NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy

Well, pro athletes aren't always the brightest.

Jokes aside, I'd imagine would be much easier for family reasons to actually live in Vegas and work there, in her mind (and possibly his).
I don't think he is one of those types of dudes tbh. I'd love for him to leave but don't see it happening.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Guessing he wants a team with an offense minded HC who'd build around him, basically the opposite of what he has in Seattle.
The Bears make no sense then because their HC isn't good when it comes to offense even if he is supposed to be offense minded, they have next to no talent on offense and their current top 5 earners are defensive players.

Hephaestus

The Bears make no sense then because their HC isn't good when it comes to offense even if he is supposed to be offense minded, they have next to no talent on offense and their current top 5 earners are defensive players.
Yeah, I don't rate Nagy either, just trying to guess why those teams.

sport2793

From the Athletic article: “It’s a great story,” a coach from another team said. “There is a lot there — money, greed, power and control.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sport2793

More great quotes from the article:
During a 17-12 loss to the Colt McCoy-led Giants in early December, a game in which the offense scored only 10 points, Wilson dropped back and set up in a clean pocket. He held the ball longer than four seconds and had plenty of space around him, only to take a sack, a play indicative of Wilson’s struggles down the stretch.

“What the feck is wrong with Russell Wilson?” a veteran coach who watched the game said at the time. “He is seeing ghosts. They act like they are not protecting him, but he kills the protection. There are times they got a clean pocket, he runs up in there, he just panics. He is not playing very good at all.”

“People say their protection is not that good,” the coach went on. “That whole ‘Let Russ Cook’ thing, he is better when they can run the ball and they play off that, there is no question. No one likes that because they want him to be Dan Marino. Well, he is not Dan Marino. You are who you are. But he looks bad right now.”

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The group of teams make little sense from a combination of attractive offense and a celebrity wife. Or even their ability to trade for him. Schefty is getting fed a line and/or putting those together from different sources.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not a huge surprise, but we are freeing up space. Could resign Von at this point, if only just to trade him...
I’m pretty much resigned to Von being gone at this point.

At that point I become worried about Lindsay, as the Broncos jerseys I own are:

Manning - retired
Sanders - traded
Miller - likely cut/trader
Lindsay - RFA

I might be a curse.

sport2793

Well, he did drop his wife to bang/marry a pop star diva after becoming uber famous, so....
I don't think this is anywhere close to being correct, his first wife supposedly had an affair with one of Wilson's teammates IIRC.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Only just the RB who's just had a stellar second season, a top 5 / top 10 WR (if they resign him) and a very promising TE then? Pared with that defense, Wilson would make them an instant SB contender.

JPRouve

Scout
Only just the RB who's just had a stellar second season, a top 5 WR (if they resign him) and a very promising TE then? Pared with that defense, Wilson would make them an instant SB contender.
You are not SB contender with a not stellar RB, at 4.3 yards per attempt you are solid but unimpressive, the O line is subpar and a promising TE is nothing until he has actually done something. They have Robinson and that's it. Also the Bears don't have money, in order to fit Wilson they would have to get rid of the players that make them good on defense and they wouldn't have the money to bring back Robinson too unless they get rid of a bunch of them.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You are not SB contender with a not stellar RB, at 4.3 yards per attempt you are solid but unimpressive, the O line is subpar and a promising TE is nothing until he has actually done something. They have Robinson and that's it. Also the Bears don't have money, in order to fit Wilson they would have to get rid of the players that make them good on defense and they wouldn't have the money to bring back Robinson too unless they get rid of a bunch of them.
Just don't know why you were shitting on their offense while e.g. the Raiders have a way worse offense and is also a potential trade destination. The Bears offense is nothing special but "next to no talent on offense" is just not true either.

JPRouve

Scout
Just don't know why you were shitting on their offense while e.g. the Raiders have a way worse offense and is also a potential trade destination. The Bears offense is nothing special but "next to no talent on offense" is just not true either.
I talked about the team I'm familiar with and 3 players a solid RB, a promissing TE and the other an UFA is next to no talent. And definitely not a SB contender.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I talked about the team I'm familiar with and 3 players a solid RB, a promissing TE and the other an UFA is next to no talent. And definitely not a SB contender.
Their defense shits on the Packers D. Montgomery/Robinson/Kmet is not much worse than Jones/Adams/Tonyan. The Packers went to the Conference championship last year.

