NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina Red

Staff

"Burglary domestic violence", is that attacking someone who entered your own house or what?
Attacking someone for entering your house is legal.

Burglary domestic violence means someone entered and refused to leave a house or car or whatnot that belongs to the couple or their significant other

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Denied bail seems odd for the charge and I would have wagered he would be released on his own recognizance. Perhaps when a DV is charged/involved bail is denied initially.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Have the criminal allegations against Deshaun Watson been dropped? I wonder if he gets suspended until the outcome of the allegations is determined.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Have the criminal allegations against Deshaun Watson been dropped? I wonder if he gets suspended until the outcome of the allegations is determined.
No, they are negotiating and it won’t go to court until next year. They might be working on a settlement, in which case even if he’s absolved of the charges he could still get hit with a 4-6 game suspension. Or if it drags on, I’m guessing the commissioner’s exempt list might be in his future.

gormless

Denied bail seems odd for the charge and I would have wagered he would be released on his own recognizance. Perhaps when a DV is charged/involved bail is denied initially.
According to someone on Reddit

“I'm a public defender in Seattle. Everyone is denied bail until their first appearance hearing. Given the time when he was arrested, he likely won't have his hearing until tomorrow afternoon. At that point bail will be set, and I'd imagine the media will be present for that hearing. We'll know much more by then. But as of now being denied bail says nothing about the seriousness of the charges.”

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Attacking someone for entering your house is legal.

Burglary domestic violence means someone entered and refused to leave a house or car or whatnot that belongs to the couple or their significant other
Cheers.

Weird one - he always came across as an intelligent person.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I read this which seems to give a clearer overview of the events:

https://www.knbr.com/2021/07/14/pol...ed-events-leading-to-richard-shermans-arrest/

There has been a flurry of information out Wednesday morning about former 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman, who was arrested early in the morning under investigation for potential charges of domestic violence residential burglary, DUI, hit-and-run and malicious mischief.

There was clarity and detail brought to the situation, which only contains a domestic violence due to the relationships involved, and based on the police breakdown of events, is much more a case of impaired and reckless driving.

Redmond, Washington Police chief Darrell Lowe and Washington State Patrol Captain Ron Mead held a joint press conference to provide detailed information on the arrest.

It began by Sherman allegedly driving his car into a construction site and crashing it into a median on a State Route 520 off ramp around 1 a.m. At that point, Mead said construction workers contacted police to report a possible impaired driver. The vehicle was driven off the exit ramp and parked.

According to Mead, there was significant damage to the driver’s side of the car, which has since been impounded. One of the tires of the vehicle nearly separated from the car and Mead said, “the vehicle was operated until it literally couldn’t operate any longer.”

Upon being called, police tracked down the vehicle, at which point they discovered it was registered to Sherman, and identified a relevant Redmond address which belongs to Sherman’s wife, Ashley Moss’s parents. Police erroneously stated initially that it was the address of Sherman’s ex-in-laws, which is incorrect.

Police do not know, but suspect that Sherman then walked to the Redmond address, at which point he had a verbal altercation with his in-laws, discernibly to get them to let him enter the home. After that, Sherman allegedly tried to break in through the front door, which is when his in-laws called the police. The damage caused to the door may result in charges for malicious mischief.

When police arrived, they allege their interaction with Sherman remained cordial for about 10 minutes as Mead said Sherman talked with an officer who knew Sherman formally from a valet job. When they told Sherman that he would be under arrest, that’s when they say his attitude changed and he resisted, which they allege resulted in minor injuries to two police officers. At that point in time, they deployed a K9 in order to aid the arrest of Sherman, which resulted in what they termed a “minor laceration” to Sherman’s leg.

Sherman has since been booked in King County Correctional Facility in Seattle. Police confirmed that Sherman will remain there at least until he appears in court for the first time tomorrow, when he will be formally charged.

Sherman’s wife, Ashley Moss told the Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta that no one was harmed in the incident.

“At this time we’re going to make no statements, except he didn’t harm anybody,” Moss said. “My kids were not harmed in the incident. He’s a good person and this is not his character. We’re doing all right, just trying to get him out. I want people to know no one was injured.”

Police confirmed that, saying that the reason the charge of “domestic violence residential burglary” is involved is due to the relationship between Sherman and his in-laws. They said no one in the home or in Sherman’s family was harmed during the incident and no physical contact was made. But because of that distinction, Sherman has to meet with a judge before a bail can be set, thus the overnight stay.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s clearly not good at all but those charge titles are massively misleading.

Also is it just me or does “malicious mischief” sound kinda hilarious?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It’s clearly not good at all but those charge titles are massively misleading.

Also is it just me or does “malicious mischief” sound kinda hilarious?
What is an example of malicious mischief :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff
A really sad, interesting story developing around Richard Sherman.

Also, Dwayne Haskins’ wife has caught a charge for attacking him, resulting in her splitting his lip and knocking out a tooth.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Saw this story today. He’s not showing any signs or anything so far as I’m aware but it never hurts to raise the subject.

