NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

Indeed. I think Cousins was also not vaccinated, but the only report out there was he's out 10 days, no one batted an eyelid and it went past without any consternation whatsoever.

Maybe that's because it's Cousins, but still :lol:
While that's true he could make a similar big deal out of it and grift some if he wanted.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

Hero.
I dunno if you’re being sarcastic or not but it is still worth pointing out how polar opposites the reactions have been between Brady and Rodgers. I suppose easier to do when you’ve already won so much, but still. I’m sure Rodgers has thanked people but when it’s conversation driven by him these days, it’s only been about him. It’s easy to see why the guy doesn’t galvanise those around him.

Mike Smalling

I dunno if you’re being sarcastic or not but it is still worth pointing out how polar opposites the reactions have been between Brady and Rodgers. I suppose easier to do when you’ve already won so much, but still. I’m sure Rodgers has thanked people but when it’s conversation driven by him these days, it’s only been about him. It’s easy to see why the guy doesn’t galvanise those around him.
It was mostly a little dig at the Brady haters - I quite like the guy.

On the different reactions to Brady and Rodgers, it is really two different situations. Rodgers is considering whether he wants to return to Green Bay (which was the same last off-season), whereas Brady is considering whether to retire from the sport. Brady isn't holding the organization hostage like Rodgers has done. With Rodgers you also get the sense that he would likely be worth more to the Packers in draft picks if they trade him - especially given his recent play-off failures.

I'm not entirely sure about Rodgers' leadership abilities. They are not as obvious as Brady's, but his teammates still tend to speak very highly of him.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It was mostly a little dig at the Brady haters - I quite like the guy.

On the different reactions to Brady and Rodgers, it is really two different situations. Rodgers is considering whether he wants to return to Green Bay (which was the same last off-season), whereas Brady is considering whether to retire from the sport. Brady isn't holding the organization hostage like Rodgers has done. With Rodgers you also get the sense that he would likely be worth more to the Packers in draft picks if they trade him - especially given his recent play-off failures.

I'm not entirely sure about Rodgers' leadership abilities. They are not as obvious as Brady's, but his teammates still tend to speak very highly of him.
Brady made Patriots trade away JG. He is a better hostage taker than Rodgers ever will be.

Mike Smalling

Brady made Patriots trade away JG. He is a better hostage taker than Rodgers ever will be.
Just one of the many things he does better than Rodgers then. That trade turned out to be a pretty good decision too, I would say. Brady went on to win the Patriots another Super Bowl, and it's not like Jimmy G. turned out to be a world beater. Actually Mac Jones has almost identical stats to Jimmy G. this season.

altodevil

Just one of the many things he does better than Rodgers then. That trade turned out to be a pretty good decision too, I would say. Brady went on to win the Patriots another Super Bowl, and it's not like Jimmy G. turned out to be a world beater. Actually Mac Jones has almost identical stats to Jimmy G. this season.
Agreed that it was a good trade

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who do people in here support? I lnow a few Niners, Packers and Patriot fans, but I have no idea the teams the majority of you follow.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I presume you can tell I’m patriots - list of the ones I know …

@Charlie Foley is 49ers
@Organic Potatoes @Rado_N Broncos and maybe @Raoul too? But not sure.
@RobinLFC IS Texans (l o l)

Will do more posts so tags work…
To hell with that :lol: I didn't watch a single Texans game this season, unlikely to change in the near future. I got most affinity with the Saints last season (because of my never-ending Alvin Kamara love mostly) but I guess that will wane pretty quickly if they suck next season as well.

I wish I had a proper team to support, but I can't really get into one specific franchise at the moment, unfortunately. Actually hoping that will change someday.

RoadTrip

To hell with that :lol: I didn't watch a single Texans game this season, unlikely to change in the near future. I got most affinity with the Saints last season (because of my never-ending Alvin Kamara love mostly) but I guess that will wane pretty quickly if they suck next season as well.

I wish I had a proper team to support, but I can't really get into one specific franchise at the moment, unfortunately. Actually hoping that will change someday.
Nah mate, you 100% definitely support the Texans :lol: - at least you did!

RoadTrip

From the regular posts per the “who replied?” The ones I’m not 100% sure are

Tiber
Mike Smalling
Carolina Red
NasirTimothy
BeforeKeanetherewasRobson
DuaFC
RooneyLegend
Man of Leisure
Carl
Scarlett Dracarys
Desert Eagle

Anyone else on the first page not already covered!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Mahomes is extremely annoying. Tyreek Hill beats women. Tyrann Mathieu is certainly also a bit of a scrote. Oh, and their team name is only marginally better than 'Redskins' (I'm actually surprised it isn't talked about more).
Well that’s just crazy talk...WFT’s was way, way worse.

As for not liking KC for reasons other than jealousy: you have Hill, Hunt, Reid’s son, the murder + suicide by a player of the mother of his baby child, etc. Also their traditionally smaller rabid fan base is like a less lovable version of the Bills’, despite KC burnt ends >>> Buffalo Wings.

altodevil

Also GB ain't my team - just a soft spot. I have a similar soft spot for the Giants due to their stellar work in 07 and 11.

The team I support is AFC and will remain secret. Happy for you to put GB in your list though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

As for not liking KC for reasons other than jealousy: you have Hill, Hunt, Reid’s son, the murder + suicide by a player of the mother of his baby child, etc. Also their traditionally smaller rabid fan base is like a less lovable version of the Bills’, despite KC burnt ends >>> Buffalo Wings.
Washingtons name was defo worse, but KC fans doing “the chop” is bloody awful.

Mike Smalling

Redskins was worse, sure, but both basically come down to: "Look at us - we're Indians". Especially, when you add the chop and the chant. The most popular mascots in American sports are scary animals and native Americans. It's messed up.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Niners (my dad was a fan of Montana and played him in football videogame on the Amiga pc!?)

lsd

The Oracle
Redskins was worse, sure, but both basically come down to: "Look at us - we're Indians". Especially, when you add the chop and the chant. The most popular mascots in American sports are scary animals and native Americans. It's messed up.

Weird I have been wondering why Kansas never get any flak for their name and the Chop thing.

Do they get criticised and asked to change?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
And I’m done - what a waste of 5-10 minutes :lol:

I hope you’re grateful @WeePat
Thanks pal, that was great. There are quite a few Patriots, Packers and Broncos fans, but there seems to be a pretty good spread of teams, successful or otherwise. Surprised by the scarcity of Steelers and Cowboys fans. Thought I'd see more of them.

Mike Smalling

Weird I have been wondering why Kansas never get any flak for their name and the Chop thing.

Do they get criticised and asked to change?
There has been criticism, and I think they have even made smaller changes like banning face paint and feather headdresses among fans. I wouldn't say that solves the problem, but I don't think they are under nearly the same pressure as Washington was, so can't see them changing it any time soon.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
From the regular posts per the “who replied?” The ones I’m not 100% sure are

Tiber
Mike Smalling
Carolina Red
NasirTimothy
BeforeKeanetherewasRobson
DuaFC
RooneyLegend
Man of Leisure
Carl
Scarlett Dracarys
Desert Eagle

Anyone else on the first page not already covered!
@Tiber is Dolphins, @Carolina Red Broncos, @Duafc Patriots(?), @RooneyLegend Patriots, @Carl Cowboys and @Desert Eagle is Niners, at least that's what I remember about them.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Kamara will be a Saints player for years to come so you might as well make yourself comfortable and call yourself a Saints fan. You can only lie to yourself about what your heart wants for so long before you accept reality, so might as well do it now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.