Next Spurs manager?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

It seems all this faffing around has made them just super thankful for having an actual manager being approached.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I hope not for your sake, but Spurs have 'finally' ended up on a good pick.
He has such a good relationship with our chairman and director of football and has said time and again he is very happy at Brighton with everyone working to same strategy and pulling in the same direction.

I hope he wouldn't want to give that up to work with Levy. I would be surprised if he left Brighton right now, but you never know....

Teja

Just go for Potter on a short (1 - 1.5yr) contract. Think he'll do better than half the fancy names being toted around.

redrobed

Just go for Potter on a short (1 - 1.5yr) contract. Think he'll do better than half the fancy names being toted around.
I don’t see him going for that. Spurs are probably a step up from Brighton but assuming he’s on a fairly lengthy contract at Brighton I doubt he’ll consider it a big enough step up to justify leaving a long term role for something as short as 1-1.5 years.

Teja

I don’t see him going for that. Spurs are probably a step up from Brighton but assuming he’s on a fairly lengthy contract at Brighton I doubt he’ll consider it a big enough step up to justify leaving a long term role for something as short as 1-1.5 years.
Yep I sort of agree but I think Spurs are a big enough step up that he'll get noticed across Europe if he does a good job there. Maybe even opens up the England job if Southgate gets sacked.

Levy has to sell it though.

I love to take the piss out of spurs (some family support them), and it’s so easy…

However - clearly it’s a massive step up from Brighton to Spurs. Probably double or triple his own wages, and gets to work with better players, with a team that’s in Europe most seasons.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The only reason Potter wouldn't jump at the chance is if he's being given a provisional one year deal. Clearly a major step up and these chances don't come around for English managers too often. Look at boy wonder Eddie Howe, people were seriously suggesting him for United on here. In the wilderness.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If it wasn't for Covid happening things may have been very different under Mourinho. The new stadium full to capacity would have generated significant income for spurs. That would have been used to invest in the squad.

Mourinho joined spurs because the project looked so good. World class stadium, world class training ground. Funds would have been provided to develop a world class team on the pitch.

But covid happened and it all fell apart. You could argue that if covid didnt happen then spurs would still fail under Mourinho but we will never know.
:lol: Is this satire?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I’ll take the job if no one else is willing. Could make a career like Jose, living off severance packages.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I suggest Arry be given the job and if that doesn't work Big Sam comes in bailing them out from relegation trouble.

Cloud7

Seriously, why not moyesey?
He’s already shown he can’t cut it at a big club. West Ham is his level. He’s doing well there. Him at Spurs will be reminiscent of him at United.

sugar_kane

It seems all this faffing around has made them just super thankful for having an actual manager being approached.
“… can I just shock you?

I like Graham Potter, in spite of what I just said earlier”

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Has his name always rhymed with Yorker or did it used to be like Smith or something?

poleglass red

Joe Kinnear, ex Spurs player, great man manager. His calming influence would be a welcome respite after the fractious reign of Jose. He's up there in age, but he could come in, steady the ship, keep them in the premier league next season and then pass the baton onto a younger more energetic manager such as Roy Hodgson.

The Firestarter

Joe Kinnear, ex Spurs player, great man manager. His calming influence would be a welcome respite after the fractious reign of Jose. He's up there in age, but he could come in, steady the ship, keep them in the premier league next season and then pass the baton onto a younger more energetic manager such as Roy Hodgson.
Pressers will be fun.

" Joe, why no play Dele Ali?"
"You're a kant"

largelyworried

The problem these managers have at smaller clubs is that things can go wrong real quick. Even the best managers cant guarantee to keep teams like Brighton in the Prem forever. It only takes a few injuries, a loss of confidence and one or two poor buys and they're out of the league, no matter how talented the boss. So the window of opportunity to move on while your stock is high can be really small.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Every other club has rejected Nuno after interviewing him and I think Wolves were on the verge of sacking him before he left the club. If he ends up Spurs I expect a tough season next year for them, also not the sort of name that would convince Kane that his future is with the club.

Spurs in panic mode right now and scraping the barrel for whoever is left.

hobbers

So they've been rejected by Nagelsmann, Rodgers, Conte, Poch, Lopetegui and ten Hag, and they've gone for and then pulled out of deals for Fonseca and Gattuso.

This makes Nuno genuinely their 9th choice or have I forgotten someone else?