Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This is a big chance for Murtough to weed out his scout system / staff. He should take notes, anyone that suggesting United to sign Neymar (or Pickford), need to be sacked on the spot.

RoyKeaneReborn

Please don't sign him. Our track record of signing Brazilians and them turning out great is poor. Also question his hunger.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Be quite ironic after all the flapping for Qatari owners....if they actually win the bid and then sign a load of players that ETH probably doesn't want. Neymar I think could well be the least suitable player for this club that exists.

Hopefully this story is absolute nonsense. Don't want him anywhere near this club.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Be quite ironic after all the flapping for Qatari owners....if they actually win the bid and then sign a load of players that ETH probably doesn't want. Neymar I think could well be the least suitable player for this club that exists.

Hopefully this story is absolute nonsense. Don't want him anywhere near this club.
Why would Ten Hag not want Neymar? He's probably the best player for the football he played at Ajax out of all realistic options. Could easily turn out the best player in the EPL if henstays somewhat fit.

People seriously underestimate Neymar's quality in here. The person Neymar is a different topic but all this has also been blown a bit out of proportion, I think. Apart from supporting the Brazilian version of Trump, of course, that was really bad.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Why would Ten Hag not want Neymar? He's probably the best player for the football he played at Ajax out of all realistic options. Could easily turn out the best player in the EPL if henstays somewhat fit.

People seriously underestimate Neymar's quality in here. The person Neymar is a different topic but all this has also been blown a bit out of proportion, I think. Apart from supporting the Brazilian version of Trump, of course, that was really bad.
Half fit Neymar >> Fully fit Sancho & Anthony & Martial.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Because he's an over rated show pony who doesn't track back.

He'd be awful in the PL.

redcucumber

He's a far right winging sister shagging perennially injured weirdo. Hard pass.

Gordon S

This is a big chance for Murtough to weed out his scout system / staff. He should take notes, anyone that suggesting United to sign Neymar (or Pickford), need to be sacked on the spot.
Pickford? We are surely not linked to Pickford?

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Because he's an over rated show pony who doesn't track back.

He'd be awful in the PL.
Whenever I've watched him in Ligue 1 or elsewhere he works off the ball at least as much as Rashford, Martial or Sancho.

I also don't think he's overrated, moreso everybody is super tough on him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Whenever I've watched him in Ligue 1 or elsewhere he works off the ball at least as much as Rashford, Martial or Sancho.

I also don't think he's overrated, moreso everybody is super tough on him.
He's not suited to PL at all.

I'd rather have Rashford in my team tbh. Rather have Bruno at number 10 as well.

Neymar has played in a great Barca team and a dominant PSG one. In our team he'd struggle big time as we can't afford to carry luxury players as we aren't good enough.

dubplate warrior

A fit and firing Neymar would be the best attacking player in the league. He's that good.

Unfortunately this is rarely the case and there are genuine questions about his commitment and professionalism.

Guapa

Hard pass if even available.The guys a clown and overrated.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He's not suited to PL at all.

I'd rather have Rashford in my team tbh. Rather have Bruno at number 10 as well.

Neymar has played in a great Barca team and a dominant PSG one. In our team he'd struggle big time as we can't afford to carry luxury players as we aren't good enough.
What's different about about EPL football that so many great players aren't suited to it? Do they play with square balls? Round pitches? Smaller goals?

croadyman

He feels to me like the kind of signing we should be all over IF we have no issues in the whole squad whatsoever but that's not the case

Pickle85

It's not just a claim, it is what medical experts have diagnosed.

What bothers me is that those people who claim he's faked those injuries don't think it through. It's easy to say "he faked these injuries, there's no way this is a coincidence". But when you think about the implications, it becomes ridiculous. It's literally impossible that he pulled this off without bribing anyone. And with "bribing" I don't mean that he only bribed doctors, he would have to bribe opposition players into injuring him because we've seen those situations on live. I get it is suspicious that he's always injured around this time of the year but when the other explanations are even more improbable, then it is what it is. Far more probable that his body (or his lifestyle) isn't made for professional sports and the strain becomes too much after a few months.

