NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Should just ride off into the sunset after that but knowing him he'll stick around until he's friggin' 50.
Brees' retirement means he will probably stick around for another year to catch him on all time yards and completions (the latter may take two years to catch up). I would imagine retiring #1 in yards, TDs, completions etc to compliment the rings will be on his mind.

slyadams

I think understandably the focus for now will be on the calls and no calls.

But in my view, not calling a time out in the first half after the first down conversion was just silly.

Then kicking that FG at the end was silly.

I also think (and watch how I get lambasted) that Rodgers doesn’t do anything wrong specifically but at some point one needs to reflect on the fact that he has now lost 4 championship games in a row. Clearly, none of those have been his fault at least entirely but there’s been plenty of players who despite weaknesses across their team have managed to get their teams to the SB and win.At some point it has to be recognised that whilst he is clearly an unbelievably talented QB without doubt one of the best to ever play, he lacks something which drives even imperfect teams to do the extraordinary.
Is there an argument to say he is too safe? Which leads to great numbers, but poor results?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This should be another good game. Bills D should cause Mahomes trouble, especially if he’s not 100%.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Hear me out, but I actually think Rodgers blew that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
A potential different pitching decision, Tampa could have been playing to hold all three major trophies they could at once. There’s probably a city out there that has done such, but none immediately spring to mind. Could potentially be a record that a city plays in three straight championships, but probably not.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Is there an argument to say he is too safe? Which leads to great numbers, but poor results?
Poor results? He's won a superbowl and played in countless championship games. At that stage you need a team performance to win. He's never had that, and sure he's played his part in that. But Brady has routinely played like dog in championship games and still wins. The best teams don't rely on their QB's the whole damn way. Packers should have been running the ball.

Affirmation

That's an amazing achievement for Brady, to reach another Superbowl at 43 while also being in his first year with a new team who hasn't been to one since 2003 and is the first team to play in it at their own stadium.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Let's try to understand the thinking there . So in the best case scenario with a 3 and out you are looking at getting the ball back at your own. 20-25 with 1:40ish left ( 0 time-outs) and still needing a touchdown . One first down from TB basically kills the game . There is no logical explanation to this

When Green Bay got the ball with 4+ minutes left I was thinking that surely they will be 4 down all the way now , towards the end of the drive I was thinking of how if they score before 2 minutes then they might get a chance to win it at the end with a stop . Not in my wildest dreams did I imagine them taking the 2 minutes to get to the 8 and then kick a fg .

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Bills will need to be able to run with their running backs if they really hope to win this game. Can’t rely just on Allen’s arm and legs

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Bills going for it... this is how you win big games as Romo said.

Status
Not open for further replies.