NFL 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutral

BTV
RGIII to visit the Jets - don't like it at all.

He'll be going as a backup...but, I wanted him to be in a good team environment and away from Big Media.

Todd Bowles is a cool cat, and he doesn't tolerate bullshit...still.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Decent move by the Broncos. They will need another since they just lost their 1 and 2 starters. Kaepernick would be ideal but he may be off to Cleveland.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
oh why not....

Never fails to put a smile on my face.

Whenever I feel down I just need to watch this or the Malcolm Butler Superbowl interception and I immediately cheer up.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm surprised by the lack of rumours around Greg Hardy, despite his character issues he is a pretty good player.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I've never followed NFL but love the game and have decided this coming season I'm going to get stuck in.

I'm probably going to have to adopt a team and I'd be interested to know who do folk here follow and why? Might help me decide who I'm pledging allegiance to!

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I've never followed NFL but love the game and have decided this coming season I'm going to get stuck in.

I'm probably going to have to adopt a team and I'd be interested to know who do folk here follow and why? Might help me decide who I'm pledging allegiance to!
Broncos - RadoN, Organic Potatoes
Patriots - Earthquake, De Selby, ha_rooney, Anderson's Cat, isparky, rpitroda, gormless, Kazi, Armchair Critic, a bunch of other bandwagon twats probably
Seahawks - Phil, ~Andrew
Packers - Sylar, Edgar Allen Pillow
Vikings - JPRouve
Lions - Eboue, Joemo, Wittman45
Steelers - JP77
Racists - Neutral
Eagles - Stobzilla, Ayushreddevil
Giants - Adexkola, RDCR07, Fishfingers
Bills - JustAFan
Cowboys - MrMarcello
Texans - RobinLFC, Wednesday At Stoke
49ers - Swooshboy, Rolandofgilead

What are you looking for in a team? Big or small market? Warm or cold weather? Recent success or down on their luck? Prefer running or passing? Offense or defense?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Patriots - Earthquake, De Selby, ha_rooney, Anderson's Cat, isparky, rpitroda, gormless, Kazi, Armchair Critic, a bunch of other bandwagon twats probably
Seahawks - Phil, ~Andrew
Vikings - JPRouve
Steelers - JP77
Racists - Neutral
Bills - JustAFan
Cowboys - MrMarcello

What are you looking for in a team? Big or small market? Warm or cold weather? Recent success or down on their luck? Prefer running or passing? Offense or defense?
I don't support the Pats, I've never had a team in my 5-6 years of watching. I find it perfectly enjoyable just to watch a sport with no emotional investment in a particular team.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Seahawks - Phil, ~Andrew
Vikings - JPRouve
Steelers - JP77
Racists - Neutral
Bills - JustAFan
Cowboys - MrMarcello

Small market ( I think - not sure if I get what you mean), cold weather, down on their luck but light at the end of the tunnel, passing, offense.

That's my order whose shirt am I buying?

JTW95

Gullible sausage

I think you should give the Jacksonville Jaguars your support.

Been shit in recent years but are starting to build a solid team with a great young QB in Blake Bortles.

Pats have always been my team but the Jaguars were the first NFL team I ever saw live back in 2013 when they came to Wembley. Ever since then I have always supported them as a 'second team'. (And watched them at Wembley every year since).

Edit: Don't quite fit your cold weather demand though!

JPRouve

Scout
Small market ( I think - not sure if I get what you mean), cold weather, down on their luck but light at the end of the tunnel, passing, offense.

That's my order whose shirt am I buying?
You were close to the Vikings. Are you sure about Passing and Offense?;)

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Small Market (not a huge city like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago or Dallas)

Buffalo
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Kansas City
Minnesota
Detroit
Green Bay
Carolina
Tampa
Arizona
Seattle

Narrowing that down to cold weather

Buffalo
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Kansas City
Minnesota
Detroit
Green Bay
Seattle

Narrowing that down to "down on their luck but light at the end of the tunnel"

Buffalo
Cincinnati
Kansas City
Minnesota
Detroit

Narrowing that down to passing offense

Cincinnati
Minnesota
Detroit

JPRouve

Scout
You are sure about the passing offense for the Vikings? Or the light for Lions?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I think Cincinnati would be a fun team to support.

