NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Money aside, is there any other reasons, that deshawn watson would pick the Cleveland Browns as his next move? Sounds like career suicide.

Whats the general opinion on where he should have gone?
Purely speaking on NFL terms, yes the Browns have been not good for some time, but they actually do have a decent roster overall. I don’t think it’s anything like career suicide. As we’ve seen with the Bengals, a franchises fortunes can turn around quickly in the NFL.

dinostar77

Purely speaking on NFL terms, yes the Browns have been not good for some time, but they actually do have a decent roster overall. I don’t think it’s anything like career suicide. As we’ve seen with the Bengals, a franchises fortunes can turn around quickly in the NFL.
I get that the roster is decent, but to pick a team who have never won a superbowl in their history and have a habitual habit of being crap, is a helluva risk. But what do i know he could be perfect for their system.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think I found another detail on why this surprise might have happened. In this coming season where he is facing suspension his salary is only $1M, meaning instead of losing in the teens of millions he’d just lose say half a million if he missed half a season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think I found another detail on why this surprise might have happened. In this coming season where he is facing suspension his salary is only $1M, meaning instead of losing in the teens of millions he’d just lose say half a million if he missed half a season.

How beautifully, transparently bent.

Hephaestus

That is absurd.

Sylar

Such a shame losing Davante. What a player he has been for us. From his shaky first season to the best receiver in the league. Good luck to him.
Agreed. Interested to see how he does there as his connection with Rodgers was brilliant
Interesting to see what Rodgers / packers does
Maybe it will mean Rodgers does more short conversions

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Agreed. Interested to see how he does there as his connection with Rodgers was brilliant
Interesting to see what Rodgers / packers does
Maybe it will mean Rodgers does more short conversions
He will be fine. He already has a connection with Carr.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Me: I’m so sick of the premier league and the way football is going with Saudi ownership etc.

NFL:

Me: *sigh*

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Based on what these guys have done in their careers too (I mean those in the QB trade circle remaining, so Jimmy G, Baker, Winston, etc…) it would be such a shame if Winston doesn’t get another shot. He’s done far more IMO and just his INT issues have cost him - which I really think will become better with some time. Not saying he’s elite but I would take him over those guys 100%. And from what we saw of him on Hard Knocks a few years back, he did seem like a genuinely likeable guy and a good leader.
Winston is my guy and I'm riding with him until he proves me wrong. I have zero interest in faffing about with Baker, Jimmy G etc. Winston has been a good reliable QB for us. We might not be contenders with him, but we wouldn't be with any of the available QB's besides Watson anyway. Now we have a ton of cap space to throw around.

Sylar

He will be fine. He already has a connection with Carr.
Of course, but interested to see if carr has the same protection and time

:lol:

arnie_ni

That contract is massive. The nfl could suspend him for a season of it ffs

DavelinaJolie

Disgusting.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Surreal, the ID part. I remember going to the Old Sombrero in the early 80s & barely seeing fans in the upper sections…

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I get that the roster is decent, but to pick a team who have never won a superbowl in their history and have a habitual habit of being crap, is a helluva risk. But what do i know he could be perfect for their system.
Compared to where his life was several months ago, he'll be ecstatic. Anywhere is a massive step up from Houston. Look how quickly Cincy turned around once they found their QB. From absolute shite to the Super Bowl.

Cleveland has a good offensive line, defense and RBs. Just need another WR to go with Cooper. Also, a big fan of Stefanski. It'll be between them and the Bengals challenging for the NFC North.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Compared to where his life was several months ago, he'll be ecstatic. Anywhere is a massive step up from Houston. Look how quickly Cincy turned around once they found their QB. From absolute shite to the Super Bowl.

Cleveland has a good offensive line, defense and RBs. Just need another WR to go with Cooper. Also, a big fan of Stefanski. It'll be between them and the Bengals challenging for the NFC North.
Interestingly Olave, Metchie, and Justin Ross are now considered 2nd round quality. Might be worth a shot since they don't pick until round 2.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Interestingly Olave, Metchie, and Justin Ross are now considered 2nd round quality. Might be worth a shot since they don't pick until round 2.
One of those guys probably won’t even be available by round 2, but it is a great draft to find one there.

Sandyman

What a crazy free agency this year. So many bonkers deals. Shame a huge chunk of it is in the AFC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.