NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Losing Brees and Payton in a 12 month period is too much to bear. I understand when he says his heart isn't in it anymore. It's totally fair enough. He completely changed the culture in New Orleans. I can't believe it man.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Losing Brees and Payton in a 12 month period is too much to bear. I understand when he says his heart isn't in it anymore. It's totally fair enough. He completely changed the culture in New Orleans. I can't believe it man.
If it isn’t in him anymore, there’s not really much that can be done sadly. As you say, him and Brees changed the whole thing. And he leaves a decent squad behind, albeit in need of some TLC at the QB spot. The salary cap problem is significant, though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

popcorn.gif
I think he was on Brandon Marshall's podcast talking about his affinity for Lamar yesterday. Truth be told, any team where the TE is the leading receiver could probably use some additional help at receiver.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If it isn’t in him anymore, there’s not really much that can be done sadly. As you say, him and Brees changed the whole thing. And he leaves a decent squad behind, albeit in need of some TLC at the QB spot. The salary cap problem is significant, though.
We can get around the salary cap with clever restructuring. I had hoped Loomis could work some.magic and somehow create enough cap space to absorb Wilson's contract but I don't think there's chance he's coming here without Payton. So it looks like we might just have to pay Winston or go after Kenny Pickett or Matt Corral in the draft.

Forever grateful to Payton though. This one hit me harder than Brees because we saw that one coming.

mav_9me

Also surprised at the number of people who don't want chiefs to win.

I thought Mahomes was universally liked.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
As expected, Leftwich is the Jags new coach. There’s probably no one more qualified to work empathetically with a young QB who struggled after coming into the league with high expectations.

Hackett’s interview in Denver went a few hours long, resulting in monitoring the delay of the private jet full-on Caf transfer-tracking style. But Quinn is still getting a 2nd interview and O’Connell is still in the playoffs.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

They're not a particularly likable team in general, probably because Mahomes has been anointed the chosen one in the press in recent years and they don't really have any discernable stars other than Hill and Kelce (with Hill being a serial wife beater and child abuser).

RoadTrip

I never used to like Rodgers much, but it was largely passive and because a friend who got into the NFL at a similar time to me supports Green Bay. But man, every passing day he just becomes more and more dislikeable.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Apparently under the current rules, teams that won the coin toss in the POs are 10-1. That's a far cry from the it's still a 50/50 chance argument.
Surprised no one has posted this data. Unless I missed it.

:wenger:

It's big enough of a sample size to prove that the current rules are disproportionate for at least the playoffs imo. I can understand that it basically drops down to "around 50/50" if you include the regular season because there's teams like the Giants, Jets, Jags, Lions, ... who simply don't get a TD on one possession all that often. For a high-powered offense, knowing that they can end it with a TD, and knowing there's a great offense on the sideline that they wanna keep there, the stakes are just different.

Mike Smalling

Mahomes is extremely annoying. Tyreek Hill beats women. Tyrann Mathieu is certainly also a bit of a scrote. Oh, and their team name is only marginally better than 'Redskins' (I'm actually surprised it isn't talked about more).

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Mahomes is extremely annoying. Tyreek Hill beats women. Tyrann Mathieu is certainly also a bit of a scrote. Oh, and their team name is only marginally better than 'Redskins' (I'm actually surprised it isn't talked about more).
Wut? Mathieu is awesome! Only really like him and Kelce from the Chiefs.

They've hosted four straight AFC Championships now. It's not that I hate them or anything, it's just already become a bit boring by now and I want to see other teams involved, usually rooting for the underdogs anyway. I don't mind the Chiefs in the playoffs and competing but it sure would be nice if Mahomes gets his ass kicked from time to time.

Mike Smalling

Wut? Mathieu is awesome! Only really like him and Kelce from the Chiefs.

They've hosted four straight AFC Championships now. It's not that I hate them or anything, it's just already become a bit boring by now and I want to see other teams involved, usually rooting for the underdogs anyway. I don't mind the Chiefs in the playoffs and competing but it sure would be nice if Mahomes gets his ass kicked from time to time.
He is a great player, but I get serious Scrappy Doo vibes from Mathieu.

And I agree that KC have gotten pretty boring. I would love to see Mahomes slapped around by Von Miller and Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl (if it comes to that).

