Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

I thought they had like, no cap space at all? :confused:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I thought they had like, no cap space at all? :confused:
It starts next year. While they are already in the red for 2022, depending on the structure of the contract it's possible that he gets a lower cap number than his current 11m in 2022.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Broncos to be sold?
That’d be quite a big deal - not quite the Saudis buying United level - but with the NFL so big these days it would put comparable ones like the Panthers or Dodgers to shame. I hope the last guy mentioned in this twitter thread, Robert F. Smith, is interested.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Wonder they'll investigate the team's culture at franchises owned by Robert Kraft or Jerry Jones too...

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Forbes values Denver at $3.2 billion. Guess it depends on the number of buyers and all. Pat paid $78 million in 1984, so it's all profit to the heirs. They'd probably take $3 billion but could see it going as high as $4 billion perhaps, if they want to sell of course. https://milehighsports.com/broncos-estimated-3-2-billion-future-of-ownership/

On a side note, found this interesting tidbit on Elway. It should have been apparent to him that franchise values were rising and being a part owner (if desired) was worth more than the value of the percentage of ownership and cash in hand. Perhaps 'ol John boy needed the cash at the time or was smitten on that ponzi scheme. https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/ceos/pat-bowlen-net-worth/
John Elway Ownership Offer: In 1998, as Elway's career was winding down, Bowlen approached the legendary quarterback with a two-part offer:
Part 1) Bowlen would sell John a 10% stake in the Broncos for $15 million.
Part 2) If John agreed to forgo his deferred salary, he would be given an additional 10% equity stake in the team. At the time John was owed $21 million in deferred salary. So in other words, if John chipped in $15 million of his own cash and gave up $21 million in future earnings, he would own 20% of the Broncos. John declined and opted for the money upfront instead. Tragically, he then invested around $15 million in what turned out to be a ponzi scheme, wiping out $7 million almost immediately. As of 2019, the Broncos are worth an estimated $2.7 billion. Had John taken the deal, today his 20% stake would be worth $540 million.

Tiber

The NFL off-season is so long. Can't wait for games to start again

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Especially when you get your game pass notifications for next years subs. Best part of a £150, and there's nothing to watch at the moment. They need to time it better!
Yeah that got me proper excited as well already :lol:

NFL timing is excellent imo - you're just about to get a little depressed that summer is truly over but then you've got all the games to look forward to each week. The offseason moves along quicker than I think it will during the season, after the SB it's a bit of quiet, then the build-up to the draft, then a bit of quiet with some deals and trades, and before you know it it's TEN SUNDAYS TILL NFL REDZONEEEEE.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Dallas on this year's Hard Knocks

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Forbes values Denver at $3.2 billion. Guess it depends on the number of buyers and all. Pat paid $78 million in 1984, so it's all profit to the heirs. They'd probably take $3 billion but could see it going as high as $4 billion perhaps, if they want to sell of course. https://milehighsports.com/broncos-estimated-3-2-billion-future-of-ownership/

On a side note, found this interesting tidbit on Elway. It should have been apparent to him that franchise values were rising and being a part owner (if desired) was worth more than the value of the percentage of ownership and cash in hand. Perhaps 'ol John boy needed the cash at the time or was smitten on that ponzi scheme. https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/ceos/pat-bowlen-net-worth/
John Elway Ownership Offer: In 1998, as Elway's career was winding down, Bowlen approached the legendary quarterback with a two-part offer:
Part 1) Bowlen would sell John a 10% stake in the Broncos for $15 million.
Part 2) If John agreed to forgo his deferred salary, he would be given an additional 10% equity stake in the team. At the time John was owed $21 million in deferred salary. So in other words, if John chipped in $15 million of his own cash and gave up $21 million in future earnings, he would own 20% of the Broncos. John declined and opted for the money upfront instead. Tragically, he then invested around $15 million in what turned out to be a ponzi scheme, wiping out $7 million almost immediately. As of 2019, the Broncos are worth an estimated $2.7 billion. Had John taken the deal, today his 20% stake would be worth $540 million.
I was looking into this general topic since it came up, and was surprised to see Denver so high on the Forbes most valuable sports franchises. I thought we’d be behind either of the big London clubs, but we’re tied at 25th with Chelsea and ahead of Arsenal.