I don't want to be friends with someone who endorses Bolsonaro. But I'm annoyed by people who take fake news as gospel.
It's absolutely not literally impossible that neymar would have had to bribe someone in order to get away with faking an injury.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's absolutely not literally impossible that neymar would have had to bribe someone in order to get away with faking an injury.
Alright. The reasons he missed games over March 11:

18: Broken foot (out for 90 days)
19: Broken foot (out for 85 days)
21: Adductor problems (out for 36 days)
23: Ankle surgery (out for a projected 130 days)

18, 19 and 23 are impossible to fake without bribing doctors since the medical staff of PSG will definitely have a look when the club's superstar is out for at least three months as they club pays millions in salaries and depreciations and gets nothing in return. A player being out for 3 months also means the insurance companies have to pay so they'll have a closer look as well. Without bribing that's where his fake injury would be revealed at the very least. The other option is that he was actually injured but planned it ahead. Now it's completely ridiculous that he would injure himself on purpose (and miss out on multiple millions in salaries) just to visit his sister's birthday but let's assume for a moment that this was actually the case. There's actual footage of the injuries or at least eye witnesses, since some happened during matches and some on the training ground. In some cases there were opposition players involved - so if planned to be injured,, those would have to be accomplices.

And now lets assume for a second that his sister's birthday actually is that important to him that he's willing to suffer immense pain and miss out on millions of Euros for her: Don't you think there would have been easier options to accomplish the same thing? Do you really think he would have to do this instead of just asking PSG if they rest him for one Ligue 1 match?

lex talionis

Even without the highly concerning injury record, it has to be a big fat no to Neymar. Surely the experience with Ronaldo wasn't so long ago that we've learned nothing from it

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What's different about about EPL football that so many great players aren't suited to it? Do they play with square balls? Round pitches? Smaller goals?
It's time tougher, more physical and quicker.

Neymar would spend an hour every game rolling around.

It amazes me how people confess to watch this league and can't see that he's not suited to this league at all.

He's also 31 and had bad injuries these last two years so further reason as to why this is nonsense.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is the main concern regarding Neymar. If he were to be healthy and a couple of years younger I would welcome him with open arms because he is quality.
Meh....never been a fan tbh but each to their own. He's always been a YouTube player like Pogba. Sounds a lot better on paper than it actually is in reality.

i really hope we don't sign him.

Just Hope

Meh....never been a fan tbh but each to their own. He's always been a YouTube player like Pogba. Sounds a lot better on paper than it actually is in reality.

He has a 0.6-goal-per-match average, which is pretty good. Just for context, Benzema has 0.53, and Messi The Alien has 0.810

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He has a 0.6-goal-per-match average, which is pretty good. Just for context, Benzema has 0.53, and Messi The Alien has 0.810
Playing for one of best Barca teams of all time and in the farmers league.

I would put good money on him not scoring as many as Rashford in the PL. He's not quick enough or strong enough for this league.

He's better suited in other leagues.

antk

Have you watched actual football in the last 8 years? This is a mental opinion.
Neymar has been arguably the best or second best player in the world for multiple stints during his time in Europe.

There are no guarantees he'll ever be fit for a full season of high-level football again, but that's an entirely different story.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Neymar has been arguably the best or second best player in the world for multiple stints during his time in Europe.

There are no guarantees he'll ever be fit for a full season of high-level football again, but that's an entirely different story.
At no point, on Earth, has he ever been the second best player on the world over the last 8 years.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Yeah I have.

This ain't FIFA mate. This is the PL. Neymar isn't anywhere near as good as the hype would suggest he is.

I'd have Rashford in the PL every day of the week over Neymar and I'm not exaggerating. He wouldn't get away from defenders because he's not that quick. He would get knocked off the ball a lot too.

He's not right for the PL at all.

scottser

I though we all agreed that the days of signing pensioners to 5 year contracts on half a million per week should be over? Why the feck is this even being discussed?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I wouldn't call something as generic as your perspective on the matter an opinion
“Especially because of the different circumstances, like the intensity of the games here.

