Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I was a big fan of Poch, but while PSG is likely not all his fault it doesn't look great. ETH is overwhelmingly the best bet.

Not sure why people are so convinced we wouldn't go for ETH. I happened to chance upon a United Stand youtube video with some awful bloke going mental about the board just want Poch, like it's their overriding aim in life to make Utd fans as miserable as humanly possible. Think that's fecking stupid tbh, they might be incompetent and a bit parasitic but you can bet your bottom dollar they want to keep fans happy. This idea they just purposely do stuff to ruin their fans lives has to die, it makes no sense. I would be surprised if they weren't doing what they can to pull ten hag, they know he is the overwhelmingly popular choice.

Roario

Does any of the united people that make decisions ever come on this forum? If so then they’ll know that ten Haag is the fans most favorable… seen as though the owners are trying to get the fans back onside then surely they know what they have to do.
They will be well aware of the polls on different platforms. They won't hire on popularity alone, but they would be foolish to ignore it.

Webby and O’Neill claiming they have a reliable source who says Poch to Man Utd is a done deal.

I don’t believe it as PSG would need to be involved but could be Poch agent and Utd have a verbal agreement

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Webby and O’Neill claiming they have a reliable source who says Poch to Man Utd is a done deal.

I don’t believe it as PSG would need to be involved but could be Poch agent and Utd have a verbal agreement
That's concerning. Don't they have some ex players on the show?

croadyman

I hate how the journos are saying Poch is the players' choice.
It should not matter who they want. Bunch of cnuts.
Yeah exactly why he shouldn't be appointed,these cowards have absolutely no right to demand who gets the job

AneRu

This club and self sabotage, :mad:. Now that we have gone through the first post-Fergie decade its easy to see how a club can go for three decades without a title, you just have to make the wrong decision every three years and we aren't repenting with falling for the easy way out.

You can actually see PSG sacking Poch and hiring ETH whilst we take their good for top 4 yesterday's man. If they hold the axe long enough they might actually make the idiots at United pay for the pleasure of relieving them of an average manager.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Dont believe it. Why would we have a deal with him while he is still with PSG? Unlikely
We may have done a deal with their blessing - maybe they avoid paying him compensation, as do we, win-win. It’s looked like it would be Poch all along.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Ten hag bookies favourite today, could be down to the sky story, but considering Poch is virtually guaranteed leaving psg and is mad for the Utd job, fact ten hag is 2/1 and Poch is 3/1 is promising. It’s not good for business to piss off the fans. That’s a result of incompetence rather than design.

Kaos

I'll be honest, I'll be fecking miserable if we appoint Poch. :lol:
Yeah I’ll be gutted and most likely checked out.

Though part of me wants us to just hire him and get it over with so we can sack him in a few years after he inevitably fails and we can probably rebuild after that. Sigh.

OrcaFat

Taking charge of Utd now is a rare challenge. It is a combination of taking an unfancied team and over-achieving with them and simultaneously taking an elite club where the expectation is to win each game and delivering the results.

Lots of managers have done one or other of those things, some have done both. Has anyone done both at the same time?

Wilt

Ten Hag bookies favourite today, could be down to the sky story, but considering Poch is virtually guaranteed leaving psg and is mad for the Utd job, fact ten hag is 2/1 and Poch is 3/1 is promising. It’s not good for business to piss off the fans. That’s a result of incompetence rather than design.
Wrong. Poch is still favourite, with money coming in for Tuchel.…

Pochettino 6/4
Ten Hag 11/4
Tuchel 7/2
Conte10/1

croadyman

Wrong. Poch is still favourite, with money coming in for Tuchel.…

Pochettino 6/4
Ten Hag 11/4
Tuchel 7/2
Conte10/1
Ugh Pochettino being favourite would have been great FOUR YEARS AGO, now I wish Ten Hag was the front runner.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If we get poch we're screwed for the next decade. Just like moyes in the beginning of the previous decade.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Looking forward to Rangnick leaving.

His average CV is very telling to the football I have seen.

Feeling like a Schalke than a Dortmund or a Bayern Munich.

United in sin

Yes possibly, but to title winning level? I don't see it. He'd probably get us to be a top 4 team consistently, but beyond that? I have no faith he'd take us to the top again, and I've thought that for years.
I want consistent good football and a squad that fights for everything to begin with. Titles will come when they come.

Judas

Open to offers
I want consistent good football and a squad that fights for everything to begin with. Titles will come when they come.
If you're not building to be the very best what's the point. I don't believe for a second a title will come with Poch, unless he sticks around long enough for Pep and Klopp's decline and/or their replacements totally shit the bed, but that seems highly unlikely.

The way he's seemingly coped with PSG's team of big egos is such a massive red flag. Unless we really do rip this squad apart and start again, which we must do.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I want Ten Hag, but I don’t think Poch would be the disastrous appointment that many on here think he would

Status
Not open for further replies.