Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
3 weeks ago Kasper Schmeichel came out saying that he joined Nice FC not because he's a washed up goalkeeper with his dad's body type issues minus his dad's talent but simply because of INEOS. That statement aged badly as NICE fans including the club captain had come out claiming that INEOs are basically clueless. Suddenly this rumour has popped out meant to discredit Jassim. Which is kind of hilarious considering that despite all his weakness Neymar had scored more goals then Nice top scorer (17 vs 10) and is just 1 assist shy then all Nice 3 joint assist men put together. (11 vs 12). That despite playing mostly behind the main striker.

I wouldn't want Neymar anywhere near to United if he's involved in a typical transfers. He's 31, his salary is massive and he's got his share of injuries. However if PSG are keen to offer him on a 2 year loan, maybe paying part of his salary as well then Neymar would be a no brainer especially in a summer plagued with the takeover talks and FFP issues.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Our name has been used like this many, many times so until the club itself discloses its interest, I don’t believe it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is not my no 1 signing but his goals and assist tally are off the charts.
He's a genuinely phenomenal player - he just can't stay fit for more than half a season at most.

MegadrivePerson

Ask yourself why PSG want to get rid of him?

We need to be signing players on the way up, not the way down.

Reynoldo

Our name has been used like this many, many times so until the club itself discloses its interest, I don’t believe it.
Yeah exactly, this reeks of leaks from Neymars side to try and drum up interest rather than us actually initiating it.

Eric_the_Red99

This sounds like it could be another Pogba or Ronaldo situation ie far too much drama off the pitch, which isn’t justified by what is delivered on the pitch. We should steer well clear.

redIndianDevil

I'd be okay if we sign him. We need more creative players who can change the game instantly, we can easily manage his workload between him and Bruno. I don't think he is like Pogba at all, he is combative and has to be protected from rough tackles. The reason Pogba's attitude caused problems is because he wasn't an hard worker and is not a modern midfielder at all. Again Ronaldo was past it and didn't have the legs anymore. Neymar is nowhere like that, he's got work rate, incredible dribbling meaning he can pull in defenders and free up Rashford and Antony.

If we could sign him on loan we should definitely be after him.

Real Name

3 weeks ago Kasper Schmeichel came out saying that he joined Nice FC not because he's a washed up goalkeeper with his dad's body type issues minus his dad's talent but simply because of INEOS. That statement aged badly as NICE fans including the club captain had come out claiming that INEOs are basically clueless. Suddenly this rumour has popped out meant to discredit Jassim.
Talk about a conspiracy theory.

devilish

Talk about a conspiracy theory.
Certain events are too much of a coincidence to be considered so. Neymar is the poster boy of a Qatari stereotype 'bad signing'. He is on a silly salary, he is in decline and would irk most united fans.

Real Name

Certain events are too much of a coincidence to be considered so. Neymar is the poster boy of a Qatari stereotype 'bad signing'. He is on a silly salary, he is in decline and would irk most united fans.
I know you're rooting for Qatar as much as you can but that is really a stretch.

devilish

I know you're rooting for Qatar as much as you can but that is really a stretch.
These jabs has been going through and forth for quite some time mate. Don't tell me that you haven't notice the PR spin from both sides?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Neymar's problem is his professionalism and with his age I don't think he will change.
It is very risky to pay a transfer and a high salary for him. If he comes on loan, the risk is reduced and he could be an interesting option.

Silas

Turning up our noses at Neymar… how many goals have we scored this season?
Exactly. You'd think Weghorst would have humbled us. On loan with subsidized wages, there's almost no downside. I imagine there'd be some re-jigging of the front line, with either Rashford at striker (which I'm slightly unsure about), Neymar as a false 9, or Neymar as 10, with Bruno dropping deeper (also unsure about). As @Niemans said, it's definitely an interesting option at the very least. Some people just don't like him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'd be all for this if we could get him on loan like Chelsea have with Felix. Send martial the other way.

Dont want to buy him out right though.

