NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
Has the potential to be great... just hope they let them go and some music exec doesn't come up with some "great idea"

How long does the half time show last? This is the first time I have been more interested in the half time show than the game.

I'm so looking forward to it I just wonder will Ice Cube make an appearance too

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I can’t remember the last time I watched a half-time show. That’s the time to tend to refreshing all the refreshments everyone else is distracted.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
A day to go until the best week of the playoffs (in my view) commences!

I think the Packers and Rams have slight edges on paper over their opponents. But really struggling with the Titans and Bills games. Such toss ups and really down to who plays their best games.

I would say that all the match ups are close though. So close that you wouldn’t really class a particular team winning as an “upset” even if against the odds. Perhaps the 49ers winning would be the biggest upset of the week.

Just hoping for some close games since the wildcard round disappointed on that front!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A day to go until the best week of the playoffs (in my view) commences!

I think the Packers and Rams have slight edges on paper over their opponents. But really struggling with the Titans and Bills games. Such toss ups and really down to who plays their best games.

I would say that all the match ups are close though. So close that you wouldn’t really class a particular team winning as an “upset” even if against the odds. Perhaps the 49ers winning would be the biggest upset of the week.

Just hoping for some close games since the wildcard round disappointed on that front!
Brandon Perna (runs a “Broncos” YouTube channel and podcast but it actually covers all the NFL) made the point the other day that any of the teams left now could realistically go on to win it all, which I’m not sure I 100% agree with (Niners) but it’s not a wild statement and sure speaks to how close these games are.

RoadTrip

Brandon Perna (runs a “Broncos” YouTube channel and podcast but it actually covers all the NFL) made the point the other day that any of the teams left now could realistically go on to win it all, which I’m not sure I 100% agree with (Niners) but it’s not a wild statement and sure speaks to how close these games are.
I think it’s a fair statement overall. I do think certain teams would be more realistic prospects than others. For example I think the Packers really are the favourites. And when the dust settles, if they don’t, they’d be most disappointed if they came up short. But if any of these teams win, with the exception of the 49ers, I would not be “surprised” as such.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Just 7 NFL games left this season. Makes me genuinely sad.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think the Rams might do to the Bradyneers what the Bucs did to Mahomes last year when he was running for his life. And while everyone seems to love the 9ers as dogs I don’t think that one will be close.

I have no idea what to think of the AFC games and wouldn’t put any money on them...maybe the under on Buf-KC just because that happens sometimes in the postseason when two great offenses meet.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The Bengals winning it all would be a major upset for me - not winning a playoff game in 31 years and not having made the playoffs for a long while, with a QB with just one full season under his belt, a HC without any real experience.

Then they'd have to beat the #1 seed on the road and then beat either Mahomes in KC or Josh Allen in Buffalo, and THEN go to the SB to take on any of the NFC teams (which would all be favourites against them imo), that would be some fecking story.

RoadTrip

I feel like each teams have weaknesses, but on their day can be sufficiently good to beat anyone.

Can the Packers defend the run well enough? If a team genuinely limits Adams, can the others step up enough?

Can the 49ers front get the same pressure rates with 4 against the best teams? Can Jimmy G avoid that catastrophic mistake? What happens if a team limits the run?

Are the Titans suddenly going to click given how few games that offence has played together with everyone fit? And just how fit is Henry? How will their bang average pass D hold up?

Can Burrows continue playing lights out to offset that D? Can the o-line protect him?

How well will Allen play, given how more than other teams the Bills go how he goes. Can they keep the balance with Singletary if the chips are down? Will missing White show up against the top teams?

Chiefs have beaten down on lesser teams recently, does that continue against better teams? How will their defence hold up as well? Is their uptick in play genuine enough?

Can the Bucs protect Brady with injuries in that line, and how much of an impact will injuries at skill positions ultimately impact them? Will someone expose that secondary again?

Will Stafford make too many mistakes to overcome? Can they get some balance with Akers back, and Michel?

RoadTrip

The Bengals winning it all would be a major upset for me - not winning a playoff game in 31 years and not having made the playoffs for a long while, with a QB with just one full season under his belt, a HC without any real experience.

Then they'd have to beat the #1 seed on the road and then beat either Mahomes in KC or Josh Allen in Buffalo, and THEN go to the SB to take on any of the NFC teams (which would all be favourites against them imo), that would be some fecking story.
That’s true. And at the start of the season did anyone really have them as competitive let alone in this round? In that context you’re right, definitely an upset. But then, if you ignore all of that jazz and just think about how that teams playing and their potential, in that context it wouldn’t be a huge shock to see them win these games.

RoadTrip

I think the Rams might do to the Bradyneers what the Bucs did to Mahomes last year when he was running for his life. And while everyone seems to love the 9ers as dogs I don’t think that one will be close.

