NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

The defence, I get. And as much as it wasn’t great, I do also think the Saints O was surprisingly good. What I was more shocked about was Rodgers and the O. I get they probably haven’t had many reps in pre season but at the skill positions there aren’t that many new faces for it all to look so disjointed. I also didn’t think the protection, whilst not amazing, was that bad from O-line. It’s bizarre that you guys only put up 3 points.
O Line was patched up. Saints deserve credit as they did a good job on both sides. Payton was aggressive on 4th downs, and it was rewarded. It was always the right call too, given how bad Packers D are.

Packers offence just never got going. The only time they did was basically no huddle drives, one which lead to Money mason getting 3, and then a long drive right after the half, that ended with a bad throw and interception. That interception killed Packers and ended it, as that drive would have made it 17-10. Instead it went to 24-3 (and Rodgers was intercepted with an even worse fling, which was like a punt, and it got returned almost all the way) :lol:
It was like they gave up. The big problem is it seemed they didnt even try to run especially with Jones there.
And the lack of short plays to eat up yards. It seems like they want big first downs on every play instead of screens, or slants or just eating up yards with some runs to open up for the throwing game (but the lack of short plays was an issue with Mike Mccarthy there and I put that on Rodgers because there are times he has guys open but opts for the big play).

Its one the team need to forget quickly.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was going to tag you on this and then realised you posted it, as you were the one who said this yesterday on here :lol:
He got it in there before anyone else did. Fair play :lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I had us as a dark horse this season. But probably need too many factors to all go in our favour for a post season push
The good thing for you guys is that a) the NFC East isn’t hugely strong and b) the NFC wildcards overall are really up for grabs. The strongest teams are all really concentrated in one division (West) which helps other teams who might not be as good overall get in since they’ll play each other twice in the west.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Never heard of a QB throwing five TDs and not topping 150 yards passing. Crazy. Saw a stat earlier that hadn't happened since the 30s or 40s, can't recall the year.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Russell Wilson also with a very sustainable 17% TD rate yesterday :lol:

Sandyman

The good thing for you guys is that a) the NFC East isn’t hugely strong and b) the NFC wildcards overall are really up for grabs. The strongest teams are all really concentrated in one division (West) which helps other teams who might not be as good overall get in since they’ll play each other twice in the west.
Yeah division games are huge and we have an easier schedule so let's see how we improve in other areas

Watched Eagles Falcons. Crazy how the Falcons offence just deteriorated.
Eagles had no response to the Falcon's rushing game in the first quarter and then after that there was nothing. It was like they flipped a switch or something.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Just rewatched the Broncos game in 40'.

I just can't believe that Jason Garrett thought he was gonna get the Broncos D to jump with a hard count. on a 4th & 17. in your own half. in the middle of the first quarter. with Daniel fecking Jones as your QB.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also I'm guessing it takes Williams less than half the season to emerge as by far the superior back in Denver. Gordon had the big statline thanks to the breakaway TD but Javonte looked better throughout the whole game.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

I just can't believe that Jason Garrett thought he was gonna get the Broncos D to jump with a hard count. on a 4th & 17. in your own half. in the middle of the first quarter. with Daniel fecking Jones as your QB.

Also I'm guessing it takes Williams less than half the season to emerge as by far the superior back in Denver. Gordon had the big statline thanks to the breakaway TD but Javonte looked better throughout the whole game.
Did they show that Judge challenged a TD call (all TD are reviewed anyway ) and thus lost a Timeout …

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Did they show that Judge challenged a TD call (all TD are reviewed anyway ) and thus lost a Timeout …
I honestly can’t decide which of these was funnier.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Last 5 years we were, but I’m hoping we’ve turned a corner and Teddy gave me the warm and fuzzies last night.

Jeudy going down was gutting though.
Think you should fire the trump supporting twit Elway for a more talented modern individual. I can't think of anything for Giants that will fix them, so i guess that's a win for Broncos. Good luck with the season

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Think you should fire the trump supporting twit Elway for a more talented modern individual. I can't think of anything for Giants that will fix them, so i guess that's a win for Broncos. Good luck with the season
He’s no longer GM, that’s now George Paton and he’s largely had an impressive start although time will tell if passing on Fields was a gaff.

Cheers, same to you, I do quite like the Giants even though they beat us the one time I got to Mile High for a game.

fishfingers15

He’s no longer GM, that’s now George Paton and he’s largely had an impressive start although time will tell if passing on Fields was a gaff.

Cheers, same to you, I do quite like the Giants even though they beat us the one time I got to Mile High for a game.
Cheers, I do like Broncos because of the Manning connection and because I like Denver. Had a great time visiting the national parks.

Danny J was never going to put up enough points on this defense. This was one of the easier week 1 picks; I took it in my survivor pool.
When will they cut and run with Daniel?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
When will they cut and run with Daniel?
If they end up where I think they will in the standings, they should after this season. But that management team is not an aggressive bunch so they may not.

The Garden State is underrated for beauty, which is funny considering the name.

fishfingers15

If they end up where I think they will in the standings, they should after this season. But that management team is not an aggressive bunch so they may not.

The Garden State is underrated for beauty, which is funny considering the name.
US in general is a beautiful country. Different kind of beauty in each state to be honest. I agree with the underrating of NJ

lsd

The Oracle
I was surprised by how little Dallas ran the ball and yet that didn't impact their passing that much. I guess Tampa secondary is that bad huh?

According they called a lot of run plays that Dak over ruled after the snap by not liking what he saw.

Tampa Bay are excellent against the run so I think he did the right thing by passing more to keep the plays going

Charlie Foley

Man Lamar is incredible. I just wish he played for (almost) anyone else. Can’t stand the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.