NFL 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutral

BTV
Don't know why all Pats fans are labelled bandwagoners. I started watching the NFL in 2006 and until that Butler interception, all I had known as a Pats fan were the heartbreaking defeats to the Giants.

A better bandwagon would've been the ones heading off to Pittsburg.
Historically speaking...Pats were the laughing stock of the NFL, and some of us cant wait for them to return to their rightful place lol

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don't know why all Pats fans are labelled bandwagoners. I started watching the NFL in 2006 and until that Butler interception, all I had known as a Pats fan were the heartbreaking defeats to the Giants.

Talking about the Steelers, according to Rapoport Bryant violated the league's substance abuse policy and faces a year long suspension.

Neutral

BTV
Talking about the Steelers, according to Rapoport Bryant violated the league's substance abuse policy and faces a year long suspension.
Yup, another player trying his best to waste his talent.

One year suspension, you know what that means, right?

Repeat offender!

:(

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

They've been the class of the league for 15 years. That's not all you knew either. You knew division titles and playoff victories and super bowl appearances.

The lions haven't won a division title since 93, have won 1 playoff game since 57 and have never even made it to a super bowl.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Broncos - RadoN, Organic Potatoes
Patriots - Earthquake, De Selby, ha_rooney, Anderson's Cat, isparky, rpitroda, gormless, Kazi, Armchair Critic, a bunch of other bandwagon twats probably
Seahawks - Phil, ~Andrew
Packers - Sylar, Edgar Allen Pillow
Vikings - JPRouve
Lions - Eboue, Joemo, Wittman45
Steelers - JP77
Racists - Neutral
Eagles - Stobzilla, Ayushreddevil
Giants - Adexkola, RDCR07, Fishfingers
Bills - JustAFan
Cowboys - MrMarcello
Texans - RobinLFC, Wednesday At Stoke
49ers - Swooshboy, Rolandofgilead

What are you looking for in a team? Big or small market? Warm or cold weather? Recent success or down on their luck? Prefer running or passing? Offense or defense?
I am not a fücking bills fan, I am just stuck living in their sphere of influence. Well not really stuck but you know what I mean. Go Phins you untalented bunch of pansies

Phil

Detroit, you poor man. Good call going with an Eastish team, that 8 hour time difference is a bitch. And I can't be arsed flying to Seattle.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
They've been the class of the league for 15 years. That's not all you knew either. You knew division titles and playoff victories and super bowl appearances.

The lions haven't won a division title since 93, have won 1 playoff game since 57 and have never even made it to a super bowl.
Up until I moved to the UK I hadn't watch a single NFL game before. Only team I knew about were the niners only because my mate brought some Joe Montana stickers to school when we were kids.

The 1st game I ever watched was the NE v Giants in 07. Even that I fell asleep after 1st quarter. Frankly thought it was boring. I chose to support NE that game simply because they had England in their name. I just liked the team (cool logo and all) but I wasn't really a "proper" fan until I watched them lose to Giants again and it was a similar feeling when Utd lost a game.

I wasn't aware of playoff records as the only games I could ever watch on TV was the superbowl. I only just started paying attention to post season games like 2 years ago. I'm just saying the better bandwagon would've been the Steelers or Giants.

JPRouve

Scout
Yup, another player trying his best to waste his talent.

One year suspension, you know what that means, right?

Repeat offender!

:(
Yeah, I read about the protocol a the three stages, he is apparently victim of depression.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Up until I moved to the UK I hadn't watch a single NFL game before. Only team I knew about were the niners only because my mate brought some Joe Montana stickers to school when we were kids.

The 1st game I ever watched was the NE v Giants in 07. Even that I fell asleep after 1st quarter. Frankly thought it was boring. I chose to support NE that game simply because they had England in their name. I just liked the team (cool logo and all) but I wasn't really a "proper" fan until I watched them lose to Giants again and it was a similar feeling when Utd lost a game.

I wasn't aware of playoff records as the only games I could ever watch on TV was the superbowl. I only just started paying attention to post season games like 2 years ago. I'm just saying the better bandwagon would've been the Steelers or Giants.
Don't get me wrong, you should support whoever you want to support. You're just not going to convince me it has been tough to be a Patriots fan.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Don't get me wrong, you should support whoever you want to support. You're just not going to convince me it has been tough to be a Patriots fan.
It hasn't, you're right. But you aren't going to convince me that that fact alone makes me a bandwagon fan either.

