NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
They may be banking on the experience factor of getting to the big game. I do agree that the Cardinals will be hard to beat if they get home field.
I think that’s my one question mark for the Cardinals. They do lack experience on the big stage. And in recent years we’ve seen that be quite costly for even some of the best performing franchises in the year.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I swear I told you it was coming when you made the post you’d warmed up to Hamilton - I predicted it. I’m actually the GOAT of this thread now
Cousins would have won the SB last year on that time.

Now I feel better.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yes, only he could have turned them into a Super Bowl winner. No one else in the history of the game.
Yes, that’s pretty obvious and that is why he is the goat.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I mean, in fairness, that particular stat speaks more to defence than offence …
I mean, it actually does.
Yes well done to the defense for not also conceding +30 points

The fact they’ve scored over 30 points in 19 games in 1.5 seasons is pretty much a good offensive stat.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
:lol: :lol: :lol:
To be fair, anything you say about Brady shouldn’t be taken seriously.
A good indicator of how good their offense has been. #2 in passing last year and #1 in fewest sacks allowed this year. A pretty good recipe for success.

RoadTrip

Sort of my point, right?
Yeah but it also shows that their defence is robust enough that if the offence does well, the team does well. It would be more relevant as a comparison of other top end teams and their results if they score 30+ in the past few years. So it’s both.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
They may be banking on the experience factor of getting to the big game. I do agree that the Cardinals will be hard to beat if they get home field.
That’s a fair point. Especially as it pertains to the Cardinals. Home field will be a big help if they get the one seed because the playoffs is extremely unfamiliar territory for them.

Jack-C20

I think strict allegiance to one team is outdated stuff in an age where you can watch any team. Odds are you are already supporting a team you don’t have any local, personal ties to so why not have another? It’s not a spouse you’ve sworn an oath to.
Packers are my #1 too, but my gf is a fan of the Eagles, so we watch both every week, and I want them to do well. Always had a soft spot for the Browns too, but it was mostly because they were hopeless. They're decent now, so the novelty has worn off a bit.
My way around that is find teams to root against and just watch those games. I had great fun watching the Niners and the fecking Vikings lose this weekend. But to your question, especially if you're not US based, most of us have just picked teams we liked or developed an emotional connection with based something arbitrary, so by all means pick another team if its going to enhance your enjoyment of the sport.
Cheers guys. I’ve always felt the same way as you but buying another team’s apparel felt like crossing a line. Dolphins are top of the list at the minute so I surely can’t be accused of glory supporting!

Interestingly I have 3 jerseys. Favre and Rodgers being two of them. The third being a Peterson Vikings jersey intended for my brother but it never found it’s way to him. I think the Vikings are a step too far though.

Jerseys are mega money anyway so I’ll stick to the bobble hats :D

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
So, now you’re saying a QB (be it because he doesn’t throw 30 picks) CAN cause such a swing in a team (from being a losing team, to winning a Super Bowl)?
Yes. ‘A’ QB. Not ‘one’ QB.

The Broncos went 4-12, 8-8, then Manning came in and they went 13-3, 13-3, 12-4 and 12-4, went to two Super Bowls and won one.

The Seahawks went 7-9, 7-9 in Carroll’s first two seasons, then Russ came in and they went 11-5, 13-3 and 12-4, going to 2 Super Bowls and winning one.

In both cases, the teams had ballers all over the gaff, they just needed a good QB.

I’m not sure exactly what superhuman quality you are trying to ascribe to Brady but I can’t roll with you on it I’m afraid.

RoadTrip

Yes. ‘A’ QB. Not ‘one’ QB.

The Broncos went 4-12, 8-8, then Manning came in and they went 13-3, 13-3, 12-4 and 12-4, went to two Super Bowls and won one.

The Seahawks went 7-9, 7-9 in Carroll’s first two seasons, then Russ came in and they went 11-5, 13-3 and 12-4, going to 2 Super Bowls and winning one.

In both cases, the teams had ballers all over the gaff, they just needed a good QB.

I’m not sure exactly what superhuman quality you are trying to ascribe to Brady but I can’t roll with you on it I’m afraid.
:lol:

Not sure where I talk about Brady and super human qualities. And not sure that I ever said Brady was the only one who could have won the super bowl with Tampa last year.

Only reason I am even asking you these questions is because on the one hand your argument for why a coach is more important than a player (which was the original debate in case you’ve forgotten) is that it’s just 1/53 players. On the other you’ve proven the point about why a good QB can completely change a franchises fortunes. Funny that.

You just do you mate.

Last edited:

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
:lol:

Not sure where I talk about Brady and super human qualities. And not sure that I ever said Brady was the only one who could have won the super bowl with Tampa last year.

Only reason I am even asking you these questions is because on the one hand your argument for why a coach is more important than a player (which was the original debate in case you’ve forgotten) is that it’s just 1/53 players. On the other you’ve proven the point about why a good QB can completely change a franchises fortunes. Funny that.

You just do you mate.
That wasn’t actually the original debate. The original debate was whether Brady was more important to the Patriots success than Belichick. That refers to a specific coach (who is also a GM) and player, not any coach and player. Yes a good QB can greatly affect a team’s fortunes, but a good QB on a team with no talent (especially on defense) is not going to get very far.

My point was that it’s crazy to say Brady was more important when it was Belichick who drafted and groomed him and chose him over pro-Bowler Bledsoe in the first place and was also responsible not just for overseeing the entire team (masterminding top 10 defenses virtually every year) but also picking the players that would be on that team in his GM role.

