NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
So been recommended this to replace the hole left by F1, but haven't a clue who to get behind.
Who's the villain's, the underdogs, the favorites, the despised etc? Do I go for the glory fan, or @Grylte thumb sucking luck picking a side?
The New York Jets are a great team to get behind. Very knowledgeable and passionate fans.

SirAnderson

Welcome!
Couple of things:
Everyone hates the Cowboys.
If you want to see something similar to the F1 thread, just say Brady is NOT the GOAT.
Darn it, he's literally the only name I know :lol: (other than Kaepernick for obvious reasons) but does Brady play for the Cowboys now? He was with the New England Patriots or something right?

But okay, gimme more!

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Darn it, he's literally the only name I know :lol: (other than Kaepernick for obvious reasons) but does Brady play for the Cowboys now? He was with the New England Patriots or something right?

But okay, gimme more!
If I were you I’d pick the Washington Football Team. Ethical, in the US capital, one of the nicest organisation there is.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I see they being rekt 35-0, no thanks :lol:
I suffer enough with United currently.
Why not go for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? They have the GOAT (Brady) as their QB and they have extensive links to Manchester United.

Sandyman

But okay, gimme more!
@altodevil is our resident expert on all things Brady! Unbiased honest analysis!

Yeah he used to play for the Patriots and left them to join the Bucs. Fun fact - The Bucs are owned by our very own Glazers. Another reason not to pick them!
Anyways, Brady joins the Bucs and leads them to the Super Bowl victory while the Patriots have one of their worst seasons. Cue the narrative that their coach was being carried by Brady. But this season, that coach, Bill Belichick, is back with a vengeance.

If you thought what you saw in F1 was scripted, wait till these 2 teams meet for the Super Bowl - that's the final to determine who lifts the Cup.

SirAnderson

Piece of advice, don't be a Chargers fan. We're the equivalent of a Brighton or Norwich. Our most distinguishing thing of note, is having the best unis.
Yikes!

I'm looking for a sure bet for the playoffs and at least they should be appearing in the Super Bowl final, then the chips can fall where they may. :lol:

Cardinals look imperious, I assume they are overachieving this season?

RoadTrip

So alto is known for being anti-Brady.

Robin generally as the fantasy wizard.

What am I known as? Or am I just a nobody? (Would be fair enough) :lol:

SirAnderson

Why not go for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? They have the GOAT (Brady) as their QB and they have extensive links to Manchester United.
@altodevil is our resident expert on all things Brady! Unbiased honest analysis!

Yeah he used to play for the Patriots and left them to join the Bucs. Fun fact - The Bucs are owned by our very own Glazers. Another reason not to pick them!
Anyways, Brady joins the Bucs and leads them to the Super Bowl victory while the Patriots have one of their worst seasons. Cue the narrative that their coach was being carried by Brady. But this season, that coach, Bill Belichick, is back with a vengeance.

If you thought what you saw in F1 was scripted, wait till these 2 teams meet for the Super Bowl - that's the final to determine who lifts the Cup.
Ewwww Glazers :nervous:

Not so sure I can celebrate with them while United suffer :(

Sandyman

So alto is known for being anti-Brady.

Robin generally as the fantasy wizard.

What am I known as? Or am I just a nobody? (Would be fair enough) :lol:
Pro-Brady! :p

Tbf, you Pats fans are like Utd fans now - once great team that just sucks now so you lot aren't as active as you were before. Although things seem to be turning around this season.
Also, a fair amount of people would have switched teams along with Brady as well.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
So been recommended this to replace the hole left by F1, but haven't a clue who to get behind.
Who's the villain's, the underdogs, the favorites, the despised etc? Do I go for the glory fan, or @Grylte thumb sucking luck picking a side?
No clue about this sport, but i think the Cowboys will be a good shout.

What sport is this btw? I just clicked on the notification.

SirAnderson

Mate, just a word of caution, this is like the anti-F1 thread, no drama to be found :D
Darn, well there will at least be some tears come super bowl time right? hehe.