JPRouve

Scout
Are the Texans' fans notorious idiots or I stumbled on a bad comment section?

Neutral

BTV
BJ Raji taking a sabbatical at 29. Decent player, never quite reached the heights expected of him.

Either way, Packers weren't ready for this...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Are the Texans' fans notorious idiots or I stumbled on a bad comment section?
How do you mean?

From what I read in the nfl.com comments sections, it's mostly Pats vs Seahawks fans or deluded 'Boys fans on there.

JPRouve

Scout
How do you mean?

From what I read in the nfl.com comments sections, it's mostly Pats vs Seahawks fans or deluded 'Boys fans on there.
I was reading an article on SBNation(Battleredblog) and I stumbled on a comment section and while idiots is a strong word, the smugness is unreal, it's like Bluemoon.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I was reading an article on SBNation(Battleredblog) and I stumbled on a comment section and while idiots is a strong word, the smugness is unreal, it's like Bluemoon.
Typical after a few potentially good but certainly promising signing. Haven't come across any Texans fans myself but I hope it's the exception rather than the norm!

JPRouve

Scout
Typical after a few potentially good but certainly promising signing. Haven't come across any Texans fans myself but I hope it's the exception rather than the norm!
I probably overreacted.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
It hasn't, you're right. But you aren't going to convince me that that fact alone makes me a bandwagon fan either.
Look at @Edgar Allan Pillow, living in Jersey about 3 miles from Metlife Stadium and supporting a team that's mainly made of cheese. Very definition of a bandwagon fan.

@adexkola, we should really have EAP pay for beer next time we meet.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Look at @Edgar Allan Pillow, living in Jersey about 3 miles from Metlife Stadium and supporting a team that's mainly made of cheese. Very definition of a bandwagon fan.

The feck, where is the bandwagon? I missed it.

And my choice for Packers is scientifically backed. I took 4 different internet quiz and 3 of them recommended me for GB. You can't get more scientific than that unless you are born into it. :angel: And Fergie's respect for Lombardi tips the balance.

Yup, been quite long since we had a meet @adexkola @RDCR07 time you'll be free?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

It's getting warm too. Any afternoon in April should work.

gormless

Chandler Jones traded by Pats to Cards for 2nd round pick and Jonathan Cooper. Were always gonna struggle to retain him but still sad to see him go. Was part of the draft which signaled the turn around on Defence

JPRouve

Scout
Wallace signed for the Ravens, 2 years 11.5m.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We better be getting new contracts to Hightower, Collins & Butler.

How good is Cooper? Is he an upgrade on what we currently have?

JPRouve

Scout
We better be getting new contracts to Hightower, Collins & Butler.

How good is Cooper? Is he an upgrade on what we currently have?
He doesn't seem to be highly rated but Belichick knows better, so...

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The feck, where is the bandwagon? I missed it.

And my choice for Packers is scientifically backed. I took 4 different internet quiz and 3 of them recommended me for GB. You can't get more scientific than that unless you are born into it. :angel: And Fergie's respect for Lombardi tips the balance.

Yup, been quite long since we had a meet @adexkola @RDCR07 time you'll be free?
Two Thursdays from now for lunch?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Jones will be a big miss. Hopefully Cooper has the thing that only Belichick can see. We should make use though of that 2nd rounder if recent drafts are to go by.

We are pinning hopes on Collins and Hightower.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Mike Wallace throwing a cheap shot at Bridgewater:

"When this process started, I knew that I wasn't going back to Minnesota," Wallace said, per The Baltimore Sun. "I was like, 'I need a quarterback' who I know is proven and can get things done."
Seems pretty unnecessary. He had less than 500 receiving yards last season, admittedly in a run-heavy offense but still. I doubt he'll do much better in Baltimore next year.

JPRouve

Scout

Seems pretty unnecessary. He had less than 500 receiving yards last season, admittedly in a run-heavy offense but still. I doubt he'll do much better in Baltimore next year.
Diggs had more yards in less games, Diggs had 1.1 yards per snaps while Wallace had 0.63 yards per snaps.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Bennett's a good pick-up, I expect he and Gronk will be very effective together especially in the RedZone. We still need another option at WR & another RB.

Chris Long also signed. Seems to be a low risk high reward pick-up. The experts seem to like that move.

Patriots fan takeover in 3,2,1..
:lol:

Last edited:

JP77

Slates a QB and then joins Flacco :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So two personal fouls could be automatic ejection.

Thoughts? Aside from Talib being in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.