I have no idea what to think of the AFC games and wouldn’t put any money on them...maybe the under on Buf-KC just because that happens sometimes in the postseason when two great offenses meet.
The Bucs one really is an interesting one. On the one hand you’ve got an elite pass rush. On the other a good o-line which should still be effective in some respects even if one of the two are not in the game. Also a passer in Brady who gets it out super fast, but on the other hand is missing key skill players in Godwin which might make it difficult to get it out quick. But then the Rams D can be caught on the run, as they sometimes over pursue the pass. But can the Bucs expose that if Fournette and Jones aren’t on top form?

That’s ignoring the other side of the ball which also has some big Qs. It’s a difficult one to figure out how it’ll all stack up as one element is stacked up on the outcome of others which creates so many permutations of how things could work out.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Bucs one really is an interesting one. On the one hand you’ve got an elite pass rush. On the other a good o-line which should still be effective in some respects even if one of the two are not in the game. Also a passer in Brady who gets it out super fast, but on the other hand is missing key skill players in Godwin which might make it difficult to get it out quick. But then the Rams D can be caught on the run, as they sometimes over pursue the pass. But can the Bucs expose that if Fournette and Jones aren’t on top form?

That’s ignoring the other side of the ball which also has some big Qs. It’s a difficult one to figure out how it’ll all stack up as one element is stacked up on the outcome of others which creates so many permutations of how things could work out.
Without a healthy Wirfs, if that is actually the case, I think they’re in some trouble. Unless Stafford gets all Detroit-ish I like the Rams to win.

lex talionis

Obvious underdogs, but I’m going with both the Niners and Rams to pull off glorious upsets.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

He did well in Buffalo (as the right hand, but still) to transform them into a powerhouse contender in only a few years time. Of course drafting a franchise QB never hurts.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

He did well in Buffalo (as the right hand, but still) to transform them into a powerhouse contender in only a few years time. Of course drafting a franchise QB never hurts.
First GM they have hired that hadn’t previously worked in the building since the 90’s. Hopefully it bodes well for my boy Yung Joka.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Going with Titans, Packers, Rams & Bills to win. Should be 4 very good games.

RoadTrip

I’m going with the below but wouldn’t be willing to bet a penny on any of them actually playing out:

Titans in a close game.
Packers by blow out.
Rams in a close game.
Bills in a close game.

Edit: thought I’d also include what results I want, though:

Bengals
49ers
Rams
Chiefs

Last edited:

RoadTrip

Ah me too - I don’t get many crashes in game but I do frequently get disconnected from my franchise mode now and again between games. It’s annoying but usually just click ok and load back in and it’s fine. Doesn’t appear to lose any save.

Also you should send me your PSN so I can whoop yo ass

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ah me too - I don’t get many crashes in game but I do frequently get disconnected from my franchise mode now and again between games. It’s annoying but usually just click ok and load back in and it’s fine. Doesn’t appear to lose any save.

Also you should send me your PSN so I can whoop yo ass
Haha you’d absolutely destroy me, let me get used to how it all works first. I’ve just completed my first season of Face of The Franchise and won the SB with the Jets but need to up the difficulty in year two as I shouldn’t have won all those games, the oppo teams were dropping picks etc.

RoadTrip

Haha you’d absolutely destroy me, let me get used to how it all works first. I’ve just completed my first season of Face of The Franchise and won the SB with the Jets but need to up the difficulty in year two as I shouldn’t have won all those games, the oppo teams were dropping picks etc.
Haha. I use sliders I found on a forum (operation sports forum?) which flex All-Pro difficulty.

They seem to be rated and realistic per reviews but I won the SB in the first year with the Broncos going 14-3 in the regular season with Bridgewater throwing 60 TDs… but it’s really the ease of running which made it unrealistic. So need to try remediating that but my run blocking slider is already on like 15. So maybe need to go to All-Madden.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Apparently Grayson is questionable for the Bucs, so expect Evans to carry a lot of the burden, with Tyler Johnson getting more targets than usual. Gronk and Fournette (assuming he plays) will also get a fair share of balls. Too bad Perriman is out.

gormless

Haha. I use sliders I found on a forum (operation sports forum?) which flex All-Pro difficulty.

They seem to be rated and realistic per reviews but I won the SB in the first year with the Broncos going 14-3 in the regular season with Bridgewater throwing 60 TDs… but it’s really the ease of running which made it unrealistic. So need to try remediating that but my run blocking slider is already on like 15. So maybe need to go to All-Madden.
All Madden doesn’t increase the difficulty. It just makes the game cheat. All-pro with modified sliders is the way forward

Status
Not open for further replies.