Next Spurs manager?

justsomebloke

Seriously though - what's wrong with Potter ? Can't believe people actually think Gattuso is better than Potter.

Very weird !
I've been thinking that too. Potter with better players, I'd like the look of that if I were a Spurs fan.

The oddest thing to me about the Spurs situation is, having appointed a Director of Football, shouldn't there be more direction to this process?

I could understand the changes of direction before they got Paratici. Now they've got him though, shouldn't he be saying this is the way we need to go, these are the kind of players we need to go there and this is the kind of coach we need to bring it all together? It feels like they're just bouncing from one thing to another. I don't think Fonseca and Gattuso are that similar as coaches. It does not feel to me like there's this guiding idea behind the candidates they are talking to. Maybe there is and its all hush hush?
seems the DOF is just recommending one Italian manager after the next. Seems being Italian is the only requirement at the moment.

dinostar77

This is the biggest and most hysterical farce in football for years. Laughing stock doesnt come close.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
At this point they should just try to get Favre. Would probably be better than either Fonseca or Gattuso as well :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What a mess, trying to hire freebie and still can't afford them.

Just forget about signing new players to me Spurs should focus their full money on hiring manager that can work on small budget, develop young players, and deliver attacking football, similar to Pochettino and a complete opposite of Mourinho & Conte. Why trying to make things complicated.

Graham Potter is a good example, a manager who can work on small budget and play attacking football. It's probably better spending the money this summer on only hiring sporting director and hiring manager like Potter without signing a new player. Howe is also a good potential manager if you want a freebie. Why trying to hire foreigner who has zero proof that they can be fit in EPL and Spurs.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He isnt an owner though right?
He owns part of ENIC, I think about 30%, and ENIC own 85% of Spurs. Levy and his family own the other 15% of Spurs IIRC. Only Joe Lewis (ENICs other owner) could possibly sack Levy and he doesn't give a shit apparently, its Levy's show.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Isn't this how a normal manager hiring process goes?
Not every club is going to hire the first manager they interview.
I wouldn't say that it's normal because they had time to do their homework and they are leaking an unusual amount of information. Keep in mind that they sacked Mourinho two months ago, generally clubs have an idea of where they want to go when they sack a manager or if they don't they are rarely scrambling after two months. I personally have no examples of this type of scenario that comes to mind.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Should just let the fans vote on the next manager at this point.

nainaisson

Can't figure out why they haven't gone for Lucien Favre. He's the best available manager right now and plays the kind of football their supporters like.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They will probably decide their new manager in July. :lol:
Didn't Chelsea do that once, Conte was still manager for some reason for first week of pre season and then they sacked him and got in Sarri.

Loads of Spurs players at euros and Copa America and Son playing for South Korea aswell so from that side no big deal if managerial search goes on for a few more weeks as many of them won't be back until third week of July.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
At this point they should just try to get Favre. Would probably be better than either Fonseca or Gattuso as well :lol:
Was linked to Palace yesterday so yes available and actually very logical considering the state they're in.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Seems like Son about to sign new long term deal as they've paid a loan back or something so that's something to cling onto for Spurs fans at least although he wasn't great in last months of the season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Didn't Chelsea do that once, Conte was still manager for some reason for first week of pre season and then they sacked him and got in Sarri.

Loads of Spurs players at euros and Copa America and Son playing for South Korea aswell so from that side no big deal if managerial search goes on for a few more weeks as many of them won't be back until third week of July.
And how is that a good thing for Spurs? Forcing a new manager to work on limited budget in very limitation time. Spurs had lot of time to figure out their new manager after they sacked Mourinho, the fact they haven't decided since they sacked Mourinho is just very bad from their board and Levy himself.

dinostar77

Maybe levy should go leftfield and go get jurgen Klinsmann? That would be a popular appointment.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Maybe levy should go leftfield and go get jurgen Klinsmann? That would be a popular appointment.
Klinsmann would represent the absolute bottom of the barrel

Maybe before, the second coming of André Villas-Boas?

sparx99

I’d look at Ten Hag or Ruben Amorim if I was Spurs. I’m not sure it Amorim would want to move on after winning the league in his first year but it’s an amazing job he did.

poleglass red

making our club look good with the shenanigans going on there, apparently talks were so far evolved with Fonseca he had started talking to the board about transfers. Crazy fate, that they were going to appoint a manager in Fonseca who spurs ex manager Jose is going to replace. Up in the air now, whomever gets it, knows they weren't first choice

dinostar77

❌ Nagelsmann
❌ Rodgers
❌ Flick
❌ Allegri
❌ Ten Hag
❌ Pochettino
❌ Conte
❌ Fonseca
❌ Gattuso

Just mental.