NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Bad form on behalf of the defender. He squats sideways like he’s taking a shoulder charge when he should be doing the opposite and getting up/around the block, thus making it worse for himself. The blocker makes initial contact just about at the hip then slides down the leg making it look worse than it actually was on his part.

But the ‘experts‘ like this guy and Emmanuel Acho went on a holy rampage calling it cowardly and dirty when it wasn’t; it was just poor form and unfortunate timing on something that happens every weekend.
I don’t know if you watched Perna’s video above but it was particularly funny/galling that Eisen made a song and dance about it being dirty when he narrates the NFL videos explaining the rules that confirm it’s legal.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Rams vs Bengals brawl today. Donald hitting people over the head with helmets, apparently

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t know if you watched Perna’s video above but it was particularly funny/galling that Eisen made a song and dance about it being dirty when he narrates the NFL videos explaining the rules that confirm it’s legal.
Yeah that was good. Kollman absolutely roasted the guy in a rant of the sort he doesn’t normally go on, and it is worth a watch. :lol:

Morals of the story, which should be obvious but always bear a reminder, being: don’t judge a book by its cover and don’t trust every expert even those with a huge following.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The Steelers also have an odd following where random people not affiliated with Pittsburgh seem drawn to them. There’s a British pub here in Santa Monica (owned by a Scouser) which when not showing Premier League games, gets inundated with Steelers fans on Sundays. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it, even among Cowboys fans.
Packers and Steelers are probably the closest to what we'd see as European fandom over here, discounting the collegiate ranks. I also think it's some kind of requirement that every Steelers fan must dress all out in team gear, mustache optional. An annoying bunch at times. But Raiders fans are the nuttiest, straight-up mental. 49ers fans are the most entitled, arrogant pricks I've managed to run into.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Packers and Steelers are probably the closest to what we'd see as European fandom over here, discounting the collegiate ranks. I also think it's some kind of requirement that every Steelers fan must dress all out in team gear, mustache optional. An annoying bunch at times. But Raiders fans are the nuttiest, straight-up mental. 49ers fans are the most entitled, arrogant pricks I've managed to run into.
Walked by the Black Hole during a fecking preseason game & it was out of control.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Does anyone here watch the preseason friendlies? The Chiefs are on now but in the other games Mahomes only appears for one or two drives then out comes the QBs who hopefully won't feature at all for us this season. It's kinda hard to gauge how good the receivers are going to be.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Does anyone here watch the preseason friendlies? The Chiefs are on now but in the other games Mahomes only appears for one or two drives then out comes the QBs who hopefully won't feature at all for us this season. It's kinda hard to gauge how good the receivers are going to be.
Its hard to gauge anything during pre-season since most starters barely play (if at all) and coaches use the time to see which fringe players they want to keep or cut.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Juju has looked very good, and Skyy will eventually come good as a rookie (putting my money where my mouth is there I guess as I have him in every fantasy league). MVS is…MVS, and same goes for Mecole.

They’re lining up with heavy personnel often; dunno if they have the horses to pull that off but if anyone could change up an offense in one offseason it’d be Andy. That could also just be him experimenting/smoke-screening of course.

Last edited:

Charlie Foley

I used to just watch the Packers game, and then Redzone either before or after, depending when it kicked off. And like you, it was pure me-time to try and dampen the impending Monday blues.

But I took my gf to the Jets/Falcons game in London last year, worried she was going to hate it and be bored for 3+ hours, but she loved it and now she's super into it. She's picked the Eagles (which may or may not be 100% It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia related) and we watch the Packers and Eagles games every weekend. If they clash, we set one up on the laptop. Basically every Sunday night is a mini-super bowl party. Just a hideously unhealthy platter of snacks, drinks and whatnot, every week (WFH on Mondays definitely helps). She's even watching Eagles pre-season games, full length, which even I don't do. That seems pretty hardcore. None of my friends are into the NFL so it's been pretty great since she got on board.

United is enough me-time anyway, as I can sulk, grumble and hate myself for the most part without interruption.
That is brilliant. I love Sunny. And I was living in Philly when they won the Super Bowl. Is your girlfriend single? :drool::smirk:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
“0” days since a sexual assault scandal… The second tweet is notable, as the Bills knew there were credible allegations and still cut the other punter.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Should one immediately lose his job once a lawsuit is filed? I know I wouldn't want that for myself to be honest.

On the other hand it is definitely poor form by the Bills. Least they could've done is put him on non-active or keep him away from the facilities until further news and/or evidence comes out.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Should one immediately lose his job once a lawsuit is filed? I know I wouldn't want that for myself to be honest.
You’re right, maybe an overreaction, but this was an ‘open secret’ according to people from the area. It is surprising they didn’t know at the time of the draft. But we shouldn’t throw the Bills under the bus yet.

Hephaestus

I was expecting Lock to win the starters job a couple of weeks ago but then he got covid, produced a shit performance against the Cowboys and with Geno Smith looking not quite as awful as expected (aside from all our WRs dropping his passes last week), we now have Geno to start the season. Yay.