I did wonder about it when reading the Sherman news. Not sure how often he TOOK hits though as much as dished them out.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

Saw this story today. He’s not showing any signs or anything so far as I’m aware but it never hurts to raise the subject.

I did wonder about it when reading the Sherman news. Not sure how often he TOOK hits though as much as dished them out.
Yeah, when you see someone who is quite clearly intelligent and, at least in all aspects of how I’ve seen him, read about him, and read what he’s written, a completely reasonable person, it really does make you wonder immediately if CTE is at play. It’s hard though to decipher the two scientifically, but you can’t help by read the Sherman story and wonder if there is any other logical explanation.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Read an article today that suggests Brady was playing with a fully torn MCL at some point last year? Which is quite crazy.
More and more articles are saying it was the entire fecking season now :lol: Crazy, although you'd barely notice with Brady with the amount of runs or movements he makes.

Yeah, when you see someone who is quite clearly intelligent and, at least in all aspects of how I’ve seen him, read about him, and read what he’s written, a completely reasonable person, it really does make you wonder immediately if CTE is at play. It’s hard though to decipher the two scientifically, but you can’t help by read the Sherman story and wonder if there is any other logical explanation.
He was very intoxicated, wasn't he? That's enough reason to do stupid things, I didn't immediately think of CTE when I read about his story.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
More and more articles are saying it was the entire fecking season now :lol: Crazy, although you'd barely notice with Brady with the amount of runs or movements he makes.

He was very intoxicated, wasn't he? That's enough reason to do stupid things, I didn't immediately think of CTE when I read about his story.
Which is probably fair. But then, I can imagine he’s been heavily intoxicated many times before. It’s the nature / randomness / strangeness of the things he did that make me raise an eyebrow at least.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

At some point every Sunday I find myself thinking "it's almost Week 1" :drool:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Not sure what to make of the whole Rodgers situation. Some seem convinced he's staying put while others are dead set on him leaving at one point before the season starts.

It's weird that we haven't heard about any trade offers submitted to the Packers in all of this. Surely you'd think half the league would be willing to spend a few first rounders to get a couple more years out of Rodgers.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Not sure what to make of the whole Rodgers situation. Some seem convinced he's staying put while others are dead set on him leaving at one point before the season starts.

It's weird that we haven't heard about any trade offers submitted to the Packers in all of this. Surely you'd think half the league would be willing to spend a few first rounders to get a couple more years out of Rodgers.
I was hopeful the Broncos could pull off a trade for a while but at this point I’m pretty much resigned to the fact that our otherwise brilliant looking roster is going to be wasted on Drew Lock throwing the ball to the other team all year.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I was hopeful the Broncos could pull off a trade for a while but at this point I’m pretty much resigned to the fact that our otherwise brilliant looking roster is going to be wasted on Drew Lock throwing the ball to the other team all year.
Wouldn't we see Teddy soon enough if Lock shows early on he hasn't taken the necessary steps forward? More risk averse but still good enough to manage games and get Ws.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Wouldn't we see Teddy soon enough if Lock shows early on he hasn't taken the necessary steps forward? More risk averse but still good enough to manage games and get Ws.
Yea true, probably. I normally start getting hyped on the Broncos for no good reason around this time but without a proper franchise QB I just can’t see us making the playoffs from such a competitive division.

If they did manage to pull of a Rodgers trade then I honestly think we’d become legit SB contenders. So long as they didn’t send too much talent the other way of course.

JJ12

I’m expecting Teddy to win the job out of camp - am I in the minority?

JJ12

Yea true, probably. I normally start getting hyped on the Broncos for no good reason around this time but without a proper franchise QB I just can’t see us making the playoffs from such a competitive division.

If they did manage to pull of a Rodgers trade then I honestly think we’d become legit SB contenders. So long as they didn’t send too much talent the other way of course.
You would be sniffing around the Super Bowl for the next 5 years id imagine.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’m expecting Teddy to win the job out of camp - am I in the minority?
I think he's got a good chance of winning the job. For one, he's significantly more accurate. His downside is that he does throw a fair few number picks.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

If he's turned down exceptional money to remain in Green Bay, then I still think there's a good chance he ends up in Denver. Unless of course he's retiring, which I doubt. If ever there was a path to getting a Manning-line second life in another city, its now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If he's turned down exceptional money to remain in Green Bay, then I still think there's a good chance he ends up in Denver. Unless of course he's retiring, which I doubt. If ever there was a path to getting a Manning-line second life in another city, its now.
If Green Bay hold firm nothing else matters.

Him just not playing or retiring would mean he has to repay tens of millions to the organisation if I remember right.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t recall who said it but I thought this was a good quote: The Broncs have the best roster other than QB in their division and could finish last in it.

JJ12

I don’t recall who said it but I thought this was a good quote: The Broncs have the best roster other than QB in their division and could finish last in it.
Great quote - and it’s true, except the Raiders still exist

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If Green Bay hold firm nothing else matters.

Him just not playing or retiring would mean he has to repay tens of millions to the organisation if I remember right.
But they can't hold firm because he could simply sit out to force a trade. At the end of the day, they don't have the luxury of doing nothing since not having Rodgers would have massive effect on their season.

Status
Not open for further replies.