I wouldn't be able to enjoy the Lions without Megatron.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Thanks for all the input guys. This is a tough and irreversible decision that I am basing partly on the info you've given me and, like a girl, the colour of the shirts. Shameful really but true :D

It looks like I'm a Detroit man. No Superbowl appearance yet - ideal :cool:

Joemo

whistling in the wind
@Barca84 Good choice. I've followed them closely for the last two years and it's been great, plenty of ups and down, controversies, players stocks on the rise, retirements - the whole package. It'd be boring to follow a team that just wins.

@Eboue Isn't @Orc a Lions fan?

JPRouve

Scout
This is possibly the best era of Lions football since the early 90s and the second best since the 50s.
I can see that, I like your roster but I'm not convinced by Caldwell and I'm curious to see Stafford without Calvin Johnson.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Now I just need to work out what the feck is going on. I have until September right? :nervous:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Seahawks - Phil, ~Andrew
Vikings - JPRouve
Steelers - JP77
Racists - Neutral
Bills - JustAFan
Cowboys - MrMarcello

@RDCR07 is a Broncos fan

Bills have just a fan lol

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
@Barca84

Welcome :)

@Eboue might call me a bandwagon fan but whatever haha. I started following the NFL maybe 3-4 years ago, and the only team I'd really heard about was the Pats. And the only player I knew anything about was Brady. That coupled with buying Madden and picking the Pats as the team I played with is why I follow them (kinda lame but there you go!).

It's a brilliant sport to follow in my opinion and one not many people give a chance. But I've always loved the tactical side of sport and once you really understand it the tactical side is huge and incredibly interesting. It's takes a bit of time to learn (not what people do, that's easy; it's why they do what they do is where it gets real interesting) but once you get it you'll appreciate it. And there's so many things I love about it. The fact that a team can go from nothing to something in one year because of how the sport is set up from drafting to salary cap.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I can see that, I like your roster but I'm not convinced by Caldwell and I'm curious to see Stafford without Calvin Johnson.
Lions have been pretty poor for a very long time so their overall improvement in recent years and making the playoffs last year and actually doing well pretty much catapults the era upwards.

Lions have a pretty good roster and I don't think last year is a good base to predict this year. They're a lot better. Whitehead, Levy, Slay, Ansah is a good base on D. And on offence they've got Tate (will be interesting how he fairs as most probably the no. 1 wideout) and probably one of the best young and upcoming tight ends in Ebron. Abdullah and Riddick should form a good backfield tandem although a power back would help.

It's really down to how Caldwell can coach this team but it's certainly not a weak roster. There's a lot of doubt in Stafford for some reason but he's got it in him I think to take a team far.

JPRouve

Scout
Lions have been pretty poor for a very long time so their overall improvement in recent years and making the playoffs last year and actually doing well pretty much catapults the era upwards.

Lions have a pretty good roster and I don't think last year is a good base to predict this year. They're a lot better. Whitehead, Levy, Slay, Ansah is a good base on D. And on offence they've got Tate (will be interesting how he fairs as most probably the no. 1 wideout) and probably one of the best young and upcoming tight ends in Ebron. Abdullah and Riddick should form a good backfield tandem although a power back would help.

It's really down to how Caldwell can coach this team but it's certainly not a weak roster. There's a lot of doubt in Stafford for some reason but he's got it in him I think to take a team far.
Mate, I said that I like their roster. :lol:

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Don't know why all Pats fans are labelled bandwagoners. I started watching the NFL in 2006 and until that Butler interception, all I had known as a Pats fan were the heartbreaking defeats to the Giants.

A better bandwagon would've been the ones heading off to Pittsburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.