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
KC are basically the new Pats if they win it again.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't mind the Chiefs at all. I get the OTT Mahomes narrative can be a little much, but I'd still much rather they won the SB than annoying NFC teams.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I don't mind the Chiefs at all. I get the OTT Mahomes narrative can be a little much, but I'd still much rather they won the SB than annoying NFC teams.
Actually, I would prefer all the other teams to win it. Rather the 49ers, Bengals or Rams - all day long.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Actually, I would prefer all the other teams to win it. Rather the 49ers, Bengals or Rams - all day long.
Bengals, absolutely. That would be wonderful to watch. The other two, the thought of it alone is nauseating.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Nothing wrong with the Rams or Niners imo. I'd like the Niners to win it after their heartbreak two years ago. Rams should've done better that season as well. McVay is an excellent young HC, the Stafford redemption narrative is cool, and their star players are likeable imo (at least guys like OBJ, Kupp, Miller, Ramsey, Withworth, ...).

Bengals would be amazing as well, with a sophomore QB whose team was 2-14 before he arrived and who tore his ACL in his rookie season. With a WR who's probably gonna dominate the league for the next few years.

It goes Bengals > Rams > Niners > Chiefs for me.

RoadTrip

Nothing wrong with the Rams or Niners imo. I'd like the Niners to win it after their heartbreak two years ago. Rams should've done better that season as well. McVay is an excellent young HC, the Stafford redemption narrative is cool, and their star players are likeable imo (at least guys like OBJ, Kupp, Miller, Ramsey, Withworth, ...).

Bengals would be amazing as well, with a sophomore QB whose team was 2-14 before he arrived and who tore his ACL in his rookie season. With a WR who's probably gonna dominate the league for the next few years.

The same order of preference for me too.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I actually don't mind the chiefs being perennial winners, at least their QB is legit.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

If the NFC had produced other teams than Niners, Rams, Bucs and Packers, that would have been great. Those 4 teams plus the Vikings are the teams I'd hate to see win anything. Cards would have been a brilliant NFC team to cheer for.

As it is, the AFC is my saviour so Bengals > Chiefs then probably the Rams if I was forced to pick one.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

I’m fully on board the Rams train now, so swap them and the Bengals and I’m the same.

RoadTrip

I actually don't mind the chiefs being perennial winners, at least their QB is legit.
In other words, you REALLY need someone else to get into GOAT contention ASAP because every living day that Brady is generally considered the GOAT a little more of you dies inside :lol:

In all seriousness though, the stuff Mahomes does... makes Rodgers look old-gen. And, he just has that x-factor of getting his team over the line to win, no matter what. 4 straight AFC championship games, in essentially his first 4 years as a starter, is something else. The only real question mark is how his franchise continues to rip apart teams and rebuild them around him over the next 2 decades. If they do that successfully, it's crazy what he could achieve. All of a sudden Brady's number of rings look chaseable.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's such a precious soul. He's acting like he's the only unvaxed QB. There's reportedly quite a few and nobody is rooting against the others for it. Difference is, he's the only one yammering on about it and continually putting a target on himself by saying stupid shit. He is so desperate to be 'cancelled'.

RoadTrip

He's such a precious soul. He's acting like he's the only unvaxed QB. There's reportedly quite a few and nobody is rooting against the others for it. Difference is, he's the only one yammering on about it and continually putting a target on himself by saying stupid shit. He is so desperate to be 'cancelled'.
Perhaps it’s his way of coming to terms with the fact he isn’t the NFL’s golden darling QB anymore. If he can convince himself it all goes wrong because he’s been cancelled, then maybe he can convince himself it’s not because he has failed to deliver again.

mav_9me

Perhaps it’s his way of coming to terms with the fact he isn’t the NFL’s golden darling QB anymore. If he can convince himself it all goes wrong because he’s been cancelled, then maybe he can convince himself it’s not because he has failed to deliver again.
Precisely. Rationalization.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Indeed. I think Cousins was also not vaccinated, but the only report out there was he's out 10 days, no one batted an eyelid and it went past without any consternation whatsoever.

Maybe that's because it's Cousins, but still :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That's really what it is. He's gagging for it.

lsd

The Oracle

It's basically Tyreek Hill for me. He should have been kicked out of the league.

I read Josh Gordon is in their practice squad . Thought he is was away

Status
Not open for further replies.