Wilson would make them a SB contender if they wouldn't have to give up other key pieces. They made the playoffs with Trubisky and Foles.

JPRouve

Scout
Their defense shits on the Packers D. Montgomery/Robinson/Kmet is not much worse than Jones/Adams/Tonyan. The Packers went to the Conference championship last year.

Wilson would make them a SB contender if they wouldn't have to give up other key pieces.
Well I'm not thinking about an hypothetical that makes no sense, the Bears currently are over the cap without Robinson and Wilson. How do they add at least 45m to their payroll without giving up key pieces, which will be on defense? And how do they convince the Seahawks to take a massive cap hit without giving up key pieces and draft capital?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Well I'm not thinking about an hypothetical that makes no sense, the Bears currently are over the cap without Robinson and Wilson. How do they add at least 45m to their payroll without giving up key pieces, which will be on defense? And how do they convince the Seahawks to take a massive cap hit without giving up key pieces and draft capital?
Well where's the fun in that? Can count the Saints and Bears out in that case.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
The Raiders actually had a relatively good offense last season; their main problems were on defense. Good enough OL, good coaching on offense, and some good players at the skill positions in Agholor (Free Agent), Waller, and Jacobs. The Bears OL is not good and Wilson has been unhappy with the Seahawks OL, then you have Robinson as a Free Agent (Who'll only return if they have a QB), maybe a good young WR in Darnell Mooney, and Montgomery who's alright but not properly elite. Add in the fact that Nagy's play-calling has generally been tumescent in Chicago and you have a poor offense all round.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The Raiders actually had a relatively good offense last season; their main problems were on defense. Good enough OL, good coaching on offense, and some good players at the skill positions in Agholor (Free Agent), Waller, and Jacobs. The Bears OL is not good and Wilson has been unhappy with the Seahawks OL, then you have Robinson as a Free Agent (Who'll only return if they have a QB), maybe a good young WR in Darnell Mooney, and Montgomery who's alright but not properly elite. Add in the fact that Nagy's play-calling has generally been tumescent in Chicago and you have a poor offense all round.
Nagy was COTY with a 12-4 record and (from what I remember) a great offense in 2018. The last two seasons were pretty bad but there's something to work with there imo, especially if you give him a HOF caliber QB like Wilson.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Nagy was COTY with a 12-4 record and (from what I remember) a great offense in 2018. The last two seasons were pretty bad but there's something to work with there imo, especially if you give him a HOF caliber QB like Wilson.
I'm going to disagree here because that Bears offense was ok in 2018, whereas the defense was outstanding. And schematically, Nagy has never been impressive. Even allowing for a lack of talent on offense, you would expect someone who was formerly an OC to Andy Reid to be much better at play-calling. Their offense kinda improved down the stretch when they started using a lot more Play-Action under center but other than that, I don't think I've ever seen much from Nagy to suggest he's a good offensive mind.

And on the Coach of the Year thing, I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to such awards. Ryan Grigson won Executive of the Year in 2012 but all the Colts' success that season was mainly down to Andrew Luck, not Grigson. Similarly, the 2018 Bears owed a lot more of their success to Vic Fangio as DC (And possibly Brandon Staley as LB's coach) than it did to Matt Nagy.

JPRouve

Scout
They didn't had a great offense in 2018 they were average, in the 20s in passing and outside of top 10 in rushing yards. They had the number one defense in the league though and created a lot of turnovers.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm going to disagree here because that Bears offense was ok in 2018, whereas the defense was outstanding. And schematically, Nagy has never been impressive. Even allowing for a lack of talent on offense, you would expect someone who was formerly an OC to Andy Reid to be much better at play-calling. Their offense kinda improved down the stretch when they started using a lot more Play-Action under center but other than that, I don't think I've ever seen much from Nagy to suggest he's a good offensive mind.

