year student as the throw in coach.

FatTails

I am not smart enough to know what Phelan does, but I have my doubts about retaining his services being essential to any future success.

frostbite

Pochettino just seems a very uninspiring choice to me. But it’s not really fair to judge his abilities based on his PSG stint. I just hope that if it’s true he’s our number one choice, the club has put real thought into it and is not just falling back on a lazy option dating from a few years back.
Pochettino is not going to leave PSG. This year he may finally win the league for the first time in his life. He is not going to abandon that for anyone! He really wants to win something and he is very close now, he can almost smell it.

FatTails

I've been thinking, is it possible that the United job is not as appealing as we would like to think? :confused: It seems like Zidane was outright not interested, we won't even try to tempt someone like Enrique away from international management, and Ten Hag is not willing to leave midseason for what is one of the biggest jobs in world football.

It's weird to me. On paper, I feel like we have the best management job on offer anywhere:
  • Big historic club with a huge budget that can compete with the state-funded clubs for most players
  • Pretty strong and deep squad
  • Very patient board that will back you financially and seemingly not expect a whole lot in return
  • Very patient and supportive fans compared to other big clubs
  • Playing in the star-studded PL with all its riches and international reach
  • Managers are compensated handsomely

So ETH not being interested in leaving Ajax for the above, or Zidane preferring to be unemployed...it seems strange.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
I've been thinking, is it possible that the United job is not as appealing as we would like to think? :confused: It seems like Zidane was outright not interested, we won't even try to tempt someone like Enrique away from international management, and Ten Hag is not willing to leave midseason for what is one of the biggest jobs in world football.

It's weird to me. On paper, I feel like we have the best management job on offer anywhere:
- Big historic club with a huge budget that can compete with the state-funded clubs for most players
- Pretty strong and deep squad
- Very patient board that will back you financially and seemingly not expect a whole lot in return
- Very patient and supportive fans compared to other big clubs
- Playing in the star-studded PL with all its riches and international reach
- Managers are compensated handsomely

So ETH not being interested in leaving Ajax for the above, or Zidane preferring to be unemployed...it seems strange.
Zidane's a bit unique. I don't think he's interested in managing anyone but Real Madrid or France. I don't think he's an obsessive coach/manager like Guardiola/Klopp who are after their next interesting project - for him only a few jobs really interest him. Its not far from the impression I got of him as a player.

ETH is more interesting but I genuinely don't think he's even on the clubs radar.

RooneyLegend

I don't get the obsession with Erik Ten Haag.
People keep talking about him as 'Young and upcoming manager' yet he is only 1 year younger than Conte with much weaker resume and only 2 leagues and 2 cups in his enitre managerial career, won with (by far) the most dominant team in the league.
He is totally unproven. I don't think playing well occasionally in the CL is enough to convince Glazers he is the right man for the job. They see him as a huge risk.
United and this toxic environment would be a huge step for him imo.
He's young with regards to top level experience, not necessarily in age. Unlike these other coaches he didn't start off with great connections. Conte has been terrible in the CL. We need a guy who can compete at that level.

AussieDevil

Ole is here until after the City game. They wouldn’t sack him when we had a week between games, so they won’t sack him when we have 3 in a week.

We will beat Spurs, draw to Atalanta and lose to City.

Conte needs to come in on the ASAP. This season is still salvageable but we can’t waste anymore time.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pochettino is not going to leave PSG. This year he may finally win the league for the first time in his life. He is not going to abandon that for anyone! He really wants to win something and he is very close now, he can almost smell it.
which I believe is the idea all along. Let's sell the Pochs smoke screen while Ole is given till the end of the season to turn this around. After winning against the likes of Newcastle and Norwich they can sell the idea of him being at the wheel again.

lex talionis

Ole is here until after the City game. They wouldn’t sack him when we had a week between games, so they won’t sack him when we have 3 in a week.

We will beat Spurs, draw to Atalanta and lose to City.

Conte needs to come in on the ASAP. This season is still salvageable but we can’t waste anymore time.
Mostly correct. But the season is no longer salvageable. We may claw our way back to fourth, but there’s no chance in hell we’re making top two. As for the CL, no chance we’re making it to the semifinal. With proper management and a favorable run of opponents we could lift the FA Cup, but that’s very small consolation,

Where we are now is building a foundation for next season to win a major trophy.

CeKay

" Conte will leave players and club that no one else can manage "

Common guys, isn't this something that Sir Alex was doing, fringe players that no other club would use but he was dominating the league!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Considering the process it will be (phasing out players, implementing new tactics and buying new players), personally I don't have the mental energy to connect and hope with any manager anymore.

I honestly don't give a shit about any next manager because deep down I know that with these owners and the general football structure of the club (too many newbies and zero direction) that it will be doomed to failure or that it will never meet my dream expectations.

I'll just follow and hope for the best whoever it is but I defo won't invest myself as much :lol:

Last edited:

croadyman

It's between 2 realy . Conte or Ten Hag. If they go for Conte, it's a 2 or 3 year deal then he's off I think. Same could be said about most on the list. There is a guy out there who is the one and finding him could be a long way off.

I'd go for Ten Hag.
I would take Conte on a 2/3 year deal then see who is on the market when his contract is up which I know sounds mental

Coops73

Considering the process it will be (phasing out players, implementing new tactics and buying new players), personally I don't have the mental energy to connect and hope with any managee anymore.

I honestly don't give a shit about any next manager because deep down I know that with these owners and the general football structure of the club (too many newbies and zero direction) that it will be doomed to failure or that it will never meet my dream expectations.

I'll just follow and hope for the best whoever it is but I defo won't invest myself as much :lol:
It’s kind of where I’m at too, nothing will change with these owners, I’ll follow, support and hope that somewhere along the line the twats will stumble into the right decision, because it won’t be by design.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
United finally making the right managerial choice if it is true. Psg is a circus and even though, he is one of the few top manager that can control that circus, he will have more control here at United. At least he will implement a good system of play similiar to what he did at Spurs and slowly building toward that with psg.

Even though, his record is impressive at psg so far, he is the one manager that can take them to the level that they taught was out of reach. So, I am not sure if psg board will let him go so easily, after recently rewarding him with a new contract
You can't be serious. Porch didn't even win the so called "one horse farmers league" that Ligue 1 is so often referred to in here.
PSG was played off the park by a mediocre RB team, which struggles in Bundesliga. Also the win over Man City wasn't impressive as City controlled the game and just didn't take their chances.

But most importantly, if Poch is struggling to implement his system at PSG he will also struggle at United as both squads have similar types of players which aren't made for Poch high energy system at Tottenham.

He will face the same issues as at PSG only in much more competitive league.

Status
Not open for further replies.