NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Did that guy play ball at the collegiate level?

If not, wonder how often an NFL head coach never played at the collegiate level? I vaguely recall Al Davis didn't play in college and later coached.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Adjusted to 4.78

You have to wonder how fast he would be if he was 120lb lighter.
Larry Allen could run a 4.85 according to DMN and his alma mater, no idea his adjusted time and whatnot. Ran a 5.21 at the combine but we all know Allen was much quicker in-game speed. So this guy must be fast.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
In my dynasty team that is thin at receiver - fecking tidy

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Not NFL related but thought you all would understand my opinion on this....

PLEASE GOD, NO!!!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The heck? Wasn’t he away for mental health related issues?
Yep. He apparently only bet while he was away from the team, no evidence that he bet while active. But word on Twitter is that he bet on the Falcons to lose every game.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not NFL related but thought you all would understand my opinion on this....

PLEASE GOD, NO!!!
That guy couldn’t run a tap never mind a club - hope is true

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Yep. He apparently only bet while he was away from the team, no evidence that he bet while active. But word on Twitter is that he bet on the Falcons to lose every game.
Eurgh. Stupid if so. And makes you wonder if there is any allegation of fixing if he conspired with anyone on the team …

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:lol:

Assuming that’s not true, if he only bet on the outcome of other teams then a season ban seems a bit excessive unless none of them are allowed to gamble on NFL stuff at all?!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Eurgh. Stupid if so. And makes you wonder if there is any allegation of fixing if he conspired with anyone on the team …
The league came out & specifically said no evidence had been found, but if someone was in fact betting on their team to consistently lose, it makes one wonder.

e - I stand corrected…

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
First of all, that should just be allowed imo but can understand why it isn't (betting on your own team to win).

A season long ban for that though, while women abusers or child beaters are let off the hook or get 4 to 6 game suspensions? Seems ridiculous to me.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Should have had this sealed up long term months ago before the injury…

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Should have had this sealed up long term months ago before the injury…

Arguably after his 2019 breakout season... They knew they'd have Brady for 2 years (at least) and he just came off a 121-1333-9 season with Jameis. He'd have already entered the last or penultimate season of his long-term contract next season then, rather than a second franchise tag which is probably in the same category salary-wise compared to a hypothetical long-term deal.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m not surprised he’s staying. The NFC is an easier route to the SB & that’s a lot of money.

I’m sure he’ll still find time to complain about something going forward.

entropy

It’s been expected for a while now, so no great surprise really?

Would have been awesome to have him in Denver but was always a long shot.
He’s too old and not worth the money imo. At this point, it is more about him being a packer for life than paying him his value.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He’s too old and not worth the money imo
Can’t agree with that, as much as I’d love to. He’s the reigning MVP for good reason.

I just have to hope Denver has a good plan B, assuming he was indeed plan A. Paton has shown enough so far that I’ll give him a chance, but QB has been such a blind spot for this franchise in the last 7 years it’s hard to be optimistic.

I’m hoping we draft someone and pick up a solid FA as well to give options but who the hell knows what’s gonna happen.

entropy

Can’t agree with that, as much as I’d love to. He’s the reigning MVP for good reason.

I just have to hope Denver has a good plan B, assuming he was indeed plan A. Paton has shown enough so far that I’ll give him a chance, but QB has been such a blind spot for this franchise in the last 7 years it’s hard to be optimistic.

I’m hoping we draft someone and pick up a solid FA as well to give options but who the hell knows what’s gonna happen.
How many years are you going to get from him? I just don’t think he is worth mortgaging your franchise’s entire future. Which is what you’d have to pay to land him.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
As long as Paton doesn’t go the Jimmy G/Cousins ‘reliable vet that might be good enough to win if the rest of the team is spectacular’ route.

Give me the moonshot on the rookie that could be a superstar, even if it means a reduced chance of a Superb Owl next season. Or just get Russ a new kitchen…

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How many years are you going to get from him? I just don’t think he is worth mortgaging your franchise’s entire future. Which is what you’d have to pay to land him.
Yea that’s definitely true, we’d have to give up a lot to get him. I do still think it would have been worth it though, even as unlikely as it always was. I’m not gonna change my view now just cos it isn’t happening.

As long as Paton doesn’t go the Jimmy G/Cousins ‘reliable vet that might be good enough to win if the rest of the team is spectacular’ route.

Give me the moonshot on the rookie that could be a superstar, even if it means a reduced chance of a Superb Owl next season. Or just get Russ a new kitchen…
Trubisky in 3…..2…..

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
4-year deal for a 38 year old, I hope for the Packers they have at least some outs after 2 years or so.

And I hope he never wins a SB again there.

Status
Not open for further replies.