NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If you’re into that sort of thing, kick on the Pat McAfee show via YT and run it back about 20-30min (~1.75 hr from the start). :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yes, but there’s a near zero chance on Wilson now. Fields and Lance are a bit polarizing so who knows what the hell will happen; many will tell you Lance has the highest ceiling of anyone outside of Trevor Lawrence.
Thanks will try and do some reading before the draft just for curiosities sake.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Feasting on six #1 picks over three drafts is insane. Basically another Cleveland Browns type situation, except the Fins are already playoff calibre now.
I’m Tampa, not that plastic city to the southeast.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Surely the end of Jimmy G in SF. I can see Belichick trading for him if the opportunity arises.

Tiber

Feasting on six #1 picks over three drafts is insane. Basically another Cleveland Browns type situation, except the Fins are already playoff calibre now.
Picks are great. But at some point we need to do something with them.

Last year we used the first Tunsil pick to take a backup slot corner.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Picks are great. But at some point we need to do something with them.

Last year we used the first Tunsil pick to take a backup slot corner.
The Fins - along with the Browns and Bills are in excellent shape imo. Each have good coaches and are going places in the coming years. Most Miami fans I know are upset about Tua at QB, but I think he will improve over time once het gets more weapons.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Now they’re saying that SF trade was for Mac Jones...what the absolute hell is going on today?
Madness if so. The one high-projected QB that must have all the pieces around to produce is Jones. Outside of Lance, another crapshoot, the other three seem to have the ability to make plays on their own and able to lift a side, from little I've seen. Surely, they'll take Fields at 3 as I figure the Jets go with Wilson.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Madness if so. The one high-projected QB that must have all the pieces around to produce is Jones. Outside of Lance, another crapshoot, the other three seem to have the ability to make plays on their own and able to lift a side, from little I've seen. Surely, they'll take Fields at 3 as I figure the Jets go with Wilson.
I wouldn’t have bought it if I just heard it from one talking head, but Lombardi saying it (after Orlovsky and Simms) makes me wonder. There were rumors about him moving up the boards despite his athletic ability (a la Baker) and he is remarkably accurate I suppose.

Need Schefty or Rapo to chime in...

Tiber

So they've dropped 3 places in the draft (3 to 12 to 6) and gained two more first round picks in the future?
Gained 1 first and a third in the end. But at 6 we are in a position to get the pass catcher we really need, might have been more complicated at 12

Traded away our own first rounder next year and we will pick with the 49ers. Which could bite us in the ass if the 49ers are really good this year

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Great haul by the Dolphins, they must be chuffed with all this.

Not sure about the Niners strategy. Who are they sold on? If it’s Wilson they might miss out on him at #3 unless they have inside info that the Jets are fine with Darnold but even then it would make sense for the Jets to trade down with the Panthers or Broncos?

Jones would almost certainly have been there at their original pick.

Tiber

Barry Jackson (probably the most reliable Dolphins insider) says four teams made serious offers for the third pick.

We know that the 49ers and Eagles were two on them, I wonder who the other teams were

YAMS49

Barry Jackson (probably the most reliable Dolphins insider) says four teams made serious offers for the third pick.

We know that the 49ers and Eagles were two on them, I wonder who the other teams were
Carolina would of been a strong bet for one of them for sure.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Carolina and Denver, surely. Breer mentioned NE, as maybe Bill is in a hurry to get another dynasty started, but that wouldn’t be as likely.

ha_rooney

Carolina and Denver, surely. Breer mentioned NE, as maybe Bill is in a hurry to get another dynasty started, but that wouldn’t be as likely.
I’d be surprised if NE was involved, the way Bill’s spent money he’s in win now mode which I’m not sure you would get with a rookie QB.

I do expect him to make a move for Jimmy G, but whether that’s enough of an upgrade over Cam to get NE ahead of Buffalo/Miami again, I’m not sure.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I’d be surprised if NE was involved, the way Bill’s spent money he’s in win now mode which I’m not sure you would get with a rookie QB.

I do expect him to make a move for Jimmy G, but whether that’s enough of an upgrade over Cam to get NE ahead of Buffalo/Miami again, I’m not sure.
He needs to be, because there's every chance the Dolphins will be shaping up to dominate that division for the foreseeable.

roseguy64

I don't think the rookie QB is for this season. Considering the financial outlay and how it affects future caps then getting a rookie QB deal in place for the next few seasons allows for maintaining the current commitments and adding to the team.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I like the joke headline ‘How a gasmask bong rip ruined the Texans franchise and revived the Dolphins’.

RooneyLegend

Chris Simms says Zach Wilson is a notch above Trevor Lawrence. That makes it a fact with his tack record. Jags should take a better look.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Zach Wilson looking like Mahomes here....

Such poor technique, throwing off the back foot while also drifting away. What a fecking incredible throw, such arrogant nonchalance. Love it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Adam Peters the VP of personnel is going to Fields' pro day. Kyle has already seen a lot of Fields in person from a QB school a few yrs ago.
I think Kyle would still want to see him in person since then - unless they already know they’re taking him and are better served seeing some Bama guys instead, which is entirely possible.

YAMS49

I think Kyle would still want to see him in person since then - unless they already know they’re taking him and are better served seeing some Bama guys instead, which is entirely possible.
Maybe... Could be due diligence on Peters' behalf, he does have a large say in player recruitment. Could be smokescreens as well. 49ers under ShanaLynch are very cards close to the chest.

ha_rooney

Seen some players speak against the 17th game, but was always going to happen after they agreed it in the CBA.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Most apt choice of a picture in 2021.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Oh and:

4.44 speed for Fields :eek:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Been talk of the Broncos making a move up for him.

There’s been talk of going after Darnold too but I’m not listening to that talk.
Hopefully Paton tells them there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell he will pin his new job’s hopes on Darnold. Too big a risk.

Pick 4 is interesting because obviously Atlanta won’t be keen to trade within the division to Carolina, and if they’re not drafting Ryan’s long term replacement there they can trade back and still probably have their pick of defensive players.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Seen some players speak against the 17th game, but was always going to happen after they agreed it in the CBA.
Any mention of cutting preseason games? Four, sometimes five, is ludicrous these days. I had heard the players were for adding the extra regular season games if reducing the preseason games. But knowing how greedy these owner cnuts are they're probably holding to the preseason as is to milk full-price tickets out of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.