How long until the draft?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

I was expecting Lock to win the starters job a couple of weeks ago but then he got covid, produced a shit performance against the Cowboys and with Geno Smith looking not quite as awful as expected (aside from all our WRs dropping his passes last week), we now have Geno to start the season. Yay.

Drew Lock vs Geno Smith must be the most strangest QB battles of recent times.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

How’s your offensive line doing, thought I read somewhere that it’s one of the worst in the league but not sure?

Combined with a slow paced offense and Ken Walker’s hernia, not sure if any Seattle player holds any fantasy value anymore :( unless Penny stays healthy and Pete gives him the rock 30 times a game. A man can dream.

Hephaestus

How’s your offensive line doing, thought I read somewhere that it’s one of the worst in the league but not sure?

Combined with a slow paced offense and Ken Walker’s hernia, not sure if any Seattle player holds any fantasy value anymore :( unless Penny stays healthy and Pete gives him the rock 30 times a game. A man can dream.
Looked ok so far in preseason though that's obviously mostly against backups. It's been ranked as the worst in the league based on having two rookie tackles who typically struggle but they've looked good in preseason. The good news is that even if they do struggle, it just makes it easier to draft the next QB. But it would be a lot funnier to have a good OL as soon as Wilson leaves so that's what I'm expecting

As for fantasy, wouldn't write off Metcalf and Lockett, they did well during Geno's stint last year and the other wide receivers are dreadful so basically any time we try to throw, it's likely to be them or Fant targeted.

RoadTrip

Patriots look so uninspiring and devout of quality. I can sadly see us falling behind the Dolphins this year. I’d be surprised if we are anywhere close to a wildcard.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Patriots look so uninspiring and devout of quality. I can sadly see us falling behind the Dolphins this year. I’d be surprised if we are anywhere close to a wildcard.
It’s going to be a long season. Not going with an offensive coordinator was a strange choice & based on preseason, it’s the wrong choice. Not going to help Jones’ development.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
As if the Commies’ RB situation couldn’t get any more confusing for fantasy…

…I am kidding, it is good to hear it is not life-threatening.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Clearest sign yet that J.K. Dobbins won't make Week 1 imo.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Clearest sign yet that J.K. Dobbins won't make Week 1 imo.
It’s like deja vu with them. And again they’re going in with only one legit proven WR.

With everyone healthy they would be a scary team to face, but it’s hard to project their outcomes at this point.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It’s like deja vu with them. And again they’re going in with only one legit proven WR.

With everyone healthy they would be a scary team to face, but it’s hard to project their outcomes at this point.
They just don't really have an interest in throwing to their WRs. Lamar, running game, and Andrews (+ Bateman) should suffice on offense though.

It's not like Mahomes has better weapons right now - an elite TE, JuJu and a deep threat. Quite the same as the Ravens do but the Ravens D is better when healthy.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They just don't really have an interest in throwing to their WRs. Lamar, running game, and Andrews (+ Bateman) should suffice on offense though.

It's not like Mahomes has better weapons right now - an elite TE, JuJu and a deep threat. Quite the same as the Ravens do but the Ravens D is better when healthy.
Well I don’t know exactly what to think of the Chiefs either. On the one hand it feels weird to not project them to win their division, and at the same time while we expect LAC and Denver to take a leap forward we haven’t seen it on the field yet.

And I still haven’t forgiven the Chargers for missing my O/U win total prediction last year...

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Brutal, surely that's one of the worst ones you could possibly imagine.

RoadTrip

Forgetting even that madman for a moment, what’s shocking is that a number of these are just genuinely shit players who’ve proven to be busts as many thought they might be. You can’t control madness but surely such a fail rate with first rounders is rare? Can’t think there would be many teams with such a bad record in recent years.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Forgetting even that madman for a moment, what’s shocking is that a number of these are just genuinely shit players who’ve proven to be busts as many thought they might be. You can’t control madness but surely such a fail rate with first rounders is rare? Can’t think there would be many teams with such a bad record in recent years.
The Pats have had some lean years - nothing compared to the Raiders though

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
It's genuinely shocking how bad our drafting has been. It's not even just the first rounders, but the 2nd and 3rd rounds have been equally as bad in many cases. It seems to be only once we get to day three of the draft that we actually hit on some players.

2019 1st round
Ferrell - Still might end up cut as we've 11 defensive lineman and are short on both CB's and OL's. 5th year option declined
Jacobs - In a RB by committee. 5th year option declined
Abram - Not a starter. Cannot pass protect. 5th year option declined
2019 2nd round
Mullen - Traded for a conditional 7th round yesterday
2019 still on team
Crosby (4th round)
Moreau (4th round)
Renfrow (5th round)

2020 1st round
Ruggs - Nuff said
Arnette - I don't even...
2020 3rd round
Edwards - Traded this off season for a conditional 7th round
Bowden - Traded before he even started to the Dolphins.
2020 still on team
Simpson (4th round)
Robertson (4th round)

2021 1st round
Leatherwood - so bad that even though we have no fit RT, we cut him
2021 still on team
Moehrig (2nd round) - actually a day 2 pick that looks like he can play
Koonce (3rd round) - and another
Deablo (3rd round) - 3 in 1 draft... unheard of
Hobbs (5th round)

Scary how bad the drafting has been

Status