But I actually have been waiting to start watching the NFL. I thoroughly enjoyed the MLB this season, so thought I can give this a shot.
Helps that the games are Sunday evening at a decent-ish time, unlike the godforsaken times most MLB matches are for me here in South Africa.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Darn, well there will at least be some tears come super bowl time right? hehe.

But I actually have been waiting to start watching the NFL. I thoroughly enjoyed the MLB this season, so thought I can give this a shot.
Helps that the games are Sunday evening at a decent-ish time, unlike the godforsaken times most MLB matches are for me here in South Africa.
Welcome to the NFL either way, it's a great sport and league!

RoadTrip

Pro-Brady! :p

Tbf, you Pats fans are like Utd fans now - once great team that just sucks now so you lot aren't as active as you were before. Although things seem to be turning around this season.
Also, a fair amount of people would have switched teams along with Brady as well.
Say what?! I’m always active. Just not Sunday - Tuesday because I watch all games in 40 and I don’t like seeing scores!

Sandyman

@SirAnderson Pick the Philadelphia Eagles. We defeated the evil Empire [the Patriots] not too long ago. We are a bit irrelevant now and were a bit irrelevant before the SB win as well but we will be back. We also have the bestest fans in the NFL - hardcore support for the team despite not winning anything. We play in arguably the best division in the NFL - the NFC East - the only division where you stand a chance to qualify for the playoffs even with a losing record!

Oh, and we hate the Cowboys!

SirAnderson

@SirAnderson Pick the Philadelphia Eagles. We defeated the evil Empire [the Patriots] not too long ago. We are a bit irrelevant now and were a bit irrelevant before the SB win as well but we will be back. We also have the bestest fans in the NFL - hardcore support for the team despite not winning anything. We play in arguably the best division in the NFL - the NFC East - the only division where you stand a chance to qualify for the playoffs even with a losing record!

Oh, and we hate the Cowboys!
What did the Cowboys do? :lol:

Sandyman

Say what?! I’m always active. Just not Sunday - Tuesday because I watch all games in 40 and I don’t like seeing scores!
We all know that. Play by play commentary a day after all the games have ended. Maybe that's your thing :lol:

And was just speaking generally. There used to be a lot more Pats fans here with active discussions about how lucky Brady had been that week but now there's only 2-3 of you.

What did the Cowboys do? :lol:
Both teams just play in the same division so hate each other. Like Utd-Pool, Barca- Madrid etc.

RoadTrip

We all know that. Play by play commentary a day after all the games have ended. Maybe that's your thing :lol:

And was just speaking generally. There used to be a lot more Pats fans here with active discussions about how lucky Brady had been that week but now there's only 2-3 of you.

Both teams just play in the same division so hate each other. Like Utd-Pool, Barca- Madrid etc.
Haha yeah I get you. And yeah you’re right. And feck I must seem like a total loser :lol:

Jack-C20

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh I can breathe in here. No childish planks in this thread. Also absolutely no chance of the officials making questionable decisions affecting the outcome of a result, am I right?

Sandyman

I would watch red zone but then I can’t justify the fee for game pass. Now I also seem like a cheap skate :lol:
Nah that's one of the best things about GamePass. The amount of content you can access is ridiculous.

Sandyman

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh I can breathe in here. No childish planks in this thread. Also absolutely no chance of the officials making questionable decisions affecting the outcome of a result, am I right?
Unless it's Brady in the last 2 mins of the 4th quarter :wenger:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Eergh why is Sean Payton not wearing a hat? This is weird.

lsd

The Oracle

But okay, gimme more!

Brady plays for the Glazers ie Tampa Bay.

The referees play for Brady and are the hardest workers in the NFL as they throw their flags at any opponent daring to try and stop a Brady pass.

The Cowboys are hated because people are widely jealous of a team that have won nothing in years yet still have the highest fanbase and fans all over the country.

Cardinals are always a fun team to watch while the Browns, Titans and Broncos will bore you to tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.