CM

Exactly. You'd think Weghorst would have humbled us. On loan with subsidized wages, there's almost no downside. I imagine there'd be some re-jigging of the front line, with either Rashford at striker (which I'm slightly unsure about), Neymar as a false 9, or Neymar as 10, with Bruno dropping deeper (also unsure about). As @Niemans said, it's definitely an interesting option at the very least. Some people just don't like him.
A loan might make it more viable but generally speaking, there are way too many question marks over Neymar. As you point out, there's not an immediately obvious place for him to slot into the team and we don't know how well he'd complement the players we have. He's getting on with a questionable injury record and wouldn't come cheap either.

The Weghorst comparison feels a little disingenuous - we have limited resources so we have to be careful how we use them. If it's a direct choice of signing a less established player in a position we're short in vs signing Neymar, it'd be ridiculous for us to choose the name. Unfortunately that's what we did with Ronaldo the season before last when we were in dire need of some midfielders, we all know how that season turned out.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The most overrated footballer of all time in my opinion.

The amount of people who claim he was the at one point, either the best footballer in the world or the third best (behind Ronaldo or Messi) is incredible. Perfectly sums up the modern day football fan tbh.

To quote Billy Hoyle, "you'd rather look good and lose, than look bad and win".

If we sign him, we won't get top four.
If he wasn't third best, who was? Obviously there were individual seasons where somebody else was better, but overall I'd say he was clearly #3 for a decent while.

I don't like him but he is ridiculously talented and is effective in how he uses that talent. Or at least used to be, I have no idea what he's like these days as (like most people) I have no interest in watching PSG.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Neymar is the opposite of Robben, gets injured in the second half of the season. Robben was ready in his mid-late career when the tough fixtures came.
He'll probably go to USA or something then return to Brazil if he accept a massive paycheck reduction.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
If he wasn't third best, who was? Obviously there were individual seasons where somebody else was better, but overall I'd say he was clearly #3 for a decent while.

I don't like him but he is ridiculously talented and is effective in how he uses that talent. Or at least used to be, I have no idea what he's like these days as (like most people) I have no interest in watching PSG.
Mbappe, KDB, Benzema, Modric, Lewandowski, Salah

red_de_pologne

3 weeks ago Kasper Schmeichel came out saying that he joined Nice FC not because he's a washed up goalkeeper with his dad's body type issues minus his dad's talent but simply because of INEOS. That statement aged badly as NICE fans including the club captain had come out claiming that INEOs are basically clueless. Suddenly this rumour has popped out meant to discredit Jassim. Which is kind of hilarious considering that despite all his weakness Neymar had scored more goals then Nice top scorer (17 vs 10) and is just 1 assist shy then all Nice 3 joint assist men put together. (11 vs 12). That despite playing mostly behind the main striker.

I wouldn't want Neymar anywhere near to United if he's involved in a typical transfers. He's 31, his salary is massive and he's got his share of injuries. However if PSG are keen to offer him on a 2 year loan, maybe paying part of his salary as well then Neymar would be a no brainer especially in a summer plagued with the takeover talks and FFP issues.
Crossed my mind as well, but I think it's just a rumour like many other, to discredit Qataris I'd expect something more blatant, like leaks he plans on being the sporting director himself or he wants to build a team of washed up galacticos, whereas Neymar on loan is hardly revolting.

Giggsy13

Im shocked that the witty redcafe has not utilized and incorporated Neymar’s absences for his sister’s birthday into the thread title…

devilish

Crossed my mind as well, but I think it's just a rumour like many other, to discredit Qataris I'd expect something more blatant, like leaks he plans on being the sporting director himself or he wants to build a team of washed up galacticos, whereas Neymar on loan is hardly revolting.
Where is it stated that he would come on a loan?

Idxomer

A lot of people don't like him yes but he's 31 and had a worse injury record at PSG than Pogba with United. That's the main reason the club shouldn't touch him, I think he has declined quite a bit too.

AaronRedDevil

People forget how good he actually is. Always the biggest threat. Rarely greedy and plays for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.