NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Looks like we'll have a decision in the course of next week though, or the weekend after this one at the latest.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is that what he said?
Pretty much yea. As soon as they introduced him he said straight away that anyone who’s only watching for an announcement on his future may as well switch off.

At which point the live viewers number started tumbling :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Apparently Paxton Lynch requested to be cut by his CFL team in the hope of being drafted in this.

Elways greatest legacy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Apparently Paxton Lynch requested to be cut by his CFL team in the hope of being drafted in this.

Elways greatest legacy.
I hope this version of the USFL is as good as the last in the 80s. Great teams and a good way to fill the gap during the NFL offseason.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Elways greatest legacy.
He got selected with the last pick of the draft, by the Panthers who (as per the above tweet) took a QB #1 overall.

So Lynch, a former first round NFL draft pick, has been selected to play backup to Shea Patterson. Whoever he is.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Troy Aikman leaving fox to join MNF
Haven't been watching the NFL for long, but always thought ESPN's commentary stood out as the weakest by miles. Though that's mainly from my dislike of Steve Levy and his smug prick voice (that nobody else seems to mind :lol:). The two colour guys on there always seemed pretty bland too.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Troy Aikman leaving fox to join MNF
Praise the lord. I hardly ever watch MNF anyway. So that’s a good thing. Aikman is horrible. I don’t believe I’ve ever heard him finish a sentence.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I like Aikman - he stopped giving a feck ages ago. Buck is a soulsapper though. Really is a travesty that Gus Johnson doesn't have a permanent gig.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They need to play all games in different slots and just have Romo cover them all.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You easily forget guys covering the NFL like Aikman are #1 overall picks with 3 SBs, a SB MVP and is a HOFer, because I just wasn't around when he was good.

Wondering which current or recently retired players will do well covering the league. Romo is obviously awesome, and I think Brees is also interesting to listen to from what I've heard from him. The Mannings are a bit less insightful most of the times but good entertainment value. I hope the likes of Brady and Rivers also get an NFL-related job, although can't really see that happening with Brady.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
They need to play all games in different slots and just have Romo cover them all.
I also like Collinsworth. He should get some games too. Otherwise I’m with you.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I think Brees was kinda Ass. Peyton would be fantastic but he seems content with his venture with Eli.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Just give me Denver so Jerry Jeudy can show the world he's the most talented WR of that 2020 draft class.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What are the latest rumored prices? I saw 2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 2023 1st…or I might be missing a second 2nd rounder there.

Jeudy was often included in lieu of a pick last year but haven’t seen that this time around. But he would be the future star on a rookie deal that would be used I believe with all these WRs we locked down; Surtain isn’t going anywhere. If we could’ve done the deal last year and included Chubb instead that would have been great…

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
@RobinLFC you actually think he’ll leave?

I’m more convinced than ever that he’s going back to Green Bay.
Not sure, I read an article yesterday where it was explained it would be very difficult for the Packers to franchise tag Davante Adams or something along those lines, even after restructuring some contracts. I think such things might sway his decision. He seems happier with GB than last offseason but maybe that's just an act in order to leave on good terms with the people he likes and with the fans, dunno. But pretty sure it'll be sorted out 7-10 days from now.

I just want him gone to have a new, exciting storyline. Mahomes, Rodgers and Herbert in the same division would be bonkers.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not sure, I read an article yesterday where it was explained it would be very difficult for the Packers to franchise tag Davante Adams or something along those lines, even after restructuring some contracts. I think such things might sway his decision. He seems happier with GB than last offseason but maybe that's just an act in order to leave on good terms with the people he likes and with the fans, dunno. But pretty sure it'll be sorted out 7-10 days from now.

I just want him gone to have a new, exciting storyline. Mahomes, Rodgers and Herbert in the same division would be bonkers.
Oh wow, yea if they can’t afford to tag Adams that would definitely change the picture, but I generally thought cap issues were less and less of an actual issue with the wizards the teams all employ to figure out restructuring etc. these days.

Can’t disagree on the excitement the AFC West would hold with him added though.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Oh wow, yea if they can’t afford to tag Adams that would definitely change the picture, but I generally thought cap issues were less and less of an actual issue with the wizards the teams all employ to figure out restructuring etc. these days.

Can’t disagree on the excitement the AFC West would hold with him added though.
It would require much more than the usual black magic with other players’ contracts to keep Adams as they’d have to be under the cap before tagging him.

That’s the reason there is a more firm time limit this time around. GB needs to make a (or have AR’s) decision before too long to protect their best interests.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It would require much more than the usual black magic with other players’ contracts to keep Adams as they’d have to be under the cap before tagging him.

That’s the reason there is a more firm time limit this time around. GB needs to make a (or have AR’s) decision before too long to protect their best interests.
Intriguing. Don’t give me hope.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Throwback to the day Brees threw an interception but the Saints still end up with a TD on that play.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Forget rumors of nuclear war, let’s get to the important stuff…why are the rumors of AAron staying in GB accelerating?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Packs, Saints (Spurs), and Jags (Wembley) the three London games home teams.

Bucs to host in Munich.

Cardinals in Mexico City.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

That would be a belter of a London game, but would be a marketing/commercial feck up from the NFL if they give Burrow @ Lousiana to the UK.

RoadTrip

The Jaguars' home opponents for '22: Houston Texans (AFC South), Indianapolis Colts (AFC South), Tennessee Titans (AFC South), Denver Broncos (AFC West), Las Vegas Raiders (AFC West), Dallas Cowboys (NFC East), New York Giants (NFC East) and Baltimore Ravens (AFC North).

Rubbish games would be VS Giants or VS Texans.

Saints home opponents in 2022:
Atlanta
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Las Vegas
Minnesota

Only real rubbish match-ups would be Atlanta and Carolina.

Packers: Home (9): Vikings, Bears, Lions, Cowboys, Giants, Rams, Patriots, Jets, Titans

Please no Jets, Lions, Bears or Giants. Let’s hope Patriots!

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The Jaguars' home opponents for '22: Houston Texans (AFC South), Indianapolis Colts (AFC South), Tennessee Titans (AFC South), Denver Broncos (AFC West), Las Vegas Raiders (AFC West), Dallas Cowboys (NFC East), New York Giants (NFC East) and Baltimore Ravens (AFC North).

Rubbish games would be VS Giants or VS Texans.

Saints home opponents in 2022:
Atlanta
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Las Vegas
Minnesota

Only real rubbish match-ups would be Atlanta and Carolina.

Packers: Home (9): Vikings, Bears, Lions, Cowboys, Giants, Rams, Patriots, Jets, Titans

Please no Giants, Lions, Bears or Giants. Let’s hope Patriots!
Think you can remove the Bucs from the Saints list, they're hosting in Germany and won't play twice abroad I think?

Disagree about ATL v NO, usually tight games and a lot of animosity between the two franchises.

RoadTrip

Think you can remove the Bucs from the Saints list, they're hosting in Germany and won't play twice abroad I think?

Disagree about ATL v NO, usually tight games and a lot of animosity between the two franchises.
Yeah I’d agree on the Bucs.

And, fair point on Atlanta Saints - but also is a relatively meaningless game in the grand scheme of things as I don’t see Atlanta competing for a playoff spot unless things change quite significantly there this year. And the Saints are probably fringe contenders at this point - given QB situation and cap problems - but should still be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.