NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

manutddjw

Seahawks cancelled the Kaep workout over whether he would continue kneeling. Ravens chose not to go for him. They crowdsourced their fans to see how they would feel and later decided against it. Look at Mike Brown and Eric Reid too. The fact that others get second chances just shows the owners care less about wife beaters or scumbags than they do someone daring to point out the systematic violence of the US police. “Shut up and entertain me.”
He completed his workout and no deal was signed. Pete Carroll who was one of his biggest advocates expressed his regret that they couldn’t come to terms and admitted that other teams asked about his workout which again teams are showing interest.

the ravens survey was taken before he was brought in.Ray Lewis has gone on record saying had his girlfriend not sent that tweet out, they would’ve signed him (they signed RG3 instead). If you’re trying to get signed why send a tweet like that?

i see no one has responded to the public workout shenanigans or his own agent demanding 20 million to play in the XFL. Maybe he did want to play, but demanding a starting role or huge salary isn’t being blackballed. Nearly half the league was kneeling at one point and none of them were blackballed.

RooneyLegend

Hope Rodgers leaves the Packers, then maybe people will realize just how mediocre that team is.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Patton has no shame, stealing Vikings staff like that.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...dan-campbell-jokes-bringing-pet-lion-practice
If bringing a Super Bowl to Detroit required losing an arm than new Lions head coach Dan Campbell says he would be armless. Although Campbell has yet to coach an actual game in Motown, the first-year sideline leader is already making an early case as one of the most entertaining coaches in the league with his off-the-cuff style.

On Sunday, Campbell made a guest appearance on the "Pardon My Take" podcast on which he shared an idea that he actually presented to Lions owner Sheila Ford Hamp about having a pet lion around the team's practice facility.

"I don't think we're going to be able to do it, but I would love to literally just have a pet lion. Just a legit pet lion on a chain, a big ass chain, and he really is my pet," Campbell said on the podcast. "We just walk around the building, we go out to practice, we're at seven-on-seven, we're behind the kicker when he's kicking. There we are."

Campbell further imagined that the lion would be "on command." Campbell joked that if a position group wasn't performing well, he could have the lion relieve itself in front of the group.

"I mean, think about it," he said. "That would be outstanding."

Campbell also made national headlines during his introductory news conference in January, notably with his impromptu answers that included his vision for the team being tough enough to "bite a kneecap off." The lion reference was just the latest example, although he doubts it'll ever happen.

"The problem is I don't know if PETA's gonna to allow that, though. It's gonna be hard," Campbell said. "Believe me though we would take great care of it. It would be fed well, it would be petted, it would be manicured. I might end up losing an arm because of it, but that would be even better because it would validate what, this is a freaking, this a creature now. This is an animal. This thing, this is from the wild."
:lol: @Eboue

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...dan-campbell-jokes-bringing-pet-lion-practice
If bringing a Super Bowl to Detroit required losing an arm than new Lions head coach Dan Campbell says he would be armless. Although Campbell has yet to coach an actual game in Motown, the first-year sideline leader is already making an early case as one of the most entertaining coaches in the league with his off-the-cuff style.

On Sunday, Campbell made a guest appearance on the "Pardon My Take" podcast on which he shared an idea that he actually presented to Lions owner Sheila Ford Hamp about having a pet lion around the team's practice facility.

"I don't think we're going to be able to do it, but I would love to literally just have a pet lion. Just a legit pet lion on a chain, a big ass chain, and he really is my pet," Campbell said on the podcast. "We just walk around the building, we go out to practice, we're at seven-on-seven, we're behind the kicker when he's kicking. There we are."

Campbell further imagined that the lion would be "on command." Campbell joked that if a position group wasn't performing well, he could have the lion relieve itself in front of the group.

"I mean, think about it," he said. "That would be outstanding."

Campbell also made national headlines during his introductory news conference in January, notably with his impromptu answers that included his vision for the team being tough enough to "bite a kneecap off." The lion reference was just the latest example, although he doubts it'll ever happen.

"The problem is I don't know if PETA's gonna to allow that, though. It's gonna be hard," Campbell said. "Believe me though we would take great care of it. It would be fed well, it would be petted, it would be manicured. I might end up losing an arm because of it, but that would be even better because it would validate what, this is a freaking, this a creature now. This is an animal. This thing, this is from the wild."
:lol: @Eboue
https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2007/08/22/hero-for-our-time-marques-grand-marques-slocum

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was being interviewed for an internal position by these two fellas from Atlanta. I asked them what time it was over there because it was 28 past 3 over here. I hope I didn't blow it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They signed the wrong Campbell after all. Interesting that they could not prise a coach away from a middle of the pack college team with that contract.

lsd

The Oracle
‘Bearded lady’ is spot on...

It just seems so crazy signing a player years past his prime and in a position he has never played professionally.

Such a kick in the teeth for every tight end struggling to get on a team right now.

I thought the Cowboys were going crazy when there were rumours of them signing Dez Bryant as a tight end but he would be Shannon Sharpe there compared to Tebow

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I can see Tebow making the squad despite not earning it, total "dad coach" move most known in the little league/pee wee circuits.

Spears is having none of it thought. Telling the truth that Tebow's rah rah bullshit won't work having failed in the league, been out of it for many years, and being a coach's boy.

One of the insider reporters was saying a strong GM would never have approved this signing but this shows who has the power there.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
30 teams already have approval to start preseason games at 100% capacity, with Indy and Denver being the other two (with a clear path to approval before August) :drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Been a pro for almost as long as I'm living ffs :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Anyone want to wager a guess on where Julio will end up? I’m guessing San Francisco because why not? There’s some sort of magnet out there in the NFC West.

Though if he goes to the Pats and (separately of course) Tua comes good, the AFC East might start looking almost as difficult.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He’ll end up at KC because they always seem to find a way to get stronger the last few years.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I just wanted to say that I love Marshawn Lynch, what a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.