NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ffs. Needed fecking 2 more yards from Ty'son Williams to win and they decide to not give him any more touches

Phil

@Hephaestus what did you make of Waldron's first game as Seahawks OC?

I thought it was refreshing to see an actual game plan, variety and us making the most of our strengths. Felt so refrrshing to have a modern playcaller with a clue.

Edit - after tonight I wish we could do the same at United..

Hephaestus

@Hephaestus what did you make of Waldron's first game as Seahawks OC?

I thought it was refreshing to see an actual game plan, variety and us making the most of our strengths. Felt so refrrshing to have a modern playcaller with a clue.

Edit - after tonight I wish we could do the same at United..
I was delighted with that as a first game. It was really satisfying to not fall into the same traps again and again and to have drawn up specific plays to beat an defensive scheme rather than just doing the same thing over and over. Did all the basic things right as well, like getting to the line of scrimmage on time which shouldn't be an accomplishment but absolutely is for us. Enjoyed seeing the different dimensions Eskridge and Everett brought to us, hopefully the former recovers quickly. And if Josh Gordon gets reinstated, can see us picking him up once more for the few weeks before he gets suspended again, would be cool to see him with Waldron.

Gonna be tougher tests to come especially with the absurdity of our division but I'm optimistic now we have, as you said, a modern playcaller with a clue. And yeah, would be nice to be as optimistic about United.

Also, did you see any of Wilson on the Manning MNF stream? Was quite funny when he started talking about his hatred of the overtime rules, you can tell he's still scarred by that 6-6 game from a few years back. All I could think was same here.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was poking around the Panthers forum and it genuinely reads like the Bluemoon with some of the nicknames - the aints, taints, shite stains etc.

There are accusing anyone who dares to predict a Saints win this weekend of being an undercover Saints fan.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I was poking around the Panthers forum and it genuinely reads like the Bluemoon with some of the nicknames - the aints, taints, shite stains etc.

There are accusing anyone who dares to predict a Saints win this weekend of being an undercover Saints fan.
:lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Figuring out the Ravens and Niners backfields is what keeps me up at night these days.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Dak is going to smash the record for pass attempts trying to prop up that defense.

Congrats to the Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb fantasy owners.

edit: previous record is Stafford with an average of 45.4 attempts per game.

Carolina Red

Staff

Always funny being surrounded by Panthers fans who try to taunt you (me) for being a Broncos fan…. As it Cam Newton doesn’t deserve a place in our ring of fame.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Giants, what even. Bradberry with a game-winning INT at 2:22, followed by two Barkley runs up the middle for no gains and a throw short of the first down marker, giving the ball back to the FT with 2:00 left just for a FG to win it. That’s just bad football.

AND THEN YOU GO OFFSIDE ON A MISSED FG :lol:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
What's the opinion on T. Heinecke?
I really enjoy his plays, but he is probably not starting QB material?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We’re one game in so it doesn’t mean anything at this stage but I’m curious as to how the divisional standings are determined where all teams won their opener.

The AFC West currently looks like this:

So if the tiebreaker is points scored why are the Chargers ahead of the Broncos, and if it’s point differential (which I would have expected) Denver would be top.

As I say I’m not moaning cos it’s Denver, it means nothing at this stage, I just found it odd when I noticed it.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Apparently, in-conference games are rated higher.

Indnyc

We’re one game in so it doesn’t mean anything at this stage but I’m curious as to how the divisional standings are determined where all teams won their opener.

The AFC West currently looks like this:

So if the tiebreaker is points scored why are the Chargers ahead of the Broncos, and if it’s point differential (which I would have expected) Denver would be top.

As I say I’m not moaning cos it’s Denver, it means nothing at this stage, I just found it odd when I noticed it.
Raiders beat AFC north
Chiefs beat AFC North
Chargers beat NFC East
Broncos beat NFC East

First thing in this case is divisional record and then conference record. So Raiders and Chiefs have the first two spots because they won within the conference

I can’t understand why Broncos are 4th because the next tie breaker is strength of victory

Edit: Maybe strength of victory doesn’t mean point difference but the strength of the opponent. So chargers beating a playoff team is probably rated higher than Broncos beating non playoff team

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They both played out of conference games. I’m going with the whole thing was sorted in reverse alphabetical order because they didn’t know either. :)
:lol:

Raiders beat AFC north
Chiefs beat AFC North
Chargers beat NFC East
Broncos beat NFC East

First thing in this case is divisional record and then conference record. So Raiders and Chiefs have the first two spots because they won within the conference

I can’t understand why Broncos are 4th because the next tie breaker is strength of victory

Edit: Maybe strength of victory doesn’t mean point difference but the strength of the opponent. So chargers beating a playoff team is probably rated higher than Broncos beating non playoff team
That edit might just explain it! Kinda weird to use prior year rankings for something like that but I guess it has to come down to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.