NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
On something more pleasant to discuss, the Ravens are talking to Golladay. A proper ‘X’ target man would help Lamar immensely, maybe even get him over the hump in the playoffs.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
the cynic in me wonders if this is related to why he is suddenly desperate to get out of Houston 6 months after singing a contract extension
If you are even more cynical, maybe that's why he wants to leave Texas 6 months after signing an extension?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Justin Simmons signs extension

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Fuller (CB) released by the Bears. Do it Paton and Denver can go best player available at #9.

Hicks might exit as well. If I were a Bears’ fan I’d be jumping ship faster than a Texans’ fan last year...

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Feel bad for Bears fans as the franchise is a complete mess . There seems to be no plan to what they are doing.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Looks like there’s 10-12 women coming forward in this Watson saga. What the feck...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Looks like there’s 10-12 women coming forward in this Watson saga. What the feck...
12 confirmed suits, 10 more women in addition who are in contact with the law firm. So 22 potentially for now.

I don’t think ~2 dozen some-odd people are putting their private and professional reputations on the line for the chance of winning a lawsuit without good reason...

Tiber

I didn't think much of this at first, he got out ahead of the first allegations on twitter and slammed the 'attention obsessed lawyer' looking for a payday. Sounded reasonable enough.

But 12 different women? Hell of a conspiracy, If it is a scam then they should all go to jail but something on this scale would take a lot of organisation

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
fecking hell! With that many people making allegations, surely a criminal investigation needs to happen (if not already?!)

lsd

The Oracle

Apparently another 10 as well. This sounds very weird to me especially with him wanting out of Texas and well Texas being Texas

Tiber

You hear talk about certain players being trouble and others being 'high character guys' but I suppose you never really know these guys do you?

Hernandez was going around executing people and his teammates and coaches who saw him every day had no idea.

Id hate to think this is all some elaborate scheme to make money in legal fees from a high profile guy, but I suppose it's possible. Shit like that does so much damage to real victims

JPRouve

Scout
You hear talk about certain players being trouble and others being 'high character guys' but I suppose you never really know these guys do you?

Hernandez was going around executing people and his teammates and coaches who saw him every day had no idea.

Id hate to think this is all some elaborate scheme to make money in legal fees from a high profile guy, but I suppose it's possible. Shit like that does so much damage to real victims
I seem to remember that Hernandez was generally disliked despite the fact that he allegedly had a great work ethic, only Brady liked him or had a positive relationship with him.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Seems like there will end up being far too many cracks in the dam & not enough fingers. I was disappointed when the Bucs picked up Antonio Brown last year, but, feck me, he seems like an absolute catch compared to how Watson is faring right now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Lindsay was a great story but he’s limited in the passing game, both receiving and blocking. That diminishes his value as a RB even further than usual for a position already low on the totem pole.

Tiber

Isaiah Wilson was a first round bust for the Titans in 2020. He was Traded to Miami for a swap of seventh round picks last week. Turned up late for his physical and on boarding meetings, didnt show up to workouts he promised to attend and was cut today.

That kid is going to go far

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Isaiah Wilson was a first round bust for the Titans in 2020. He was Traded to Miami for a swap of seventh round picks last week. Turned up late for his physical and on boarding meetings, didnt show up to workouts he promised to attend and was cut today.

That kid is going to go far
Wilson posted social media videos of him Friday dancing shirtless on top of a car and smoking a vape, the same day he agreed to do a workout.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Finally signed a safety, and all the talk is that he'll play at LB..

lsd

The Oracle

Finally signed a safety, and all the talk is that he'll play at LB..

Our best piece of work in free agency for sure a while though. Actually quite shocked we did something good for a change.

Plus Malik Hooker to visit this week get him and safety is sorted

Last edited:

Tiber

4 more women joined the Watson lawsuit today.

You would think that there would be an avalanche of media coverage when one of the NFLs biggest stars, a QB no less, is suddenly being accused by half the women in a city. Coverage seems rather low key to me and feels like his tweets denying it all are getting the benefit of the doubt. Which seems a little unusual in an age of social media when everything and everyone
you ever heard of is getting cancelled. There is still more speculation regarding his future trade prospects than anything else.

I get that there is a chance this is all a scam for attention or money as Watson has suggested, but that seemed a lot more likely when it was 1 or 2 people. 20+ accusations? thats one hell of a conspiracy if it is all made up. Though I suppose you could also ask why this only came out now if his actions involved so many people.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

You would think that there would be an avalanche of media coverage when one of the NFLs biggest stars, a QB no less, is suddenly being accused by half the women in a city. Coverage seems rather low key to me and feels like his tweets denying it all are getting the benefit of the doubt. Which seems a little unusual in an age of social media when everything and everyone you ever heard of is getting cancelled.

I get that there is a chance this is all a scam for attention or money, but that seemed a lot more likely when it was 1 or 2 people. 20+ accusations? thats one hell of a conspiracy if it is all made up. Though I suppose you could also ask why this only came out now if his actions involved so many people.
It's all from the same attorney though so possibly a money grab? Will be interesting what police/DA decide to do once they examine the evidence. Obviously can't be good for his trade prospects.

Tiber

It's all from the same attorney though so possibly a money grab? Will be interesting what police/DA decide to do once they examine the evidence. Obviously can't be good for his trade prospects.
If it is a scam that Lawyer needs to go to jail himself.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

You would think that there would be an avalanche of media coverage when one of the NFLs biggest stars, a QB no less, is suddenly being accused by half the women in a city. Coverage seems rather low key to me and feels like his tweets denying it all are getting the benefit of the doubt. Which seems a little unusual in an age of social media when everything and everyone
you ever heard of is getting cancelled. There is still more speculation regarding his future trade prospects than anything else.

I get that there is a chance this is all a scam for attention or money as Watson has suggested, but that seemed a lot more likely when it was 1 or 2 people. 20+ accusations? thats one hell of a conspiracy if it is all made up. Though I suppose you could also ask why this only came out now if his actions involved so many people.
Coverage is usually muted because news organizations aren't able to independently corroborate the stories and don't want to get called out for needlessly accusing Watson of something with no independent evidence to back it up.

JPRouve

Scout
Coverage is usually muted because news organizations aren't able to independently corroborate the stories and don't want to get called out for needlessly accusing Watson of something with no independent evidence to back it up.
When you look at how some are talking about it where Watson is the devil or the potential victims are scammers, it's easy to see why journalists stay clear until they have a better understanding of the situation.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Depressing time to be a Texans fan. We got a coach/GM who decimated the roster and mortgaged the foreseeable future before getting fired, a preacher running the team, a quarterback who wants a trade and has his value damaged because he's accused of being the Harvey Weinstein of the NFL and the human virtue signaling machine who was the face of the franchise ask out and go join a different team for free.

Might as well tank the season already.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
One or more of those undersized WRs is going to turn out to be an absolute steal in retrospect, I just don’t know which.

Elijah Moore from Miss, Toney from UF, the guy from North Texas... And Waddle, maybe my favorite player in the draft.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I seem to remember that Hernandez was generally disliked despite the fact that he allegedly had a great work ethic, only Brady liked him or had a positive relationship with him.
He got on with Gronk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.