Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
His salary is £40m a year. Works out at £3.4m a month or 760k a week.

Anyone who wants him at this club when you factor in the above and his fitness record needs to take up another sport pronto.

I couldn't want him less if I tried.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If the manager feels he can make it work then I’m all for it. Said earlier in this thread, he’s probably the most underrated player in the game, and he’s very highly rated (except in England because he isn’t their style of footballer here).

For me, in addition to any coaching or tactical setup - the best teams often have the added advantage of at least one forward player that teams simply cannot legislate for. You can set up as well as you want and work as hard as you want but if Neymar wants to take a game away from you he can.

Now I also appreciate the concerns. Many are valid. Although some mot so much. For example, Neymar has always been a player with good workrate to me. I haven’t watched as much recently, but at Barcelona, he certainly used to chase down opponents and win the ball.

croadyman

If the manager feels he can make it work then I’m all for it. Said earlier in this thread, he’s probably the most underrated player in the game, and he’s very highly rated (except in England because he isn’t their style of footballer here).

For me, in addition to any coaching or tactical setup - the best teams often have the added advantage of at least one forward player that teams simply cannot legislate for. You can set up as well as you want and work as hard as you want but if Neymar wants to take a game away from you he can.

Now I also appreciate the concerns. Many are valid. Although some mot so much. For example, Neymar has always been a player with good workrate to me. I haven’t watched as much recently, but at Barcelona, he certainly used to chase down opponents and win the ball.
Yeah you can never say he lacks workrate

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

He is currently earning more than twice what our top earners get. He's on 784k a week

It's a total and utter non starter.

DDG earns 350k a week minus 25% for non CL season which this one was so he's on even less. And we are trying to get him down to roughly 200-250k.

Red Rash

One of the best players in the world but only playing around 20 league games a season at PSG. We shouldn't be anywhere near this.

croadyman

He is currently earning more than twice what our top earners get. He's on 784k a week

DDG earns 350k a week minus 25% for non CL season which this one was so he's on even less. And we are trying to get him down to roughly 200-250k.
Yeah this is my biggest concern about him

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
His salary is £40m a year. Works out at £3.4m a month or 760k a week.

Anyone who wants him at this club when you factor in the above and his fitness record needs to take up another sport pronto.

I couldn't want him less if I tried.
This feels a lot like when your drunk friend suggests doing something daft like climbing a tree or setting his head on fire….you know it’s going to be a disaster from the off and you’re fighting against it, but inevitably it ends up going ahead and lo and behold, it’s a complete car crash

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To me the wage isn't an issue because the reality of the matter is that he is galaxies apart from any of our current players when it comes to abilitiy, none of them have a leg to stand on if they pout about not earning as much as Neymar. The issue with him is just that he is injury prone and it's a big issue, he is in a similar situation to Robben and while the risk could be worth it, it's still a big risk.

croadyman

To me the wage isn't an issue because the reality of the matter is that he is galaxies apart from any of our current players when it comes to abilitiy, none of them have a leg to stand on if they pout about not earning as much as Neymar. The issue with him is just that he is injury prone and it's a big issue, he is in a similar situation to Robben and while the risk could be worth it, it's still a big risk.
How is it not an issue when he is on around £780k

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This feels a lot like when your drunk friend suggests doing something daft like climbing a tree or setting his head on fire….you know it’s going to be a disaster from the off and you’re fighting against it, but inevitably it ends up going ahead and lo and behold, it’s a complete car crash
Pretty much.

I don't see anything good about this type of deal unless it's a loan and PSG cover over half of his wages which we know won't happen.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How is it an issue if the club is okay with paying it?
The knock on effect with the team morale will be horrific.

It's a complete and non starter and I can't imagine ETH wants any part of it either.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Pretty much.

I don't see anything good about this type of deal unless it's a loan and PSG cover over half of his wages which we know won't happen.
Fortunately I don’t think we’re drunk enough. We’ve sobered up a bit in recent years and are trying not to pay silly mercenary wages. Would be totally off-plan to smash that for Neymar.

croadyman

It's a complete and non starter and I can't imagine ETH wants any part of it either.
Maybe ask Casa about whether he does that,think you would get a very different answer

JPRouve

Scout

What knock on effect? As far as I know players with wide range of wages coexist in dressing rooms all over Europe without issues linked to wages.

It's the moral of some fans that is affected, not the players.

justboy68

If he comes it will be with ETH's blessing. He could be absolutely mint for us. Some negative Nellies in here.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Maybe ask Casa about whether he does that,think you would get a very different answer
To my knowledge Casemiro is earning roughly what our top earners are making. I'm sure he'd love to have his mate here.

Erik on the other hand might have more than just Casemiro in mind.

Can only imagine what the others are going to demand in their pay if we pay Neymar 780k a week on a loan deal.

It's just utter stupidity which is why it could happen because this club wastes money like no other.

JPRouve

Scout
Because unlike many of you he's actually sensible and knows the knock on effects that such a deal would have.

Stick to FIFA.
You are getting strangely agitated for no reason. :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If he comes it will be with ETH's blessing. He could be absolutely mint for us. Some negative Nellies in here.
He's 31 and injury prone. Don't think he'd be mint in the PL either. Think he'd be decent nothing more but would find it much tougher here.

Not worth the money. Go and find the next Neymar and let's develop them instead.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Obviously, if it REALLY is a non-starter for financial reasons, then it simply won’t happen. Because we would not be able to afford to make it happen.

There are a number of ways that a deal could happen. One could be a loan with PSG subsidised wages, for example. There is no point getting too caught up in the figures at this point as what any deal may look like is very much hypothetical now. For it to happen, we will obviously have to make it work for us. And if we make it work for us, then there’s obviously no problem.

justboy68

He's 31 and injury prone. Don't think he'd be mint in the PL either. Think he'd be decent nothing more but would find it much tougher here.

Not worth the money. Go and find the next Neymar and let's develop them instead.
Injury record is the real concern for sure. I think the other complaints are overblown or largely fabricated.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You are getting strangely agitated for no reason. :lol:
The stupidity on this forum at times just continues to astound me that's why.

Even if Neymar could stay fit and was on a reasonable salary I'd still not see it as a top priority as we need a number 9 more.

It's a vanity signing to appease our fans who have the attention span of a gnat. That's what I mean by FIFA.

JPRouve

Scout

Even if Neymar could stay fit and was on a reasonable salary I'd still not see it as a top priority as we need a number 9 more.

It's a vanity signing to appease our fans who have the attention span of a gnat. That's what I mean by FIFA.
The only stupidity here comes from you. People have shared their view cordially until you decided to act like a proper idiot pretending that your view is somehow the only one that should be had.

justboy68

His wages aren't an overblown complaint. He really is on silly money.
If he does come it will hopefully be on loan or with some kind of beneficial deal with PSG as the rumours were suggesting. Would help to offset it a bit. Not having to pay a transfer fee saves a lot.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

You sound like Pogue’s even angrier little brother. Anti-Pogba, anti-Neymar, anti-stepover, anti-hairdye brigade. Neymar is actually a football player, a good and productive one at that - not a musician or supermodel in a football kit.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The only stupidity here comes from you. People have shared their view cordially until you decided to act like a proper idiot pretending that your view is somehow the only one that should be had.
Your view that taking on a player who is 31, injury prone and earns 3/4 million quid a week is just daft mate. I can't dress it up any other way. Apologies if it hurt your feelings.

redshaw

Can see it happening if Qatar buy us and I'm sure ETH would like the top class help for goals he'd bring during the season. Really it's the oil clubs that can afford the wages. I don't see Ineos/Glazers going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.