NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

I don't get why they would risk it, they have a more than capable back-up in Mattison and a long week off after tonight's game. Just protect your own player ffs.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kamara returns to FP just as Ingram is placed on the covid list, which just about sums up our season

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Kamara returns to FP just as Ingram is placed on the covid list, which just about sums up our season

Just give AK 40 touches against this Jets rushing D and they will be grant.

Finally he's back :drool:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

I don't get why they would risk it, they have a more than capable back-up in Mattison and a long week off after tonight's game. Just protect your own player ffs.
Although I can understand why they might. They’re right in the play off hunt and any advantage they can get, they’ll take it. But your thought process makes sense too - it’s not like Mattison is some randomer

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
They're paying him a shitload of money, the chance of aggrevating the injury is certainly there, and the difference between him and Mattison is negligable imo (but I'm in the RBs don't matter camp so there's that). Winning or losing that game probably won't be dependant on Cook's availability imo, but yeah I guess I can get where they're coming from with a sense of urgency.

The problem I have with those situations is that medics should step in and prevent it from happening but I have the feeling they just approve whatever the team wants to hear. He might be able to be out there and run some plays sure, but there's a difference between that and being fully medically cleared to play football imo. Although the other side of that argument is that you should just not play football in the first place if you're concerned about your long-term health :nervous:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Would the importance of a game make a difference? Like say a final regular season game with a division title and homefield advantage on the line?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
They're paying him a shitload of money, the chance of aggrevating the injury is certainly there, and the difference between him and Mattison is negligable imo (but I'm in the RBs don't matter camp so there's that). Winning or losing that game probably won't be dependant on Cook's availability imo, but yeah I guess I can get where they're coming from with a sense of urgency.

The problem I have with those situations is that medics should step in and prevent it from happening but I have the feeling they just approve whatever the team wants to hear. He might be able to be out there and run some plays sure, but there's a difference between that and being fully medically cleared to play football imo. Although the other side of that argument is that you should just not play football in the first place if you're concerned about your long-term health :nervous:
I think you are vastly underrating Dalvin Cook

RoadTrip

Personally I think Cook is much better than Mattison - albeit that Mattison is a good RB. I’m also in the RB don’t matter much camp, but there are a few who do make a big difference (even if they shouldn’t be paid big money or drafted at premium spots) and Cook is in that camp. If it were me though, as long as the preparation itself doesn’t increase the prolonged risk of injury, I see no reason with them going ahead with that and then starting Mattison and then, if needed, involve Cook in critical moments.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I think you are vastly underrating Dalvin Cook

They have literally been the same back this season when on the field.

Cook is very good, Mattison is having the same production as him when he's their featured back. Same goes for the situation in Cleveland with Chubb, Hunt and Johnson.

Sandyman

Because they had to screw me in fantasy!

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Unbelievable. Around 30 seconds left, no TOs, clock is running and he decides that's the time to showboat instead of handing the ball back to the ref? Extremely stupid and selfish.

sport2793

Wow life is too short sometimes, what a shame. Hopefully the NFL honors him, really good player and human being.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That’s awful news, he was only 33 and one of my favorite players at GT and while in the league. I remember Obama pardoned his mother for a lengthy drug charge in time for her to watch him win the Super Bowl.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Gutted to hear about DT. Great player and seemed to be a well liked team mate.

lsd

The Oracle
I kept Dalvin Cook on my bench this week as he has been questionable every single week and when he has played it's been underwhelming.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It is tragic. Some of the tributes from people like Eric Decker have been very moving.
Big time. The comments from Peyton say it all:

“D.T. was a better person than he was a player, and he was a Hall of Fame player. That tells you how good of a person he was.“

Incredible.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I almost wish there was something criminal to it; an elite athlete passing at that age makes me uncomfortable about my mortality. Like you start thinking about that next breath or heartbeat.

It‘s not quite Anthony Bourdain levels of pain from a celebrity death personally, but it’s close. DT was a great guy.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It has shocked me as well. I watched the game this morning and came on here to post about it, only then saw the news. Haven’t felt the need to post about anything NFL related since. Fecking hell, 33 years is just no age. RIP to one of the game’s greats on and off the field :(

RoadTrip

Is there any light yet on what happened? Or medically what he was dealing with? Sometimes you just get hit by some news, this is definitely one of those. Some of the tributes from fellow NFL players are moving. And the thing that’s stood out for me, is the significant number of players from all over the league who are not only paying tributes, but also how they each seem to have a personal experience with him outside of football. Some of the stories about how he was with kids in particular are incredible.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is there any light yet on what happened? Or medically what he was dealing with? Sometimes you just get hit by some news, this is definitely one of those. Some of the tributes from fellow NFL players are moving. And the thing that’s stood out for me, is the significant number of players from all over the league who are not only paying tributes, but also how they each seem to have a personal experience with him outside of football. Some of the stories about how he was with kids in particular are incredible.
Seizures, apparently. Died from one in his shower per his cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.