NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What's this urben meyer controversy
He didn’t fly home with the team after a loss and instead went drinking and cavorting (is that the word? I dunno, I like how it sounds) with a woman who isn’t is wife back in his old stomping grounds. He was already on thin ice having lost the respect of the vets on the team.

The thinking is they’re hoping the pressure on him builds to an extent that he resigns instead of firing him and having to pay him. Though the owner has no shortage of money and will buy his contract out if it gets to that point.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The Boys released Jaylon Smith as well.
That contract made no sense when it was surprisingly given/offered and wouldn't have when he eventually hit UFA. Looks even worse today as they're on the hook for his full 7.2m salary from what I read earlier. Which means another club can sign him for vet minimum and he still collects a big check from Dallas.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
He didn’t fly home with the team after a loss and instead went drinking and cavorting (is that the word? I dunno, I like how it sounds) with a woman who isn’t is wife back in his old stomping grounds. He was already on thin ice having lost the respect of the vets on the team.

The thinking is they’re hoping the pressure on him builds to an extent that he resigns instead of firing him and having to pay him. Though the owner has no shortage of money and will buy his contract out if it gets to that point.
Thanks lads. Saw the video too and sounds like nothing. Just a lap dance but I'm not really clued up on the politics of the teams here

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

:lol: Surely the majority of the team doesn't even take him seriously anymore at this point. What a trainwreck of a hire.
There are already a number of quotes from “inside the locker room” that are pretty damning. I can’t really see how his position is tenable.

Anyone got any Meyer chants I can try and get going at Spurs on Sunday? :lol:

sport2793

Anyone mention the big news about Stephon Gilmore being released by Pats? Will be interesting to see who picks him up

RoadTrip

Wasn’t it also that he said the reason he wasn’t flying home was to have a meal with his family? :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The secondary isn’t great fully healthy. They managed to turn it on in Jan/Feb somehow.
Easily our weakest link on defense this year & last. Injuries have plagued us so far in 2021 & I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gilmore on the squad in very short order.

We have some promising youngsters back there, but overall we are slightly above average at best.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

A rare instance of Matt Nagy doing the right thing.

fishfingers15

Say what? Being married might just have something to do with it.
Surely, he's not the first married coach / player to do something silly. It's a public lap dance. We had Giggs doing all sorts of nonsense while he played for us and Fergie was having reporters banned for asking questions about the affair. That said, I'm not sure if it's a unredeemable issue in the south of US.

RoadTrip

Surely, he's not the first married coach / player to do something silly. It's a public lap dance. We had Giggs doing all sorts of nonsense while he played for us and Fergie was having reporters banned for asking questions about the affair. That said, I'm not sure if it's a unredeemable issue in the south of US.
Id note a few things here:

1. Players are more able to get away with this nonsense because they are in some ways protected by the NFLPA CBA. Coaches aren’t in the same way.

2. There is history with Meyer so I think that plays a big part of this.

3. Are there really that many instances of coaches doing this? I can’t recall any HCs doing anything like this recently but I may well be wrong.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

1. Players are more able to get away with this nonsense because they are in some ways protected by the NFLPA CBA. Coaches aren’t in the same way.

3. Are there really that many instances of coaches doing this? I can’t recall any HCs doing anything like this recently but I may well be wrong.
I think you can add 4. many players in the league probably viewed this hire as an utter joke, yet another case of white privilege/whatever other view one may hold.

The most recent thing I can remember not involving coaches would be Kraft getting handjobs and Jones getting drunk at a bar when he was talking shit about how terrible Tebow is and later had his pic taken with drunk women.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That Panthers D is starting to look stacked. Brian Burns, Derrick Brown, Shaq Thompson, Jemery Chinn, CJ Henderson, Jaycee Horn and now Stephon Gilmore, wow.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
That Panthers D is starting to look stacked. Brian Burns, Derrick Brown, Shaq Thompson, Jemery Chinn, CJ Henderson, Jaycee Horn and now Stephon Gilmore, wow.
Looking very very good

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Thanks lads. Saw the video too and sounds like nothing. Just a lap dance but I'm not really clued up on the politics of the teams here
Far deeper than that with this particular coach. ‘Contract with Family,’ morals clause in contract, etc.

There might be less uproar if he was in an actual strip club when he did this, the fact that it was a coed in his restaurant might be playing against him in the court of public opinion.

fishfingers15

Far deeper than that with this particular coach. ‘Contract with Family,’ morals clause in contract, etc.

There might be less uproar if he was in an actual strip club when he did this, the fact that it was a coed in his restaurant might be playing against him in the court of public opinion.
I think you can add 4. many players in the league probably viewed this hire as an utter joke, yet another case of white privilege/whatever other view one may hold.

The most recent thing I can remember not involving coaches would be Kraft getting handjobs and Jones getting drunk at a bar when he was talking shit about how terrible Tebow is and later had his pic taken with drunk women.

Thanks for the educative posts lads, much appreciated.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Alvin Kamara with his highest total rushing attempts in a game last weekend (26), but also the first game in his career that he didn't receive a single target.

I know it's not Brees with dump-offs in Nola anymore but why go away from something that has worked so well for you when you have a top-3 receiving back in the league in your backfield, such things just don't make sense to me. It's not like Payton is an ancient offensive mind either, I really thought he would've made it work with Winston but right now it just seems like some gimmick plays and feature in Taysom Hill from time to time. Frustrating.

arnie_ni

Marlon humph of the blt Ravens has just said he doesn't like the wire.

I want him cut immediately

Hephaestus

1st down, run. 2nd down, run. 3rd down, run. 4th down, run. This fecking team...

Status
Not open for further replies.