NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Or Atlanta. They don’t appear too keen on Rosen.

e - apparently Marcus Mariota is leading the pack.
Would make sense with Arthur Smith there (if he still believes in him of course).

I think Ryan still has a few good years left in him, especially with an O-line as good as Indy's. They should sign Julio now :drool:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Would make sense with Arthur Smith there (if he still believes in him of course).

I think Ryan still has a few good years left in him, especially with an O-line as good as Indy's. They should sign Julio now :drool:
My main concern is his arm strength. It’s really deteriorated.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good for him
Well deserved.
Really happy for him. Hopefully we spend the new found cap space on some weapons for him.

Mouthwatering deal for NFC South defensive backs.
All the other defences in the league like that :lol:
Feck off :lol:

He has never let me down in a Saints uniform. He's been good and reliable so far, probably because Peyton had the shackles on him a bit but he's been nothing but a positive for is so far.

Mike Smalling

Feck off :lol:

He has never let me down in a Saints uniform. He's been good and reliable so far, probably because Peyton had the shackles on him a bit but he's been nothing but a positive for is so far.
You must know that Famous Jameis is the absolute king of throwing completions to the other team. He just hasn't had a chance to prove in a full season with the Saints yet ;)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You must know that Famous Jameis is the absolute king of throwing completions to the other team. He just hasn't had a chance to prove in a full season with the Saints yet ;)
That was the old Winston. It was coached out of him when he spent a year doing nothing except learn in the school of Drew Brees.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Must say, I’m glad guys like Winston and Mariota are getting another shot. They’ve never had that proper second opportunity, and I can’t see they’ve done anything less than the likes of Mayfield have.

The two top QBs from that class reuniting in the south!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The Falcons are taking a $40.5m dead cap hit on Matty Ice :lol:

That’s the biggest dead cap hit in history :lol:

Hephaestus

So it's Baker, Jimmy G or we could just roll with Drew Lock as a tank commander. I'd go with the latter and draft a QB next year but who knows what we're going to do.

lsd

The Oracle
That was the old Winston. It was coached out of him when he spent a year doing nothing except learn in the school of Drew Brees.

Didn't he get laser surgery in his eyes as well?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Not Lasik Jameis.

14 TDs, only 3 picks and a QB rating of 101.5. :cool:

Hephaestus

What about Panthers for Baker? Darnold not exactly pulling up trees there, so if they could get him on the cheap that might be an option?
Apparently they don't seem interested, I'm guessing because if they end up with a QB room of Mayfield and Darnold with a total salary of over 37 million and having spent picks to acquire both, everyone involved will be immediately fired and rightly so.

If the Browns end up doing an Osweiler style deal and trade Mayfield plus a pick, then I think the Panthers might go for it. But I think they are more likely to wind up with Jimmy G.

We need an rvn

The Falcons are taking a $40.5m dead cap hit on Matty Ice :lol:

That’s the biggest dead cap hit in history :lol:
Can you explain what a dead cap is?

Googled it and my understanding is that it's money owed to a player who has been traded or released? So are the falcons having to pay him $40.5m, plus he gets his colts salary?

It says on other websites that now that he's been traded they don't owe Ryan anything?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can you explain what a dead cap is?

Googled it and my understanding is that it's money owed to a player who has been traded or released? So are the falcons having to pay him $40.5m, plus he gets his colts salary?

It says on other websites that now that he's been traded they don't owe Ryan anything?
It’s allocating amounts that have already been paid to a player but not yet been assigned to a salary year and therefore not affected the teams cap.

This is often bonuses which will be paid in a lump sum but then spread over the course of a contract for cap purposes.

So the $40.5m is money they’ve already paid Ryan, but not yet accounted for against their cap and now he’s gone it will stand against this years cap.

It’s explained pretty well here - https://bleacherreport.com/articles...liantion-of-the-complex-concept-of-dead-money

We need an rvn

It’s allocating amounts that have already been paid to a player but not yet been assigned to a salary year and therefore not affected the teams cap.

This is often bonuses which will be paid in a lump sum but then spread over the course of a contract for cap purposes.

So the $40.5m is money they’ve already paid Ryan, but not yet accounted for against their cap and now he’s gone it will stand against this years cap.

It’s explained pretty well here - https://bleacherreport.com/articles...liantion-of-the-complex-concept-of-dead-money
Got it, thanks for the explanation!

Status
Not open for further replies.