11th in the NFL as well, so I don’t feel much danger of moving in the instance of new ownership.
Forbes

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
feck sake, another Jerry show, they were on All Or Nothing recently, why not show us a team we’ve not seen on these things before?
I imagine it is up to the teams in question whether or not they want to be featured. Plus Dallas will be huge ratings for HBO so that factors into it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I imagine it is up to the teams in question whether or not they want to be featured. Plus Dallas will be huge ratings for HBO so that factors into it.
Teams are able to volunteer but the league can force them if:

- they’ve not been on the show in the last 10 years
- they’ve not made the playoffs in the last 3 years
- they don’t have a first year head coach.

Eligible teams this year were Dallas, Denver, Carolina, Arizona and NYG.

lsd

The Oracle
feck sake, another Jerry show, they were on All Or Nothing recently, why not show us a team we’ve not seen on these things before?

They would rather show a team that people are interested in i guess, it was either Dallas or boredom teams

lsd

The Oracle
Plenty of people are interested in the Carolina rebuild, and Rhule is twice the character McCarthy is.

I don't think I could watch Carolina if my son played for them.

Cowboys will always bring in the biggest ratings and drama.

Non fans will watch the Cowboys very few noon fans would watch any other team.

It's like a documentary on Leeds or Spurs it's strictly for games of that club and a few others whereas a show on United will have so many non fans watching.

Dallas are the Manchester United of NFL they will always get the most ratings and clicks even if it's people just looking to hate on them

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't think I could watch Carolina if my son played for them.

Cowboys will always bring in the biggest ratings and drama.

Non fans will watch the Cowboys very few noon fans would watch any other team.

It's like a documentary on Leeds or Spurs it's strictly for games of that club and a few others whereas a show on United will have so many non fans watching.

Dallas are the Manchester United of NFL they will always get the most ratings and clicks even if it's people just looking to hate on them
That’s obviously not true though because loads of less popular teams have been on Hard Knocks and been well received.

The Texans was one of the best seasons of the show ffs and nobody gives a shit about them!

lsd

The Oracle
That’s obviously not true though because loads of less popular teams have been on Hard Knocks and been well received.

The Texans was one of the best seasons of the show ffs and nobody gives a shit about them!

There will always be the few that watch all these shows not I'm sure the vast majority are just fans of the particular club that is on.

Same as the Man City Spurs docs. Some others may have watched but it would have been mainly just City and Spurs fans

The Cowboys and United though would always be different as a lot more neutral viewers would tune in. They get the most media coverage for that reason and will always be the ones that these shows want to to chase.

Even if it is just to hate on them people will watch and that is ratings gold

Besides the All Or Nothing show can't count as they were so bad that year most Cowboys fans couldn't watch it.

Give us another chance to have a decent year on these types of shows :lol:

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine

Just Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay discussing Shanahan's play-calling versus the Patriots in the second half of Super Bowl LI and the decision to thow instead of run on the Malcolm Butler pick in Super Bowl XLIX.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
thank you. great vid.
Seahawks should've still run it

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Anyone know roughly what date London tickets go on sale?

roseguy64

Teams are able to volunteer but the league can force them if:

- they’ve not been on the show in the last 10 years
- they’ve not made the playoffs in the last 3 years
- they don’t have a first year head coach.

Eligible teams this year were Dallas, Denver, Carolina, Arizona and NYG.
Would have preferred seeing Arizona or NYG.

JJ12

Desperate news regarding Barkevious Mingo

Carolina Red

Staff
Somewhat off topic, but if you’re wondering what pro football movie is the most accurate… I work with a guy who was in the League from 09-16 and he told me tonight that Any Given Sunday is the one.

JJ12

Somewhat off topic, but if you’re wondering what pro football movie is the most accurate… I work with a guy who was in the League from 09-16 and he told me tonight that Any Given Sunday is the one.
Who is it?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

"Burglary domestic violence", is that attacking someone who entered your own house or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.