Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Not every player ends up in transfer mate. They were elite players in their prime. We weren’t that much interested in them and they were also playing for top clubs at that time.
Don't recall for Rivaldo, but we were definitely interested in signing Nedved at some point

city-puma

Maybe ask Casa if he thinks he's that kind of character. I am fully convinced IF it ever happened by some miracle they would have such a great bond from the Brazilian national team
Maybe. I have a Brazilian colleague who showed me an animation during 2018 World Cup. It has cartoon version of Neymar rolling on the ground acting. We had a great laugh! :lol:

Appletonred

Not every player ends up in transfer mate. They were elite players in their prime. We weren’t that much interested in them and they were also playing for top clubs at that time.
Fairly sure Fergie had a bid for Rivaldo turned down back in 2000.

Appletonred

If this happens, it would be a statement signing from the new owners (Qatar), and one which Ten Hag would be obviously comfortable with.

TsuWave

People underrate Neymar, would much rather him than Mount and it's not even a contest.
Agreed. Neymar would transform our attacking options and productivity incredibly.

Only point of contention with him is fitness, but if we could get that sorted or manage it - 20 games out of Neymar and he will produce more than most attacking players in this team/league will over 38 games.

wangyu

Neymar would be one of our top 5 most exiting signings in my lifetime. From the last 35 odd years only Cristiano and Rooney were more exciting, possibly also Veron.

croadyman

Neymar would be one of our top 5 most exiting signings in my lifetime. From the last 35 odd years only Cristiano and Rooney were more exciting, possibly also Veron.
Totally agree but never gonna happen

Red Rash

Rooney, Veron and RVP were hugely exciting. You could also add Di Maria, Falcao, Tevez and Sanchez to the mix even though they didn't work out at all. I think Ronaldo was exciting but not at the same level as the names above when we first signed him. Probably the second time was more exciting for nostalgia purposes.

wangyu

Yes Tevez was exciting as well. With Falcao it was more subdued as he came with injury problems. Di Maria and Sanchez was subdued for me as well as it looked like they didn’t really want to be here in the first place.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
City with their usual tactic of baiting us into big signing? :rolleyes:
The initial report from Lequipe mentions that several PL teams were in contact with Neymar including United. If I'm not mistaken the teams mentioned were United, City and Newcastle.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Neymar at City would be frightening. I don't want them to become even better but part of me would like to see him prove those people wrong who underrate him that severely. If fit (which is a big 'if', mind) he's arguably the best player in the world.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
If we get Arab money and finally build an actual squad. I'd gladly top it off with Neymar. The disrepect he gets borders on utter stupidity. His numbers are still consistent and insane even in an utterly disjointed PSG. I'd galdly love to have him in my team even if it was just for 7 months of full fitness a season. It'd be worth its weight in gold.

If we don't. I hope newcastle get him

GoldanoGraham

Bit of a useless post dont you think? He never played for Manchester United and i have watched him play before. Dont you think ive seen him play for another team? Have you actually watched him play before?

Scroll up a bit or go back some pages and you can see stats that show that Neymar works harder than Rashford for example (https://www.redcafe.net/threads/neymar.410552/page-27#post-30585836). Or even the claim that Neymar works harder than ''hard working'' Sadio Mané. Only lazy thing is your claim that Neymar is a lazy player.

Have you ever watched him play? I seriously dont understand how you can think he cant handle the Premier League. Prime Hazard destroyed defenders and Neymar has always been a better player than Hazard. Neymar is a much better player than someone like Mahrez, a player who is very good but nowhere near Neymar. Look at all the wide players in the league and can you claim that they are better than Neymar? Mitoma and Grealish are praised for their dribbling ability but they arent on Neymar his level. It almost seems like a but can Messi do it on a cold rainy night at Stoke?

You can be against signing Neymar for his injury record or if you think other players would be jealous of his wages and it would cause a problem in the dressing room. Those a valid concerns (although loads of players look up to Neymar and would consider his high wages fair i think) but Neymar not good enough to play in the Premier League? I dont think that will be an issue at all.
Have you not learnt anything over the last few years….?????

Past it Show ponies like Pogba and Ronaldo have shown us the large social media followings equals huge wages and f-all return on the pitch.

Don’t think anyone’s saying Neymar isn’t a generational talent, but he isn’t the player he was at Barca. He doesn’t appear to be hungry anymore, he has nothing to prove anymore and the EPL isn’t the place to wind down your career as it’s more full on than the other leagues. And he gets kicked a lot now and has a suspect injury record - that’s not going to improve

Do you really think he’s gonna be up for the Mancunian climate?

5-6 years ago - maybe - but this is not what we need now. There is a reason PSG can’t offload him.

ROFLUTION

Signing Neymar would be such a Sheik move.

You just know it wont work, but “look fans we bought Neymar! Now we win, right?”

Stadjer

Have you not learnt anything over the last few years….?????

Past it Show ponies like Pogba and Ronaldo have shown us the large social media followings equals huge wages and f-all return on the pitch.

Don’t think anyone’s saying Neymar isn’t a generational talent, but he isn’t the player he was at Barca. He doesn’t appear to be hungry anymore, he has nothing to prove anymore and the EPL isn’t the place to wind down your career as it’s more full on than the other leagues. And he gets kicked a lot now and has a suspect injury record - that’s not going to improve

Do you really think he’s gonna be up for the Mancunian climate?

5-6 years ago - maybe - but this is not what we need now. There is a reason PSG can’t offload him.
No, people in here are saying he isnt a generational talent. People here are just posting false statements about him being lazy on the pitch

Im neutral at the signing of Neymar. Im fairly sure he wouldnt struggle in the league at all, he is just too talented. It would be very enjoyable to watch him make defenders look stupid (and some posters here) while he is wearing a Manchester United shirt. However, his injury record is a big issue. He will get kicked a lot and that could cause a long injury. For me it is between the heart and the mind. I would love to see the player Neymar but i do think injuries are a massive worry. I also liked watching Pogba the player but his injuries were also a big issue. Pogba deciding to not renew his contract was a blessing for Manchester United.

I think the climate isnt that much of a worry. Doesnt he play poker and videogames inside? Im sure Casemiro and Fred can warn him of the weather ahead of time.

Also, Neymar still gets his goals and assists. Our defense has been pretty good this season. When the defense keeps a clean sheet one moment of Neymar magic can win the game. He will add something extra to the fairly weak attack.

Mainoldo

Dear god. The last thing we need.

Stay where you are mate for the good of everyone. You made your bed.

croadyman

Fantastic player but not a number 9,however we certainly wouldn't lack creativity in that forward line. I also don't buy into this bad influence diva BS either that's constantly peddled

Status
Not open for further replies.