Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wise_old_man

I was over the moon with LVG and Jose. It is easy to be clever now but they were at that moment obvious choices
Jose was the more "obvious" choice. People wanted Pep but he joined City, leaving Jose the only "top" name left.
When Van Gaal was appointed, people still asked why we did not get Klopp (and his Dortmund soldiers Reus, Gundogain, Aubameyang...etc)

United in sin

We'd already appointed him by then though?
You're right. His performance at the 2014 WC merely augmented that excitement. His appointment wasn't met with apprehension or negativity, there was genuine excitement and hope

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think we’ll do some sort of deal whereby instead of PSG having to pay Poch off to sack him or us have to pay them compensation if they haven’t, we'll pay Poch a signing on fee. Everyone's happy and the Board finally have their man.

croadyman

I think we’ll do some sort of deal whereby instead of PSG having to pay Poch off to sack him or us have to pay them compensation if they haven’t, we'll pay Poch a signing on fee. Everyone's happy and the Board finally have their man.
Yeah everyone bar Ralf and the fanbase

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'll be honest that would be a dream scenario for me. If they made this happen then I would really have some belief for the next few years. Although I believe this guy is bottom of the barrel in the tier list of reliability
He isn't reliable at all when it comes to transfers. But there's a possibility he could possibly know something regarding both Manchester clubs, due to him being a reporter for both, and him being present at the press conferences.

L1nk

He isn't reliable at all when it comes to transfers. But there's a possibility he could possibly know something regarding both Manchester clubs, due to him being a reporter for both, and him being present at the press conferences.
*insert don't give me hope Hawkeye gif*

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This sounds good on paper with ETH managing and RR assisting but I feel this may lead to clash of egos. I would rather RR just focus on consultancy and let the manager do his job. RR can do his work backstage.
I dont think they mean RR as assistant coach like Fletcher. Mostly as an organisational guy, role which he played at RBL

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Mirror is pretty shite for Utd stories in my experience. Hope they’re right though. I’d have ETH over Tuchel. Chelsea have a much better squad than us but they are not in the title mix. Can’t not be impressed with ETH’s track record. He is the overwhelming fan choice and would get cut a lot of slack to get us going again. Doesn’t feel like the right time for Poch anymore and the knives would be out from first setback on.

mkso

The main problem of Pochettino is not the result but the performance and the playing style, I watched PSG matches around once a months since last year, their performance were shit and I really don’t know what their style are, remind me of Man United under Ole.

PeteManic

Go get Tuchel FFS. Guarantee him highest salary and money for players and we will have him.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
EtH flying to the rescue. He'll need Rangnick there though because fighting the obtuseness of this board is too much for two, let alone one man.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I don't see Rangnick being on the bench next season and Mullock isn't very reliable. Andy Mitten said last week that if United end the season strong then Rangnick will gain trust and have more of a say. As things stand I think he'll end up having a big say in who our next manager is.

Telsim

Rangnick and his contingent need to put the screws on Murtough and Arnold, and by extension Joel, regarding Ten Hag. Those feckers are hell-bent on making the wrong choice again. They must be made to realize this, along with the opinion of the fans. Maybe that can sway their opinion being so concerned with PR and all that.

MajesticUnited

First choice must be Tuchel if he is available as he’s achieved the most in the EPL and CL and he’s done it very recently.
Second choice should be ETH as he’s proved he’s a winner, regardless of the level.
Third choice should be Poch, and I’d be surprised if he improved on Ole’s achievements.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Rangnick and his contingent need to put the screws on Murtough and Arnold, and by extension Joel, regarding Ten Hag. Those feckers are hell-bent on making the wrong choice again. They must be made to realize this, along with the opinion of the fans. Maybe that can sway their opinion being so concerned with PR and all that.
Made to realise what exactly? Murtough and Arnold could be in full agreement with Rangnick on the who next manager should be for all we know.

Telsim

Made to realise what exactly? Murtough and Arnold could be in full agreement with Rangnick on the who next manager should be for all we know.
Made to realize they are on their way to appoint the wrong person in the face of Poch.

If the CEO, the DoF and Rangnick are of the same opinion, that Ten Hag is the man, then why is there so much indecision about the appointment? So much smoke about Poch? I have no reason to assume or trust that Murtough an Arnold will make the correct decision. I'm having a hard time seeing Arnold for anything more than an extension of the Glazer's will as it is. Yes, yes, he said he will leave football decisions to football people. Words are easy though. And the last 10 years haven't exactly filled me confidence.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope we get ten Hag if the choice is out of himself and Poch. But there's no guaranteed 'correct choice'.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ten Haag as manager and he wants RR as part of his coaching team… dunno if that would be good or not. If so then maybe try and persuade VDS to come and join Ten Haag and be DOF that would really be the dream. We definitely need someone upstairs to sort this mess of a club out, wether that’s RR or someone els.

In an ideal world Ragnick would be the link between the footballing side of the club and the money side, something he mentioned on a couple of occasions he did at the RB clubs.
That would be a dream but I have a feeling Ralf won’t be satisfied with the ‘consultancy role’. It all happened so quickly his appointment and his job role at the end of the season still hadn’t been defined yet. I’m very worried the club won’t give him any decision making power so they can ignore his advice.

It will be very interesting if the club follows his guidance as to who should be the next manager. He clearly rates the ETH, Hassenhuttl type of managers that follow the press philosophy. The club might continue to follow the old guard thinking of Fergie etc and go for a big name kind of manager of the Poch/Zidane type.

dove

I would take Tuchel if he became available from this chelsea.
I keep seeing it being mentioned but why would Tuchel become available? Is it because of sanctions for Chelsea? If that's the case, no chance he will become available.

dinostar77

I keep seeing it being mentioned but why would Tuchel become available? Is it because of sanctions for Chelsea? If that's the case, no chance he will become available.
The sunday papers seem to think he might become available due to sanctions and/or new owners might not want him in charge. If a billionaire buys chelsea as his new shiny toy, why wouldnt he appoint his own choice of manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.