NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Momentum swing is a big thing. That pick six changed the game completely

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Rodgers is very clearly rattled by this defence. Tampa D has played excellently along with some great calling by Bowles.

Not much the offence has had to do but when called upon they’ve done their job. Some good throws from Brady, good runs from Jones, and kept it mistake free so far.

Sylar

:lol:

I think there is obviously somewhere between turning the game around and doing nothing.
I mean quoting stats is fine and all but doesn't tell the whole story. At the point I posted buccs were winning but really, Brady hadn't done anything to that point
I like Brady and think he's a GOAT and my post was a little tongue in cheek, but yeah wasn't really something I'd put on Brady

RoadTrip

I mean quoting stats is fine and all but doesn't tell the whole story. At the point I posted buccs were winning but really, Brady hadn't done anything to that point
I like Brady and think he's a GOAT and my post was a little tongue in cheek, but yeah wasn't really something I'd put on Brady
Yeah, the Bucs D changed this game for sure.

RoadTrip

That pick 6 looks more and more weird every time they replay it. I have never seen Rodgers just stare down a receiver like that right from the snap. And my memory might be off but I don’t think the D had his number at that point, thought only started after.

RoadTrip

Yeah but it’s true Brady didn’t turn this game around. Certainly carrying the momentum on but the defense gets full credit in my view.
I don’t think I’ve claimed Brady turned it around (in fact stated the opposite). But the notion that therefore Brady gets no credit for what he’s contributed afterwards is a bit stupid too. If he hadn’t thrown his touchdowns the team would still have only had 14. Same way as everyone on the offence gets some credit by the way, not just Brady. That 2nd TD in particular was much more Gronk’s brilliant adjustment than Brady’s throw.

In order for GB to win this game, the D will need to make stops before Rodgers can go down and score. Does that mean Rodgers gets no credit? Of course not.

It’s a bizarre way to be looking at a football game.

Sylar

I don’t think I’ve claimed Brady turned it around (in fact stated the opposite). But the notion that therefore Brady gets no credit for what he’s contributed afterwards is a bit stupid too. If he hadn’t thrown his touchdowns the team would still have only had 14. Same way as everyone on the offence gets some credit by the way, not just Brady. That 2nd TD in particular was much more Gronk’s brilliant adjustment than Brady’s throw.

In order for GB to win this game, the D will need to make stops before Rodgers can go down and score. Does that mean Rodgers gets no credit? Of course not.

But I had no issue with giving Brady credit afterwards. But posting after stats to an original post which was based on a turn around is just bizarre

RoadTrip

That should have been another interception.
It’s insane to think that Rodgers could realistically have had as many interceptions in this game as the whole of last season if you take that one and the Carlton Davis one at the end of the 1st half. Just not his day I think, and a complete contrast to the first 4 games. Suspect a bit of bye week rust, and next week he will probably throw 5 TDS and 500 yards

Jack-C20

If that happens I’ll definitely credit Rodgers with seizing the opportunity, but if the Green Bay defense gets a pick 6 and then an interception straight after I’d certainly credit them with turning the game around.

I’m not saying Brady doesn’t deserve credit for the score line but I don’t think he played much part in turning the momentum around.

RoadTrip

If that happens I’ll definitely credit Rodgers with seizing the opportunity, but if the Green Bay defense gets a pick 6 and then an interception straight after I’d certainly credit them with turning the game around.

I’m not saying Brady doesn’t deserve credit for the score line but I don’t think he played much part in turning the momentum around.
So aren’t we just saying the same thing?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Who the feck is even watching that game :lol:
I'm doing some work with RedZone still on in the background, heard that Hanson went ballistic over that one so went over to the TV :lol:

Sylar

Damn FN Glazers wasting money on Brady and a former 24/7 champion instead of Sancho

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don’t think I saw Brady throw outside the numbers like this in his last 2 years with us
This might be the most confident I’ve seen him since that AFC game v Kansas in our last SB win. If his receivers can stay healthy, they’re going to get better as the season goes on. Also helps when the D is dominating.

RoadTrip

This might be the most confident I’ve seen him since that AFC game v Kansas in our last SB win. If his receivers can stay healthy, they’re going to get better as the season goes on. Also helps when the D is dominating.
Yeah, it looks more and more like our skill positions were a real issue last year (think I thought it anyway, but it was a bit in the air I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.