Neymar is rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchoolManc

Whenever I’ve watched Neymar, whether in a PSG game, or Brazil game, he’s just been rubbish.
Seriously, was it £500 million that PSG paid?
Gives the ball away all the time, often in dangerous areas, spends half the game acting like he’s been shot whenever touched and I can’t recall ever seeing him do ANYTHING decent. He is a garbage player that is infuriating to watch.
What am I missing?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I thought everything went through him last night.

Mbappe on the other hand.. Take his pace away or nullify it by not leaving space in behind and I think he's pretty average

youmeletsfly

I think Neymar is okay as long as people around him make him space and run in behind.
Think with him the issue the expectation to perform at some godlike level of football just because he's touted as the only one near to Leo and CR7.

Mbappe on the other hand, jeez, what an overrated kid. Other than speed and some dribbling skills, I guess what people today call "talent", he has nothing going for him. I'd go as far as saying his 1st touch is pretty average, same as his finishing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, it was five hundred million pounds that PSG paid for Neymar. What a total dud.

Hulksmash

Nah Neymar is good. Mbappe on the other hand is a speed merchant. Take away his speed and he becomes a Stoke player

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Whenever I’ve watched Neymar, whether in a PSG game, or Brazil game, he’s just been rubbish.
Gives the ball away all the time, often in dangerous areas, spends half the game acting like he’s been shot whenever touched and I can’t recall ever seeing him do ANYTHING decent. He is a garbage player that is infuriating to watch.
What am I missing?
Nope, it was actually £1 billion and they have to buy him a Camel every time he scores, amazing right?!

Sanchez7

What am I missing?
You probably haven’t watched much of him. He was phenomenal at Barcelona and has 70goals in 85 games for PSG.

One of his best goals -

IAmAWinner

Actually he is one of the best players in the world. Would take him at United in a heartbeat.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
One generic mega thread about Neymar "Neymar - the player" in the football forum is largely sufficient.

There is no point in having several threads about Messi, several about Neymar, etc.

jesperjaap

And the usual one poor performance and suddenly Neymar and Mbappe are average and over rated, this place is funny

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Hes ok as a player - worth his fee? Absolutely not.
He appears to be a massive bell end too.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
And the usual one poor performance and suddenly Neymar and Mbappe are average and over rated, this place is funny
I don't think Neymar was particularly poor yesterday. Mbappe though, I think has been poor for the whole 'mini tournament'. Granted, he was coming off the back of an injury.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Have you only maybe watched him a couple of times OP? He's easily one of the best in the world. Don't know how anyone who watches and understands football could come to any other conclusion.

The move to Paris was terrible for both him and Barca. And to a lesser extent, PSG.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Fee Fi Fo Fum,
I smell the blood of a massive WUM.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Where's that absolute gowl that kept saying he is better tan Ronaldo gone off to?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yes Neymar cost £500m and Mbappe is also rubbish. Absolutely.

No Love

Where's that absolute gowl that kept saying he is better tan Ronaldo gone off to?
Not sure if it’s the same dude but just last week I had a newbie poster trying to tell me that Neymar is a more complete player than Ronaldo ever was. I’m sure he’ll sniff this thread out and arrive in due course.

Skåre Willoch

It baffles me how people who can love football can hate Neymar.
It baffles me as well, and I'm one of them.

Brilliant, fantastic, outrageous player. Unplayable at times. Entertaining, technically unique. He ticks all the boxes.

But he ticks all the "unlikeable" boxes as well. He's become synonymous with rolling around, diving, being a diva, etc. As much as I love the football player that is Neymar, I hate the "celebrity" and actor.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
I understand people disliking the person Neymar ( I also do) , but saying he is rubbish is kind of shocking. Same with how people talk about Mbappé suuddenly. Both easily top 5/8 of attacking players. If they are bad, what are the others then ?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It baffles me how people who can love football can hate Neymar.
I think his alias "old school" gives away why he doesn't like him.

I've noticed that people who like to hold onto the ball and take more responsibility are often seen as wasteful/bad players for some reason. Perhaps it's not the English way of playing and unless you're passing the ball as fast as possible it's seen as a bad thing.

Neymar in the first half alone made 2/3 great chances, the one for Di Maria where he put it over the top comes to mind.

Paul_Scholes18

He was the worst player on the pitch yesterday. No idea what he was doing. Thought he could dribble past Bayern on his own.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
It baffles me as well, and I'm one of them.

Brilliant, fantastic, outrageous player. Unplayable at times. Entertaining, technically unique. He ticks all the boxes.

But he ticks all the "unlikeable" boxes as well. He's become synonymous with rolling around, diving, being a diva, etc. As much as I love the football player that is Neymar, I hate the "celebrity" and actor.
That is a fair point . The more I think about it the more I really meant the footballing side of things. For some reason his ability is just not appreciated and for some crazy reason he gets a lot of hate for being a showboat and trying to take the piss out of defenders.

@kouroux @NinjaZombie @Adam-Utd

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Aaaand here we go..

What am I missing?
Maybe that's your eyes, then.

Varun

Staff
Every new thought doesn't merit a thread, especially ones as shit as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.