NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Safe to say I didn't see that coming.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Hard to believe that the Patriots have paid Cam Newton anything after that season
They were pretty bad last season in general. No pre-season and Covid probably affected Cam quite a bit.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Safe to say I didn't see that coming.
The feck :lol: If ever there was a decision they could take to make the AJ Dillon pick only 90% stupid instead of a 100%, this was the one.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They were pretty bad last season in general. No pre-season and Covid probably affected Cam quite a bit.
Hope that’s the case but he looked finished to me. Couldn’t throw deep, missed wide open passes & the passing game was pretty useless apart from the odd game. But he played hard , put his body on the line with the constant option plays & rush TDs and tbf to him didn’t make excuses for the shit passing performances.

He seems a decent person so I’m happy for him, but as a Pats fan, I’m expecting another long season.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Cam is such a great locker room presence. Bill probably fell in love with that. They have won with poor QB play in the past.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Didn’t the Patriots have a few offensive linemen opt out due to covid? Cam didn’t look good but I think there were a few mitigating factors.

muller

Didn’t the Patriots have a few offensive linemen opt out due to covid? Cam didn’t look good but I think there were a few mitigating factors.
Mainly on the D, but high turnover and injuries on the line. Also no WR had more than 2 TD receptions, stuttering running game.. and 8 opt outs. It wasn't all on Cam. I'm not thrilled at the prospoect of another season with him under center but.. I don't hate it. Last year was Cams floor, not his ceiling.

Ideal scenario is that we trade up to get Trey Lance and he competes for the starting job with Cam.

ha_rooney

Keeping Godwin, Shaq & David... fecking Glazers.

ha_rooney

BB spending big money :eek:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently the Jags and Ravens are close to a deal that would send DJ Chark and a draft pick to Baltimore for Orlando Brown.

It's not exactly Allen Robinson or Kenny Golladay but finally Lamar gets a bona fide WR1.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Belichick really didn't like that losing season, did he?

RooneyLegend

If you were the Dolphins, would you swap 2 no1's, Tua and Gesicki for Deshaun Watson?

And if you were the Texans would you take it?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If you were the Dolphins, would you swap 2 no1's, Tua and Gesicki for Deshaun Watson?

And if you were the Texans would you take it?
Definitely wouldn't take that. The Fins are already up and coming and should retain their draft picks to keep building.

ha_rooney

I think the Mills signing means Gilmore will get traded. Need that WR...

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Joe Thuney to Chiefs for a boat load of $$

Are they flipping him to tackle?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Now that would be interesting.
I wasn't being serious but thinking about, it could make sense if they swap first rounds too. That way the Packers can get one of the highly rated rookie WR while also improving their defensive backfield.

ha_rooney

Bill’s intent to use up all the cap space today... don’t think he’s worth that much money at all.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Bill’s intent to use up all the cap space today... don’t think he’s worth that much money at all.
I think he could be, but Cam isn't accurate enough downfield to make him worth it for the Pats.

That's why the Jonnu Smith deal makes a lot of sense for them, could be their number one target in that offense and operate as Cam's security blanket.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Kendrick Bourne also to the Pats. 3-year, $22.5m deal. Sheesh.

ha_rooney

Kendrick Bourne also to the Pats. 3-year, $22.5m deal. Sheesh.
Bill’s gone from penny pinching to signing everyone & for big money. Guess Bill’s all in on the next 2 seasons.

RooneyLegend

Is Trevor Lawrence really that good? He's been outplayed in some pretty big games and by quite a fair bit.

RooneyLegend

I think he could be, but Cam isn't accurate enough downfield to make him worth it for the Pats.

That's why the Jonnu Smith deal makes a lot of sense for them, could be their number one target in that offense and operate as Cam's security blanket.
Bill will probably be hoping to get a QB in the draft by moving up. He's spending so much money on skill positions I doubt it's all for Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.