NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is Trevor Lawrence really that good? He's been outplayed in some pretty big games and by quite a fair bit.
That list of games that doesn’t include all time great college QBs and/or offenses is rather short. It’s entirely possible that any one of the top ~5 QBs, or RBs or receivers for that matter, will end up having the best career. But based on what we know, the current projections make sense.

That said, I do like people not being afraid to make bold picks that actually have logic behind them, aka Simms. He’s been right on a couple of those ‘hot takes’ in recent years.

RooneyLegend

That list of games that doesn’t include all time great college QBs and/or offenses is rather short. It’s entirely possible that any one of the top ~5 QBs, or RBs or receivers for that matter, will end up having the best career. But based on what we know, the current projections make sense.

That said, I do like people not being afraid to make bold picks that actually have logic behind them, aka Simms. He’s been right on a couple of those ‘hot takes’ in recent years.
Justin Fields and Ohio state are all time greats?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We signed a lot of people ... not sure it’s really money well spent but at least some investment across the board.
Yeah - one or two over payments at first glance but you can’t judge contracts before they’ve played. Especially with Bill in charge.

lsd

The Oracle
Ryan Fitzpatrick joining Washington. Interesting

muller

Yeah - one or two over payments at first glance but you can’t judge contracts before they’ve played. Especially with Bill in charge.
Plus not too much of a stretch when you look at how the contracts are worked.

Patriots had the highest predicted cap space for the 2023 season entering yesterday (the year the cap balloons), and after yesterday have an even bigger cushion at the top.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Russ: wants O-line help
Pete: then we'll just run it 384 times a game.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hunter Henry to Patriots too now

Pats are back?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Is Trevor Lawrence really that good? He's been outplayed in some pretty big games and by quite a fair bit.
He's pretty good imo. Unfortunately, some have gotten carried away and have taken to thinking of him as the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning, which is definitely not the case.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I have Henry in dynasty - not too thrilled :lol:
2011 was Gronk's best ever (fantasy) season and that was when Aaron Hernandez also had a very good year. Not sure whether they rotated or just ran a lot of 12 personnel.

And I probably shouldn't compare 2011 Brady to 2021 Cam either but still, not all is lost my friend :D

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Denver picking up Von’s option, after he declined a renegotiation. Fangio might get enough of a defense together to keep his job another year...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It‘s nigh impossible to replicate Gronk/Hernandez, but that’s a fair attempt by Bill. Cam should feel over the moon.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
I think Newton's shoulder is done for but interesting to see what Belichick's offense will look like next season regardless. I feel they might double-down on being a run-heavy team, especially in terms of using Newton in the running game. Jonnu Smith is more of a good pass-catcher and a decent pass-blocker, while Henry is probably the better blocker but has lost a lot of dynamism in the passing game ever since he got injured in 2018. NFL defenses tend to play heavily out of nickel so playing a lot of 12 sets might be one way to gain an advantage. Again, Cam's shoulder might be cooked but he can still be an effective runner so you can view these moves as being made with the intention of maximising what Newton is as a QB right now.

I don't think being a run-heavy team is a good idea in general although there are some caveats: (a) the Patriots had a much better run offense than pass offense last year, (b) Newton can only really play in a run-heavy offense, and (c) while most teams have become more pass-happy over time (Right in line with what analytics would tell them), there does probably exist a threshold whereby it makes more sense to pivot back towards the run as opposed to passing even more. I'm not quite sure we've reached that threshold but as things stand, I don't really see how the Patriots can become an above-average passing offense in the near future. On the other hand, doubling down on running out of 12 personnel might be a better short-term plan.

lsd

The Oracle
Andy Dalton signing with Chicago. As a Cowboy fan i can say thank god :D

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The Bears SBNation blog currently.

Breaking News: The Bears are run by idiots.

:lol:

Tiber

Backup QB, Punter, 4th string TE? Fine - they actually got a good deal with Brissett. But any chance Miami adds a WR or DE? Both depth charts are extremely depressing

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Not a bad deal aged 32 :eek:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Apparently the Bears went super hard after Wilson but the Seahawks weren't willing to trade him. Would've liked to see him in Chicago :(

Hephaestus

Apparently the Bears went super hard after Wilson but the Seahawks weren't willing to trade him. Would've liked to see him in Chicago :(
Thank god.

Was interesting that Wilson's personal QB coach tweeted yesterday about wanting Rodney Hudson when he's released by the Raiders, even suggesting restructuring Wilson's contract to make it happen. Doing the latter would make it much harder to trade Wilson next season so suggests his priority is still trying to force change in Seattle rather than just wanting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.