NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The one thing I don't get about this draft is Mac Jones. Sure a decent player, but top 10 pick? Maybe top 3? I don't see it personally. Then again I will never claim to be a draft guru
Its his accuracy, TD to INT ratio, and rating. Pretty much on par with Burrow’s final year at LSU. When you complete 77.4% of your passes while only throwing 4 picks all year, NFL teams tend to take notice.

lsd

The Oracle
Could have done without Darnold going to the Panthers as it is another team now in front of the Cowboys that will not want a QB.

Bad enough most mock drafts I have seen had Denver taking Surtain now the Panthers could be in for him as well

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Could have done without Darnold going to the Panthers as it is another team now in front of the Cowboys that will not want a QB.

Bad enough most mock drafts I have seen had Denver taking Surtain now the Panthers could be in for him as well
If Surtain or Pitts are off the board we should be trading down.

lsd

The Oracle
The game is considerably more physical and damaging. And it takes months of conditioning in order to play those 16 games during the regular season and then add playoff games.

What are playoff games ?
If Surtain or Pitts are off the board we should be trading down.

That's what I think too . Either trade up for Sewell but otherwise trade down as I cannot see see Surtain or Pitts being there at ten

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t know about trading down for Dallas. The CB market got more complicated with Farley’s back surgery, and some people are higher on Slater than Sewell.

If you need an OT or CB, just take the one you want there because they’ll soon be gone.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I don’t know about trading down for Dallas. The CB market got more complicated with Farley’s back surgery, and some people are higher on Slater than Sewell.

If you need an OT or CB, just take the one you want there because they’ll soon be gone.
I'm not sure any of the other corners are worth a top 10 pick though. We could probably get one similar late in the first or even in the 2nd.

lsd

The Oracle
A lot of rumours about Jerry Jones being Jerry Jones and moving up to draft Pitts and not Sewell

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
The NBA would be way better with a 15 or 30 game season. Watching regular season NBA is pointless if you don't live in the right timezone, because the games don't really matter individually.
It wasn’t always thus. Back when the top guys used to try and play every game (pre ‘load management’) and there were only one or two stars per team, the regular season was much more interesting. The NBA has changed a lot, and it’s arguable whether it’s actually changed for the better

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Watson's attorney stating his client has had consensual relationships with some of these women and has requested anonymity be removed (I mean, surely to challenge claims one needs to know who is making a claim against).

This is going to be ugly and I've been through that consensual bullshit. I also recall my attorney citing a civil court suit is almost always about money whereas real crimes get charged before civil action is launched (in most scenarios).

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

A good take on the whole Watson situation.

A particular point, there’s 22 accusers but apparently 18 masseurs who are speaking in his defence? Who the feck has 40 different masseurs? That is weird af.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

A good take on the whole Watson situation.

A particular point, there’s 22 accusers but apparently 18 masseurs who are speaking in his defence? Who the feck has 40 different masseurs? That is weird af.
As if having 1000 masseurs in his corner matters. What a weird point of contention (not yours, obviously, but many will use that as a defense). A crime is a crime.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If we don’t get Fields like I have somehow convinced myself will happen, I’ll sanction a trade for this guy:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Off to the Bucs then...
His knee’s apparently done, but Brady’s probably recruiting him & it wouldn’t surprise me if they sign him instead of AB.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Announced his retirement. Brilliant career, big game player who made so many big plays when it mattered. I still have no idea how he managed to grab that catch against the Falcons. Injuries finally caught up with him, right decision to call it quits.

edit - this is why NE terminated his contract:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
James Conner to the Cardinals.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Browns are winning the offseason so far. They‘re fixing their weaknesses before getting to the draft. Right there with Buffalo & Baltimore in the ‘not quite KFC’ tier of the AFC.

That was a typo there but I think I’m leaving it...

Hephaestus

Not sure signing Clowney is that big a positive right now
Yeah, he was poor with the Titans last year. But I guess if he's alongside Garrett then he might get back to around 9 sacks like his last two years in Houston.

Disgraceful from Aaron Donald, I'd ban him from all divisional games for at least 3 years.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah, he was poor with the Titans last year. But I guess if he's alongside Garrett then he might get back to around 9 sacks like his last two years in Houston.

Disgraceful from Aaron Donald, I'd ban him from all divisional games for at least 3 years.
Christ. Over a bump?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Listening to Tomlinson and Pierce in the past weeks has put a smile on my face, they both sound like bright and high character guys. Also I didn't know that Tomlinson had a scholarship to go to Harvard and he intends to go when his career is over.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Not sure signing Clowney is that big a positive right now
It isn’t a big change, but it’s further insurance at one of their weaknesses. If he’s healthy he still has an effective pass rush.

What they did most importantly was revamp their secondary via the Rams.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So in retrospect, Clowney left a lot of money on the table by not extending with the Texans or the Seahawks?

RooneyLegend

He probably ran his mouth after bumping into him and spilling his drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.