nfl 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
So last season Eli proclaimed he was elite. Wins Super Bowl.

This season Flacco said he's elite. Wins Super Bowl.

Next season, maybe Tebow makes the proclamation of eliteness?
Next year, I would prefer it if the term elite was used less in general.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Instead of bitching about the potential PI call, he needs to look at himself and his OC for that play calling once they got in the Red Zone.

5 yards - Kaer/Gore on your side, and he doesn't try to pound it inside ONCE. Too 'smart' for his own good :lol:
I don't even remember the first two downs but the third down call was exceptionally bad.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I see they still give the trophy to the owners first. I hate that, give it to the players or coaches who've done all the hard work.

Also, they're not world champions.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Flacco gonna get a ginormous contract and never come close to this level again :lol:

December_16

I just want to point out the fact that Kaepernick's rise to stardom has been nothing less of spectacular. He'll be one to watch next season.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I just want to point out the fact that Kaepernick's rise to stardom has been nothing less of spectacular. He'll be one to watch next season.
Totally agree. Plus he gets a full training camp to prepare as the starter.

Big question as to who will be the offensive coordinator next year though...

Wittmann45

He is a murderer, or at least an accomplish, he talks to much about his religion, his tears are superficial, and he is an attention-whore, but goddamn am I gonna miss his entrances, and I'm not even a Ravens fan

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
As soon as it was over we left. Have no time for Lewis and all the BS following the game especially as the 9ers blew it.

Andrew~

This game displayed just how crazy Americans are, and Ray Lewis is probably the craziest American of all!

Glad to see the back of him. Good game overall though.

Forevergiggs

Decent game of football that.

I won money on Ravens and that's all I care about. Both these teams can go to hell now.

Ray Lewis...Kaepernick...blah blah blah...

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Well at least Ray Lewis is finally finished.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He may be a scumbag and got away lightly but all the evidence suggested that he didn't leave the car when the actual stabbing occurred. Lucky not to go down for trying to cover it up but not an actual murderer.

Neutral

BTV
backstory: post SB 12 years ago, Lewis and his entourage got into a fight and two people were killed. Blood from the victims was found in his limo and the clothes he wore that night were never found.

Lied to police in his initial statement.

He then made a deal and testified against his friends - in exchange he got 12 months probation(He plead guilty to obstruction of justice) . The two friends were later found not guilty of murder(Lewis was initially charged with murder too)

*Lewis paid major $$$$ to the victims instead of having to face a civil suits.

Skywarden

There's a lot of talk about the plays and calls. Williams shoving the ref was a clear offense and it should have been dealt with.

Play of the game has to be Jones punt return where he got demolished by a Walker thumping him. That was a crucial moment in the game and SF were really on fire. Had he fumbled and Niners recovered I'm positive they would have won. But, he showed some excellent strength and balance keep onto the ball.

manusteve

Very surprised 49ers went for passing on their last drive. Starting from the 7, there's simply not enough space for receivers to either get completely clear or get a split moment free of the coverage before the Ravens' blitzes reached Kaepernick.
I read that the Ravens said they had the rush covered, especially a quarterback draw. But I don't agree. If they were mad for blitzing (which they were), there would be "seams" of space that Kaepernick himself could have run.
Read that Gore was a little bemused about the 4 downs that yielded nada!
I still think 49ers are the better team, but the best team doesn't always win.

ha_rooney

A fantastic game to end a very exciting season.

My Pats highlight of the season was the Pats demolishing the Jets on Turkey Day. The lowlight of the season being Gronk's injury as his loss was huge, particularly in the AFC Championship game.

My overall highlight/feel-good story of the season was Chuck Pagano and the Colts. The way that team battled with a rookie-QB was immense and Pagano's speech was incredibly inspiring.

The low-point of the season was the stupid referees and the shit end to the GB-Seattle game.

The funniest moment of the season was simply the Butt-Fumble. Thank-you Mark Sanchez, you have cemented your NFL legacy with this moment of brilliance:

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I see they still give the trophy to the owners first. I hate that, give it to the players or coaches who've done all the hard work.

Also, they're not world champions.
While I do not like seeing the champions in MLB, NHL,NBA called World Champtions, I am less bothered when it comes to American Football. I think we can let it slide given that the CFL champ would not stand much if any chance against them and where else is American Football played with any kind of quality that might give the Super Bowl champs even a run for their money?

So I think on this one we can let it slide. Times may change though, after all the same arguement could have been used at one time about MLB and the NBA but those games have spread around the world and now there is more than ample arguement that they are played just as well if not better outside the US.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I guess you could compare it to how the FA Cup Final used to be, in terms of prestige and popularity. Almost everyone gets swept up in the game. Not to mention the commercials and the half time show.

It was a great game overall. The 49ers were always gonna come back with their explosive offensive line. The power outage may have helped them regain some momentum. Credit to Baltimore, they racked up the points early, and dug in deep. Their red zone defense has been excellent throughout the playoffs.

Flacco was great, but Boldin and Jones were even better in my opinion, in a game where the running game was below par. That return TD? :drool: Great way for TD Lewis to exit. Kaepernick's inexperience showed at times, but he's gonna be back at this stage at least once.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Right Yanks I am very interested. What is the day of the superbowl actually like in america?

Depends on where you are, how much interest you have in the game etc.

For me yesterday was not unlike many other Sundays. I watched a little football in the morning. Did some work around the house. Then watched the Super Bowl. Fell asleep during the half time show, woke back up for the 2nd half, change the channel during the power outage. Watched the rest of the game, shrugged by shoulders at the outcome, did not watch any of the post game stuff and went to bed.

The Buffalo Bills are the closest NFL team to where I live (only about 70 miles away) and when they were in the Super Bowl the city was a bit nuts. Every bar had big crowds, a lot of people had Super Bowl parties, the news coverage even on the local news was constant. It was all people talked about for two weeks before and weeks afterward.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
most SB parties are held at people's homes so they'll have a bunch of people over to hang out and eat and drink.

the womenfolk tend to watch the commercials more than the game itself (in my experience).

Kids running around, playing, crying. Dogs barking.
Women insanely screaming their heads off & some trying to dance when Beyonce was doing the 1/2 time show.
more insane screaming when one of the louder women won $800 on a square at the end of the 3rd 1/4.
more screaming when another one won $175 at the end of the game.
kids getting attacked by the dogs. conversation about whether a tetanus shot was needed (decided that it was, only if the skin was punctured).

a normal FA cup final day I'd say. ;)

ha_rooney

The Go-Daddy advert was nasty. I didn't understand the Volkswagen ad.

The Toyota ad with Kaley Cuoco was the best imo. The Doritos adverts and the Kia baby ad were decent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.