NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Trevon Diggs with 5 INTs in the first 4 games. 8 overall in his 15 career NFL starts.

Absolute stud.

Meller

What a great weekend, United and Rams playing like turds. And Rams will probably lose on thursday as well. Bah

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I’m surprised we managed to compete. So close on that final FG too. I like we put the ball in Mac’s hands. And he was really impressive on the whole I thought, although we know that Bucs secondary sucks. Our defence played really well though. Very happy with that.

Watched the Dallas game live. Panthers D is legitimate I think. And so is Dallas. They are looking really good with few weaknesses, except maybe pass protection - but again, Panthers D is no joke.

Caught up on the Saints (fecking up my survivor pool, thanks). Giants we’re definitely the best 0-3 team, they aren’t as bad as that record suggests. Still don’t think they’re amazing but they’ve got something decent enough going there.

Other than that I’ve caught up on the Broncos game (a game which sadly brings Broncos back down to earth but shame the game lost Teddy B, and certainly Denver is weakened with the WR injuries.

And each of the Jets and Falcons games. If the Jets Falcons game in London is as exciting as each of their games today, that’d be nice please.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’m surprised we managed to compete. So close on that final FG too. I like we put the ball in Mac’s hands. And he was really impressive on the whole I thought, although we know that Bucs secondary sucks. Our defence played really well though. Very happy with that.

Watched the Dallas game live. Panthers D is legitimate I think. And so is Dallas. They are looking really good with few weaknesses, except maybe pass protection - but again, Panthers D is no joke.

Caught up on the Saints (fecking up my survivor pool, thanks). Giants we’re definitely the best 0-3 team, they aren’t as bad as that record suggests. Still don’t think they’re amazing but they’ve got something decent enough going there.

Other than that I’ve caught up on the Broncos game (a game which sadly brings Broncos back down to earth but shame the game lost Teddy B, and certainly Denver is weakened with the WR injuries.

And each of the Jets and Falcons games. If the Jets Falcons game in London is as exciting as each of their games today, that’d be nice please.
The Broncos had been showing signs of weakness coming in, so it wasn't a massive surprise to see them lose. Although, it was slightly surprising to see the Ravens play as well as they did.

The Broncos desperately need Bridgewater and Jeudy to play ASAP.

lsd

The Oracle
I’m surprised nobody is commenting on the Brady v. Pats game! It’s the top game of the weekend imo

Both Brady and Mac look good so far

Was it good ? From what I have been reading it was pretty poor fare

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Was it good ? From what I have been reading it was pretty poor fare
Weather played a big part, injuries, mistakes, refs.

Was intriguing until the end but not a great game.

DavelinaJolie

Love that the Ravens went for the record there. Would also laugh if someone lost in fantasy because of those 4 yards for Lamar.
I see there's a some faux outrage out there today about it, when the Broncos gave them the chance by burning timeouts in a lost game and then gave up the play anyway.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is there anyone to challenge the Bills for AFC title?

Cowboys, Cardinals, Rams, Packers Bucs....NFC is super competitive as of now!
Only a few weeks ago they lost to the Steelers. The Dolphins win doesn’t look as impressive now, and their last opponent was Houston. I’m pumping the brakes on a hype train going that fast.

They are certainly in the top tier of the AFC, along with the Ravens, Browns, and Chiefs (who will inevitably improve). But we knew that going into the season.

RoadTrip

I can’t believe that the Steelers didn’t draft or trade for a replacement.Loyalty is good but the team is definitely good enough to at least compete at this point
Its silly. Big Ben looked done a couple seasons ago. Ok sure, give him another year, but at least have some kind of succession plan going. They will have to replace him next year, because he’s so done.

RoadTrip

Only a few weeks ago they lost to the Steelers. The Dolphins win doesn’t look as impressive now, and their last opponent was Houston. I’m pumping the brakes on a hype train going that fast.

They are certainly in the top tier of the AFC, along with the Ravens, Browns, and Chiefs (who will inevitably improve). But we knew that going into the season.
I think the Bills have found their stride now. The Chiefs will only improve. The outside contenders are the Browns. I don’t think the Ravens will ultimately keep pace. I think it’s a three horse race in the AFC, especially with the Titans folding. I think the only other team I have a potential for is Chargers?

edcunited1878

There might be more Raiders fans at this game than Chargers fans.

And it’s a Chargers home game
But it's LA...there's more USC and UCLA football fans in LA than Chargers fans. Chargers had close to zero fan affinity and now it's probably around 5%. It's a lost cause for them as far as any significant fanbase in LA no matter what.

Carolina Red

Staff
But it's LA...there's more USC and UCLA football fans in LA than Chargers fans. Chargers had close to zero fan affinity and now it's probably around 5%. It's a lost cause for them as far as any significant fanbase in LA no matter what.
It’s just wild watching the home team have to think about using a silent count

edcunited1878

It’s just wild watching the home team have to think about using a silent count
They did that in Carson when they first relocated to LA. But a lot of their players publicly and privately, complained about the lack of fan support and not having any home field "advantage". Playing the Raiders in LA, no matter if they are located in Oakland, Vegas, or Mexico City....the Chargers have zero chance. But to me, it's a truly wonderful thing to see. Long may the Chargers organization and Spanos family be irrelevant in LA. They deserve it!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They did that in Carson when they first relocated to LA. But a lot of their players publicly and privately, complained about the lack of fan support and not having any home field "advantage". Playing the Raiders in LA, no matter if they are located in Oakland, Vegas, or Mexico City....the Chargers have zero chance. But to me, it's a truly wonderful thing to see. Long may the Chargers organization and Spanos family be irrelevant in LA. They deserve it!
I remember thinking the Raiders would still be the more popular team in LA even with them in Nevada and the Chargers moving north, back when those rumors were gaining credibility.

edcunited1878

I remember thinking the Raiders would still be the more popular team in LA even with them in Nevada and the Chargers moving north, back when those rumors were gaining credibility.
You thought correctly! They have one of the best fanbase's across North American sports and NFL. The Davis family and NFL know this. The Raiders will always have a TB audience and fan base wherever they are located.

Chargers will have issues building a fanbase within California, especially in LA. And without their own stadium...forget about it.

Hephaestus

That thread is hilarious. Given that the team has put out a statement saying "he must regain our trust and respect", guessing they're just hoping he quits so they don't have to pay him.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

:lol: Surely the majority of the team doesn't even take him seriously anymore at this point. What a trainwreck of a hire.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

:lol: Surely the majority of the team doesn't even take him seriously anymore at this point. What a trainwreck of a hire.
Anyone who has followed Urban's career for the past couple of decades would've known something like this would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.