Nfl 2011-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Surpised by Haynesworth going to the Pats. Didn't have the best of times at Washington but Belichick should get the best out of him.

I've read a few rumours about Peyton wanting to leave Indy, any truth in that?

Neutral

BTV
Surpised by Haynesworth going to the Pats. Didn't have the best of times at Washington but Belichick should get the best out of him.

I've read a few rumours about Peyton wanting to leave Indy, any truth in that?
Zilch. Absolutely no chance in hell of that happening.

Reggie Bush to Dolphins done. - that means, he's taken a pretty significant pay cut.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Thank god the season has began, if I would have read another top 100 list or best this, best that list I would have been tempted to poke my eye out with a rusty screwdriver. Credit to Robert Kraft for the role he played in closing the deal despite the more important things he had going on in his life.

I find myself refreshing Adam Schefter’s twitter page every five minutes.

Best info man in the business.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Skins so far

Donte Stallworth - if he is fit, and knuckles down, it could work.
Jabar Gaffney - again veteran guy, had a good season last year, hopefully will contribute
Don’t know what to expect from Stallworth with the issues he has had but Gaffney is a good professional. Dependable, decent hands and a good route runner who will be where he is supposed to be. Who is going to be throwing to him though, John Beck?!

Neutral

BTV
Don’t know what to expect from Stallworth with the issues he has had but Gaffney is a good professional. Dependable, decent hands and a good route runner who will be where he is supposed to be. Who is going to be throwing to him though, John Beck?!

Hoping his legal stuff + injury has given him some perspective...something to prove, and he'll work hard this season.

And yup, it'll be Beck starting behind center, unless he completely messes things up.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I’m not going to be a fraud when it comes to Haynesworth just because he may be a Patriot. The guys a slouch and his attitude at times last year, especially with the conditioning tests was pathetic. He claimed he did not want to play 3-4 nose and whether he plays there or end its still two gap principles for the Pats which is what he seemed to be against. Initially, I see him being put in a position to succeed as an inside pass rushing presence in sub packages, which the Pats are in a lot. Anything else will have to be earned. I’m much more excited to see whether Ty Warren can get back to his best at LE, regardless of the cap casualty rumours.

championo

Top Stalker

Looks like they got Ochocinco as well, So Mira is gone and all the slouches are coming to play in town now?

ha_rooney

Ochocinco's a fantastic character, some of the things he has done during the lock-out and previous years provide great entertainment. Acquiring him should give Brady a deep pass option we've lacked since Moss left, looking forward to the new season.

sidsutton

Those are the kind of high risk/reward moves the Pats have to make the most of Brady's time left at the top. Ochocinco I think will be fine, not as good as Moss but better than what we had. haynesworth is really intriguing and i think Darth Belichick will get him motivated. Probably by hypnotising him into seeing the QB as a hamburger.

I'm more stoked for he new season than Brandon Stokely reading Bram Stoker's Dracula in Stoke.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
There is a Patriot overload in this thread. More followers of other teams needed.

Why was Alex banned?

Donkey's Ears

If the Jets get Nnamdi I'll be sick. And if the Niners get him I'll be amazed.

I like the Kolb trade for the Eagles. But they still need some better linebackers.

gormless

Eagles now have the best CB duo in the NFL. Nnamdi and Samuel is quality. Glad the jets didn't get him. Would have put them over the top I think. Would allowed Rex Ryan to throw in even more blitz packages.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
That is, of course, unless they trade Samuel. They didn't bring in Rogers Cromartie for no reason.

But that's a hell of a CB corps if not.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
That big Sheldon Brown sized hole that was there all last season just got more than filled for us. Still think we need some linebackers though. We'll see how that goes.

Vince Young and Michael Vick to line-up in some weird Wild Cat formation at some point, should be fun.

Chapster

love what the eagles have done so far with DRC and Asomugha. Hopefully they throw D-Jax some money and end this hold-out bs.The kolb trade was daylight robbery for me, a quality CB and a 2nd rounder... for an essentially unprove QB...

Sad to see Leonard Weaver get released and it sounds like it's the end of his career.

The move I don't understand is Haynesworth. As said above, he doesn't suit a 3-4 so I can't understand the rationale. Have the Pats re-signed mankins yet?

edit: Also need to see the eagle sign a solid RT with Justice on PUP... even if he was healthy I think we'd need another more solid RT protecting Vick's blindside

gormless

love what the eagles have done so far with DRC and Asomugha. Hopefully they throw D-Jax some money and end this hold-out bs.The kolb trade was daylight robbery for me, a quality CB and a 2nd rounder... for an essentially unprove QB...

Sad to see Leonard Weaver get released and it sounds like it's the end of his career.

The move I don't understand is Haynesworth. As said above, he doesn't suit a 3-4 so I can't understand the rationale. Have the Pats re-signed mankins yet?

edit: Also need to see the eagle sign a solid RT with Justice on PUP... even if he was healthy I think we'd need another more solid RT protecting Vick's blindside
They cut Ty Warren who then announced that the pats were going for a "different direction" on defence, so they may be changing to a 4-3. No idea if they actually will be though

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
As I said above there were rumours that Ty was going to be cut but I was hoping they would find a way to re-structure and see if he could get back to full strength. Judging by his comments yesterday it seemed the relationship simply soured. As for the 4-3 thing, I’m sceptical but will wait and see. Every pre-season during camp and games they line up in four man fronts and rumours start that they may be changing... then they open up the regular season in the same base 3-4. It's a very multiple defense anyway.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Watching the Eagles this year should be interesting. As Cement said maybe they are trying to move away from the zone/off coverage Samuel is best at and he is up for grabs. DRC and Asomugha would be better fits for an aggressive bump and run style, surely? I think they should give it a go with all three though.

gbgary

Watching the Eagles this year should be interesting. As Cement said maybe they are trying to move away from the zone/off coverage Samuel is best at and he is up for grabs. DRC and Asomugha would be better fits for an aggressive bump and run style, surely? I think they should give it a go with all three though.
a strong team made stronger. the 'boys and giants don't have a chance.

Donkey's Ears

Why will the Cowboys improve from third to first when they've made less improvements in free agency and haven't addressed serious weaknesses?

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
According to Adam Schefter, the Cardinals have signed no fewer than 51 players since Wednesday.

Crazy.

ha_rooney

Great player Moss, was a joy watching him play with Brady in 2007.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Just heard about Sean Taylor. Now I don't follow the NFL or even really know who he is but what an absolute tragedy.

Shocking stuff. I hope they've caught whoever was responsible.

Mighty Boosh

I've a feeling Julio Jones is going to be terrific for the Falcons this season and that this could be their year. The offence is looking very nice with Ryan, Jones, White, Gonzalez and Turner.

On a side note anyone know of any sites that sell cheap NFL jerseys?

Chapster

Eagles pick up ronnie brown and ryan harris today

if Harris stays healthy, seems like we have bookend tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.