You just do you though mate.

RoadTrip

That wasn’t actually the original debate. The original debate was whether Brady was more important to the Patriots success than Belichick. That refers to a specific coach (who is also a GM) and player, not any coach and player. Yes a good QB can greatly affect a team’s fortunes, but a good QB on a team with no talent (especially on defense) is not going to get very far.

My point was that it’s crazy to say Brady was more important when it was Belichick who drafted and groomed him and chose him over pro-Bowler Bledsoe in the first place and was also responsible not just for overseeing the entire team (masterminding top 10 defenses virtually year) but also picking the players that would be on that team in his GM role.

You just do you though mate.
But a point you’ve refuted yourself by proving a simple change to a HOF QB when coaching and team stay relatively steady can change the future of a franchise.

As I’ve said multiple times, it is impossible to prove who had more impact - Brady or Bill. And I’ve also said multiple times they were both of significant consequence to our success.

I just don’t think your argument of why Bill is more important stacks up because of evidence you yourself have presented. An argument I’m fine with overall, by the way, and the reasons you noted in this post are more valid, but not the ones I specifically quoted and challenged you on.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How bad do you have to be to get released from a team who can barely put a warm body out on the field.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
But a point you’ve refuted yourself by proving a simple change to a HOF QB when coaching and team stay relatively steady can change the future of a franchise.
What point? You need the coaching and team as well. You think a hall of fame QB can win a SB without coaching and a good team as well? I mean, you don’t even become a HOF QB unless you have coaching and a team for the most part.

As I’ve said multiple times, it is impossible to prove who had more impact - Brady or Bill. And I’ve also said multiple times they were both of significant consequence to our success.
But weren’t you saying that Brady was more important than Belichick? Or was that someone else? I’ve replied to different people.

I just don’t think your argument of why Bill is more important stacks up because of evidence you yourself have presented. An argument I’m fine with overall, by the way, and the reasons you noted in this post are more valid, but not the ones I specifically quoted and challenged you on.
I never said BB was more important. I said you cannot IMO say that Brady was more important than BB. You need coach, QB and team. What points are you referring to that you challenged me on?

RoadTrip

We are going in circles, suggest for everyone’s sanity we just park it. Fundamentally I think we are on the same page anyway.

A more important discussion is who kidnapped @Rado_N and took over his redcafe account.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Patriots - Bills - Was like a game of Madden where you play those opponents that just run the ball on every play and there's nothing you can do.

But Belichick is a genius there's no way that team should be top of the AFC.

2020 - Brady shows he can win a super bowl without Belichick

2021 - Belichick shows he can win a super bowl without Brady?

RoadTrip

The AFC is a really strange conference this year. A group of good but not great teams, which means you’ve got this bizarre situation of 1 team on 9W, 3 on 8W, 4 on 7W, and 5 on 6W. Not only that, but apart from the East where 1 and 2 are split by 2 wins, all others are by 1. Which means you’ve this rather bizarre scenario where 1st seed, division winners and wildcards are all feasibly up in the air.

The NFC on the other hand, I would say divisional winners are all pretty much set with 2 division winners able to be confirmed this week, and the other two with 2 wins between second and first. First seed is highly skewed to Cardinals although still feasibly open with GB and TB one back. Rams are pretty much a lock for one wildcard spot. The other 2 still fairly open.

Mike Smalling

The AFC is a really strange conference this year. A group of good but not great teams, which means you’ve got this bizarre situation of 1 team on 9W, 3 on 8W, 4 on 7W, and 5 on 6W. Not only that, but apart from the East where 1 and 2 are split by 2 wins, all others are by 1. Which means you’ve this rather bizarre scenario where 1st seed, division winners and wildcards are all feasibly up in the air.

The NFC on the other hand, I would say divisional winners are all pretty much set with 2 division winners able to be confirmed this week, and the other two with 2 wins between second and first. First seed is highly skewed to Cardinals although still feasibly open with GB and TB one back. Rams are pretty much a lock for one wildcard spot. The other 2 still fairly open.
The AFC even has two division without teams with losing records, at the moment, and where first spot and last spot is separated by two wins. Pretty crazy.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
According to ESPN's Football Power Index, the most likely SB matchup is now Bucs - Pats at 10% :lol:

RoadTrip

According to ESPN's Football Power Index, the most likely SB matchup is now Bucs - Pats at 10% :lol:
Yeah someone mentioned that above. I just can’t see it to be honest. A possibility sure but 10%? Seems far too high. I wouldn’t even have a 10% chance for us making the super bowl.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah someone mentioned that above. I just can’t see it to be honest. A possibility sure but 10%? Seems far too high. I wouldn’t even have a 10% chance for us making the super bowl.
The AFC is such a mess it even fried the computers’ brains.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Giants is the surprising name there at first glance, but I suppose Toney, Golladay, and Barkley would be fun to work with as a QB.

Oh…NYC, that could play a part for him as well.

Hephaestus

First of all, keep your filthy hands off him :mad:

One of Wilson's inner circle saying this report is bullshit. So I can continue to live in denial for a few more weeks at least...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's not Wilson who should leave Seattle, it's Carroll.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
First of all, keep your filthy hands off him :mad:

One of Wilson's inner circle saying this report is bullshit. So I can continue to live in denial for a few more weeks at least...
I’ve no idea who is or isn’t reliable on this situation, and I’m not getting my hopes up for anything, I’ll just enjoy the speculation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.