nfl 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
The best one by far. There's talk in the US about it being racist. FFS!
Only thing I have heard so far around where I live (at work and on the radio talk shows) is how dumb it was. Well a few people think it was ok, but nothing great.

but there is always someone who over-reacts or who expressing "outrage" just to wind others up or who "ask teh question" just to try to get viewers/readers/listeners.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
This is one part of the Super Bowl I have never got.

Then again, I record everything on my Sky box partly so I can fast forward through the adverts.

kikks

So I've decided to be a Cardinals fan. Views?
Well, it's going to be interesting to see what Bruce Arians can accomplish with that squad. He was Coach of the Year in 2012 for the Colts. They have one of the games best receivers in Fitz and a very good cornerback in Patrick Peterson, but their quarterback situation this season was a mess.

Arians is known to get the best out of his quarterbacks though, but it remains to be seen what he can get out of Lindley, Kolb and Skelton.

JustAFan

Is it time for Tim Tebow just to say "I will make the switch to running back" in order to save his NFL career? I am not sure who will want him as a QB, not even a back up at this point, though NFL teams have a way of surprising us sometimes. Even if officially signed as a 2nd or 3rd string QB, I would have to think it would be a strong probability that he will have to agree to line up at RB quite a bit to get a spot on the roster, let alone any playing time.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What about as a Full-back?

If he's going to be a QB then I think Jacksonville is his only hope, but it appears they don't want him either.

JustAFan

What about as a Full-back?

If he's going to be a QB then I think Jacksonville is his only hope, but it appears they don't want him either.

Sort of a utility guy, RB/FB/HB type deal with the ability to throw the ball on occasion with a trick play. Special teams might have to be a stop for him also, if he wants to prolong his career.

Other option of course could be the CFL.

roseguy64

The best one by far. There's talk in the US about it being racist. FFS!
Only thing I have heard so far around where I live (at work and on the radio talk shows) is how dumb it was. Well a few people think it was ok, but nothing great.

but there is always someone who over-reacts or who expressing "outrage" just to wind others up or who "ask teh question" just to try to get viewers/readers/listeners.
Funny thing is most people I've talked to here who've seen it seem to love it.

Skywarden

Well, it's going to be interesting to see what Bruce Arians can accomplish with that squad. He was Coach of the Year in 2012 for the Colts. They have one of the games best receivers in Fitz and a very good cornerback in Patrick Peterson, but their quarterback situation this season was a mess.

Arians is known to get the best out of his quarterbacks though, but it remains to be seen what he can get out of Lindley, Kolb and Skelton.
Perhaps they should pick Alex Smith up?

Phil

I've been to Arizona a shitload of times. It's warm, I like it.

The Cardinals are the only franchise that Lions fans feel sorry for. Sometimes.
Sounds promising then.

This actually sounds promising! Positivity. Could you make a comparison to how that'd be in football football terms?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Is it time for Tim Tebow just to say "I will make the switch to running back" in order to save his NFL career? I am not sure who will want him as a QB, not even a back up at this point, though NFL teams have a way of surprising us sometimes. Even if officially signed as a 2nd or 3rd string QB, I would have to think it would be a strong probability that he will have to agree to line up at RB quite a bit to get a spot on the roster, let alone any playing time.
Why RB? I think he will make a better Tight End with his size and speed. He could be another Gronk.

kikks

I've been to Arizona a shitload of times. It's warm, I like it.

Sounds promising then.

This actually sounds promising! Positivity. Could you make a comparison to how that'd be in football football terms?
Well I'm not quite sure what you mean by football terms, but in terms of needs, I think they definitely need to protect their quarterback better, whoever it is. Kevin Kolb isn't a bad quarterback, but he's not the type of talent that will carry a team. If the rest of the team functions well, you can win with him. I think the Cards need a good left tackle and better coaching on the offensive line.

Arians will bring an offensive game plan which will feature more shot downfield. This will suit Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd. One NFL.com analyst wrote an article yesterday that he thinks the Cardinals will make the playoffs next year. But someone always makes claims like that in the off-season for one team or another.

Heffo

Has there ever been a Redcafe Mock Draft? If not would there be any sort of an interest in doing one?

College football doesn't seem to have a big following here but maybe there are people who follow the draft?

muller

Harvin looking to be traded by the Vikings... Think he'd be ideal at the Pats.

kikks

Harvin looking to be traded by the Vikings... Think he'd be ideal at the Pats.
Hands off, motherfeckers!

He's a great football player. Unfortunately he's a bit volatile off the pitch. He will thrive on the field anywhere he goes, and maybe Belichick is the guy to set him straight. But I sincerely hope the Vikes hold on to him, as we really have no-one else that can do what he does.

ha_rooney

@SportsCenter: BREAKING - Tom Brady agrees to 3-year, $27M extension w/ Patriots, taking less money to give team cap relief (via @SI_PeterKing).
Brilliant from Brady, obviously rings matter more than the money to him at this point of his career. Although it does help when the wife makes more money than you do.

Edit:
@ESPN_Numbers: Brady signs 3-yr, $27M extension w/ NE. One year ago, Mark Sanchez received a three-year, $40M extension from the #Jets
:lol:

ha_rooney

Flacco and Ravens have agreed a deal for a new contract. He'll apparently become the highest paid QB in NFL history.

He's proven to be a solid QB but no way he should be earning more than Brady, Peyton, Brees or Rodgers IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.