And on the Coach of the Year thing, I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to such awards. Ryan Grigson won Executive of the Year in 2012 but all the Colts' success that season was mainly down to Andrew Luck, not Grigson. Similarly, the 2018 Bears owed a lot more of their success to Vic Fangio as DC (And possibly Brandon Staley as LB's coach) than it did to Matt Nagy.
Fair enough. I think the play-action is more down to trying to play to Trubisky’s strengths rather dan Nagy being limited on offensive ideas. Not trying to argue he’s an offensive genius or anything like that but I think he’d do well (and at the very least a lot better) with a good QB.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
If there is any possibility of a trade actually happening then surely Jerry Jones is going to give up everything to get him

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If there is any possibility of a trade actually happening then surely Jerry Jones is going to give up everything to get him
I was going to trash this idea, but if Seattle likes Dak it could actually work for both sides. I don’t know if they’d have to give up that #10 pick too, but it wouldn’t be too steep a cost most likely if they believe Dak is a franchise QB.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Watt to the Chiefs confirmed.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: I do love how NFL players are so often tight with each other regardless of team loyalties etc.

Like Von Millers pass rush summit, can you imagine the heads exploding amongst fans if PL players did something like that?!

lsd

The Oracle
I'd take that trade but Wilson isn't going to fix that defense and depleted O-line. They might go 9-7 vs 8-8 (Dak's last full season in 2019).

Yeah I would be seriously tempted but we need to fix our defence and O line in this draft and just cannot give up picks for anything else

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

First dunk is pretty special, fecking hell.

JPRouve

Scout

First dunk is pretty special, fecking hell.
He probably did that after your disrespecting comments about him and Jones being equal to the Bears' nobodies. :angel:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He probably did that after your disrespecting comments about him and Jones being equal to the Bears' nobodies. :angel:
"Not much worse" :D

Isn't Jones as good as gone by the way? Haven't followed it that closely but showed on Twitter a few times that the chances of him returning are pretty slim. The Packers could ride with AJ Dillon on his rookie contract from now on, at least that justifies the second round pick a litttttttle bit.

JPRouve

Scout
"Not much worse" :D

Isn't Jones as good as gone by the way? Haven't followed it that closely but showed on Twitter a few times that the chances of him returning are pretty slim. The Packers could ride with AJ Dillon on his rookie contract from now on, at least that justifies the second round pick a litttttttle bit.
Probably, they are one of the teams in cap hell. Drafting a RB would be a better idea than paying one, particularly when Williams their RB2 is also a free agent. I will be livid if they draft Najee Harris, I wanted him to replace Cook until the Vikings decide to do something stupid.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Wonder which team is gonna be stupid to throw 16-20m per year at a RB... Jacksonville with all their cap room? Who else has lots of cap space and wants to spend on luxury items?

JPRouve

Scout
Wonder which team is gonna be stupid to throw 16-20m per year at a RB... Jacksonville with all their cap room? Who else has lots of cap space and wants to spend on luxury items?
Unless the Jaguars are stupid beyond belief, they won't touch RB free agents since they have Robinson and could draft one in the middle rounds. The Jets are one of the stupidest franchise in American sports after the Timberwolves, so I would bet on them offering something ridiculous to Jones or Drake.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Unless the Jaguars are stupid beyond belief, they won't touch RB free agents since they have Robinson and could draft one in the middle rounds. The Jets are one of the stupidest franchise in American sports after the Timberwolves, so I would bet on them offering something ridiculous to Jones or Drake.
I was thinking the Jets too. They’ll be flush with picks if/when they trade Darnold and draft Zach Wilson, so maybe give the rookie QB something to help him along.

I‘m more interested to see if someone is dumb enough to reach for Harris. Seen him mocked as high as 16 or something, but Etienne will be the better NFL back methinks (unless you’re copying the Titans).

JPRouve

Scout
I was thinking the Jets too. They’ll be flush with picks if/when they trade Darnold and draft Zach Wilson, so maybe give the rookie QB something to help him along.

I‘m more interested to see if someone is dumb enough to reach for Harris. Seen him mocked as high as 16 or something, but Etienne will be the better NFL back methinks (unless you’re copying the Titans).
Harris has proved to be a pretty good receiver this year, he has turned into a RB in the mold of Bell more than Henry despite his size. Etienne is seen as the top RB but I think that they are both late first round picks at best, ideally you wouldn't take them in the first round at all because they are running backs after all.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That’s about the right order in terms of odds methinks. Seems like Cleveland could pay him more than Buffalo off the top of my head, so that helps even though Buffalo was closer to a SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.