NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

The Patriots scored a TD today because this third down sack was ruled roughing the passer. Can someone wiser than me please explain WTF Roberts was supposed to do differently?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The Patriots scored a TD today because this third down sack was ruled roughing the passer. Can someone wiser than me please explain WTF Roberts was supposed to do differently?

What the shitting feck

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

That’s the right call actually , only thing I can say is that maybe he went low because he was falling after contact with another Pats player but you can’t hit the QB below the knees like that

Carolina Red

Staff

Terrible call. I would have definitely had a 15 yarder called on me from the sideline for that.

Sylar

Remind the refs that brady left patriots :angel:

Tiber

Feels great to get out of New England with a win, regardless of whether we played well or not. Next week Miami plays the Bills at home.

Not sure if this is a good or bad time to play them. The Steelers showed they are beatable, but we now probably have to play a super pissed, motivated Bills team.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I feel better about being optimistic about the Cards; we’ll get another hint as to how brutal the NFC West will be soon.

mav_9me

Couldn't watch games today.

Any interesting takes on the weekend games?

I do see online that Mac Jones seems to be good.

Thanks.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

That division will be so good this season.

Tiber

Miami's D did an awful lot of bending last night, but they made important stands in the red zone when it mattered. Forcing 4 fumbles and recovering 2 of them.

Mac Jones did a very good job getting the ball out to open receivers very quickly. Dolphins hit him plenty of times but didn't get the sacks we needed - well, not any the refs didn't flag anyway. Works well when paired with a damn good running back. They drew a tonne of flags though, which ruined a lot of their better work on O.

Not pretty but an away win in New England is always a big win - and every other team in the division lost. Home to the Bills in another division game next week. I imagine they will have a point to prove after losing to the Steelers - but Miami will be better too, Fuller will make his debut at WR, Williams might return at WR (though he is very rarely healthy) and our Left Tackle should return.

I hope we can get Mike Gesicki involved next week. He had 0 yards last night

Carolina Red

Staff
I watched it during the game from a better angle. He hit him around the knees/lower leg.
I’m not photoshopping the stillframe of the hit. The players head and shoulder pads are at the QB’s waistline and thigh pads.

And besides that, the only reason he makes contact there is because he’s falling down after being blocked, which per the rule book should negate a penalty from occurring.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Lawrence debut was interesting. A couple really bad throws, a few truly exceptional throws. Also his receivers had butter fingers.
I don't know how good a team the Jags are these days. They had the #1 pick for a reason I suppose. Have they done any moves in the off season, drafting Lawrence aside, to suggest they'll be much better this season?

It almost feels like it's better for a player's career prospects to not be a top pick in the draft, so you get to land with teams who are at least somewhat competent.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
@Rolandofgilead @Desert Eagle was it you guys who said last season that the Niners struggled against mobile QBs or am I completely wrong here? Can't remember if it even was the Niners. But if so, has that been adressed or will they struggle against Hurts as well next week?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I don't know how good a team the Jags are these days. They had the #1 pick for a reason I suppose. Have they done any moves in the off season, drafting Lawrence aside, to suggest they'll be much better this season?

It almost feels like it's better for a player's career prospects to not be a top pick in the draft, so you get to land with teams who are at least somewhat competent.
They are pretty shit to be honest. It’s not a terrible team, but I think they’ve not got the right HC and the roster is weak in a number of places.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
@Rolandofgilead @Desert Eagle was it you guys who said last season that the Niners struggled against mobile QBs or am I completely wrong here? Can't remember if it even was the Niners. But if so, has that been adressed or will they struggle against Hurts as well next week?
Yeah, we have struggled against mobile QBs for a few years. But last night was a bit of an odd one. They scored a TD and with the onside kick, it somehow bounced right in to Kittles face and the Lions recovered. I was on the edge of my seat last night, bit on reflection it was just one of those things I think.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
They do have to play Russell and Murray twice every year and also struggled against Lamar and Mahomes in the past iirc. It'll be a bit better this year with a healthy Bosa and Ford ( for now) and a good linebackers group but we did lose Salah and there were some worrying signs in the Detroit game. We got carved up down the middle which could be a worry on broken plays with a mobile quarterback . Also looks like we just lost Verrett for the year so I'd say we haven't really addressed the underlying issues just hoping our (better) players will perform better.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m looking forward to Rodgers’ appearance on the Pat McAfee show… horrible performance from GB.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Pleasantly surprised by that Eagles performance. Maybe the Falcons are just trash
A bit of both, I think. We'll probably know a lot more after the game against the Niners, and whether they're legit or not. I thought they drew up some very nice plays for Hurts and he looked comfortable throughout. Devonta Smith will be a star as well.

Only question to me is how the secondary will keep up, your front seven on D is good enough to at the very least bend but not break.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

They had a decent offseason, signing guys like Shaq and Jones the WR. But there were rumors the vets didn’t like Urban, and I don’t think their fortunes will change until that position changes and they get some more top draft picks out of the mess.

On that last note, I’m happy to see Houston is not quite the disaster in waiting we thought it was. It seemed written in the stars they’d finish last and eventually ruin my boy Rattler’s career.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
They had a decent offseason, signing guys like Shaq and Jones the WR. But there were rumors the vets didn’t like Urban, and I don’t think their fortunes will change until that position changes and they get some more top draft picks out of the mess.

On that last note, I’m happy to see Houston is not quite the disaster in waiting we thought it was. It seemed written in the stars they’d finish last and eventually ruin my boy Rattler’s career.
They played a trainwreck of a franchise with a rookie QB in his first career start. They'll be horrible for the most part of the season.

Sylar

I was going to tag you on this and then realised you posted it, as you were the one who said this yesterday on here :lol:

Watching games in 40 hence haven’t been reading this thread so as to no score spoilers, what the actual feck happened with GB?
Looked as unprepared as expected, it was basically looking like there was no prep. It was bad on Defence as per usual. I have no idea why Kevin King keeps playing (nor why he was given a contract). Joe Barry... well yeah, I was told by many he would be bad. Its just one game so we will see, but its not promising.

That division will be so good this season.
And NFC north, all four teams lost :lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I was going to tag you on this and then realised you posted it, as you were the one who said this yesterday on here :lol:

Looked as unprepared as expected, it was basically looking like there was no prep. It was bad on Defence as per usual. I have no idea why Kevin King keeps playing (nor why he was given a contract). Joe Barry... well yeah, I was told by many he would be bad. Its just one game so we will see, but its not promising.

And NFC north, all four teams lost :lol:
The defence, I get. And as much as it wasn’t great, I do also think the Saints O was surprisingly good. What I was more shocked about was Rodgers and the O. I get they probably haven’t had many reps in pre season but at the skill positions there aren’t that many new faces for it all to look so disjointed. I also didn’t think the protection, whilst not amazing, was that bad from O-line. It’s bizarre that you guys only put up 3 points.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The defence, I get. And as much as it wasn’t great, I do also think the Saints O was surprisingly good. What I was more shocked about was Rodgers and the O. I get they probably haven’t had many reps in pre season but at the skill positions there aren’t that many new faces for it all to look so disjointed. I also didn’t think the protection, whilst not amazing, was that bad from O-line. It’s bizarre that you guys only put up 3 points.
I genuinely couldn’t understand the game plan at all . At 17-3 the game was still on but for some reason Rodgers was busy throwing 50!yard bombs rather than taking what you could get. I also hated that he decided to just throw every down and completely took Jones out of the offense. I understand throwing more when you are behind but you can’t just completely give up on the run

Status
Not open for further replies.