”I’m not trying to underestimate La Liga, but the games here are much more difficult, there’s a higher number of transitions. In Spain, they usually prefer tiki-taka football as they call it there. Here there are more transitions, more attacking moves.

”Each league has its own qualities and traits. I know each has its own traits and I respect both [leagues]. But the most important thing is for players to adapt as quickly as possible.”

https://strettynews.com/2023/02/24/...e-matches-are-more-difficult-than-in-la-liga/

Is Casemiro ignorant and small minded?
Not saying Neymar isn't suited to the PL mind you, but if someone has that opinion I wouldn't call it small-minded because the intensity of the PL is different

Stadjer

Yeah I have.

This ain't FIFA mate. This is the PL. Neymar isn't anywhere near as good as the hype would suggest he is.

I'd have Rashford in the PL every day of the week over Neymar and I'm not exaggerating. He wouldn't get away from defenders because he's not that quick. He would get knocked off the ball a lot too.

He's not right for the PL at all.
If Neymar would come to the Premier League he would make the defenders look like clowns... that is until they hack him down and he will be out injured. There are a lot of strong, fast and very athletic defenders in the French league and they can only stop Neymar by hacking him down. Neymar would not struggle at all in the Premier League when it purely comes to footballing ability.

redcucumber

Alright. The reasons he missed games over March 11:

18: Broken foot (out for 90 days)
19: Broken foot (out for 85 days)
21: Adductor problems (out for 36 days)
23: Ankle surgery (out for a projected 130 days)

18, 19 and 23 are impossible to fake without bribing doctors since the medical staff of PSG will definitely have a look when the club's superstar is out for at least three months as they club pays millions in salaries and depreciations and gets nothing in return. A player being out for 3 months also means the insurance companies have to pay so they'll have a closer look as well. Without bribing that's where his fake injury would be revealed at the very least. The other option is that he was actually injured but planned it ahead. Now it's completely ridiculous that he would injure himself on purpose (and miss out on multiple millions in salaries) just to visit his sister's birthday but let's assume for a moment that this was actually the case. There's actual footage of the injuries or at least eye witnesses, since some happened during matches and some on the training ground. In some cases there were opposition players involved - so if planned to be injured,, those would have to be accomplices.

And now lets assume for a second that his sister's birthday actually is that important to him that he's willing to suffer immense pain and miss out on millions of Euros for her: Don't you think there would have been easier options to accomplish the same thing? Do you really think he would have to do this instead of just asking PSG if they rest him for one Ligue 1 match?
I'm finding this conversation a bit odd so I'm hesitantly joining in - but surely it goes without saying that players themselves will have a lot of say in the process of their own recovery..? If a player says they don't yet feel ready to join in first team training, it doesn't matter what the club's doctors say wrt to the nature of the injury itself. Players definitely have a degree of input throughout the phases of rehabilitation, and it goes without saying that a player like Neymar will have more than most. The notion that he'd have to be bribing doctors to extend his recovery period is absurd (I'm not saying he has been misleading officials to get more time off but undoubtedly it goes on in football).

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Actually faking an injury could be considered fraud and with the amounts at play a jail sentence would be very likely, now it would likely be a suspended sentence alongside a fine with damage and interests going to the plaintive. But you need a plaintive which is the unlikely part in Football.
Good Lord.

Footballers are always injured. Always. Without exception. Muscle pains are a part of sport.

No footballer is going to go to jail for anything relating to an injury.

I mean… have all of my internet points for providing an explanation from fantasy land, but we both know it’s not happening in our actual reality.

Jeffthered

Thing is, this is a brilliant footballer, a match winner and a genuine goalscorer (remember those!!). I think he's incredible. But.. but... there are many issues. He will have to take a massive wage cut wherever he ends up. But he turns a good side into a winning team. PSG is a nuts experiment, so that's not even worth discussing.

Wherever he goes, I just think he will be more focused, after the PSG nonsense, and a focused Neymar is a sensation.

People need to stop thinking 31 is too old. Look at CR7, Messi or Lewandoski's figures at that age. Incredible. Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.