NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Ah Fant … kinda WR territory. Still, I’d take it if I was Denver. And to be frank, the deal makes sense for Seattle too, who know they need to build and they’ve picked up 3 young guys in this trade and a boatload of picks.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You know what, Harris hurts the most.

I love Fant, but he can’t block to save his life and replacing a TE in the draft shouldn’t be too hard. It goes without saying that Wilson is more than worth it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You know what, Harris hurts the most.

I love Fant, but he can’t block to save his life and replacing a TE in the draft shouldn’t be too hard. It goes without saying that Wilson is more than worth it.
You don't even need to, I think Albert O can be a star, or at the very least a Fant replacement.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Seattle should take Malik Willis at #9 and start from there.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Anyone else find the “after weeks of negotiations” bit particularly interesting?

Maybe Rodgers was a (apologies) smokescreen?

RoadTrip

The way I see it - every position you can find an elite replacement, generally, with a good drafting or good free agency signing.

The one position that is not true is QB. With someone like Rodgers you may umm and ahh because you’re talking about 5 years most likely at most, plus a whole lot of drama. But for someone like Wilson, you could get a decade and you’re talking about one of the best at the moment in the game, even if he didn’t deliver last year.

It’s a no brainier.

On a side note, god imagine a division with Herbert, Mahomes, Wilson, and Carr. Feck. Me.

RoadTrip

Anyone else find the “after weeks of negotiations” bit particularly interesting?

Maybe Rodgers was a (apologies) smokescreen?
Timing of it makes it seem like Rodgers was actually primary target. And as soon as Rodgers decided GB, the trigger was pulled on Wilson (for whom a deal was in place). It’s too much of a coincidence to think otherwise.

bucky

Happy for Russ. Lots of Seahawks fans, who wanted this, will be in for a rude awakening. Really thought Carroll and Schneider would go before Russ.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Shelby Harris and Fant will hurt a little but both replaceable.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Timing of it makes it seem like Rodgers was actually primary target. And as soon as Rodgers decided GB, the trigger was pulled on Wilson (for whom a deal was in place). It’s too much of a coincidence to think otherwise.
Or the other way around; they were stringing him along in case Wilson fell through, then told him no thanks and he announces he’s staying in GB.

RoadTrip

Happy for Russ. Lots of Seahawks fans, who wanted this, will be in for a rude awakening. Really thought Carroll and Schneider would go before Russ.
It’s really ridiculous what that franchise has done. It’s stupid to say, I hope, but if Wilson was white, do we think the same outcome would have prevailed?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And we are stuck with Cousins's mammoth of a cap hit. I'm going to hate on every single one of you, Broncos fans.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
And we are stuck with Cousins's mammoth of a cap hit. I'm going to hate on every single one of you, Broncos fans.
Shower me in your salty tears.

Sorry, I don’t mean that, this whole good news thing is unusual for me to deal with.

JPRouve

Scout
Shower me in your salty tears.

Sorry, I don’t mean that, this whole good news thing is unusual for me to deal with.
It's totally fair, I'm saltier than the Dead Sea. :lol:

bucky

It’s really ridiculous what that franchise has done. It’s stupid to say, I hope, but if Wilson was white, do we think the same outcome would have prevailed?
I have no clue about that one to be honest. It also could have been that Wilson forced their hand. Or that they are right about Wilson and we've already seen the best of him. I just have no hope whatsoever that they are going to use their picks or their money wisely. Which is why I thought Wilson wanting out was understandable.

RoadTrip

I have no clue about that one to be honest. It also could have been that Wilson forced their hand. Or that they are right about Wilson and we've already seen the best of him. I just have no hope whatsoever that they are going to use their picks or their money wisely. Which is why I thought Wilson wanting out was understandable.
Entirely plausible too. I’m just posing the Q to be fair.

JPRouve

Scout
Entirely plausible too. I’m just posing the Q to be fair.
I don't think that it has anything to do with it. From what I understood the Seahawks were in a very similar situation to the Vikings. A head coach that cares very little about the QB position and only cared about his defense and run blocking. If I'm not mistaken reports said that Wilson was fed up with the team not being built for him when he was quite obviously the best player by some distance and it makes sense, it's someone that should be treated like Brees but for that you need to have an offense minded head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.