g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I can’t believe somebody would trade away a QB of Russ’s quality.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Overlooked in all the QB drama the Packers have tagged Adams.

No surprise but still.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
2 1sts 2 2nds 1 5th a good young TE plus Lock and Harris for a 33 year old Wilson. Not sure why Denver spent so much when they could have kept the 2nds and gotten Justin Jefferson.
I forgot about that.:lol:

I'm still not giving you 3 first rounds, 2nd rounds and Jefferson for Watson when he has a 40m cap hit.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Decent stash for Wilson to be fair. Glad to see him out of the nfc west. Great player who is still very good.

Charlie Foley

Decent stash for Wilson to be fair. Glad to see him out of the nfc west. Great player who is still very good.
We still play him this year :lol:
He is a great player who has caused me almost nothing but misery, except from 1 yard lines. I’ve never hated him as much as I’ve hated that he’s on the Seahawks. I like the Broncos so I’m happy he’s there I guess.

Phil

At least I saw this one coming. Urgh. Been a really shit 24 hours.
This one might hurt even more? A member of the LOB who's been all pro for infinity years and is a proper leader. Guess it's Adams' defence now.

I'm not happy with what we got back for Russ, it should have been 3 firsts or 2 plus one of their best players as well. I do get the logic behind it though, his level for us has been dropping off, he's going to want Rogers money next year, we need to retool half the team.

Are Pete and Schneider really the right people to do that with their shitty drafting? Probably not

Hephaestus

This one might hurt even more? A member of the LOB who's been all pro for infinity years and is a proper leader. Guess it's Adams' defence now.

I'm not happy with what we got back for Russ, it should have been 3 firsts or 2 plus one of their best players as well. I do get the logic behind it though, his level for us has been dropping off, he's going to want Rogers money next year, we need to retool half the team.

Are Pete and Schneider really the right people to do that with their shitty drafting? Probably not
Yeah, this is the annoyance. And not just the drafting either, that Jamal Adams trade has gone about as badly as it could possibly have gone and so we've had to trade our franchise QB to get the pick ahead of the one we traded away two years ago for a safety who has been pretty disappointing. I'd have much rather move on from those two and let the new HC/GM combo make the call on Wilson instead of gamble that they'll start making good decisions again.

I'm now worrying Lockett is gonna be next. Like Wagner it makes sense but it's still gonna hurt badly.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah, this is the annoyance. And not just the drafting either, that Jamal Adams trade has gone about as badly as it could possibly have gone and so we've had to trade our franchise QB to get the pick ahead of the one we traded away two years ago for a safety who has been pretty disappointing. I'd have much rather move on from those two and let the new HC/GM combo make the call on Wilson instead of gamble that they'll start making good decisions again.

I'm now worrying Lockett is gonna be next. Like Wagner it makes sense but it's still gonna hurt badly.
Yeah, I wouldn‘t have chosen Pete over a franchise QB if indeed that was part of the calculus. It’s easy to forget (for me at least) because he looks relatively well but he’s older than the Sith Lord in New England.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah, I wouldn‘t have chosen Pete over a franchise QB if indeed that was part of the calculus. It’s easy to forget (for me at least) because he looks relatively well but he’s older than the Sith Lord in New England.
One possibility which was talked about a while ago is that they talked numbers with Wilson's camp and thought that it wasn't feasible, iirc Wilson had no intention to offer a discount. So instead of prolonging things Seattle decided to start the rebuild today. I don't know if I would keep Carroll in that context or if it's a good idea though.

JJ12

What’s the Colts strategy at QB I wonder

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Yeah… Wentz wasn’t great but hard to immediately see who they can get who is better. And they really have a team capable of being very good now.

Sylar

Good move for Denver getting Wilson. Think he's a better choice than Rodgers

Rodgers has a better shot at SB in NFC and packers especially with Adams tagged.
Defence was good for the first time in ages

Love is one of the worst draft moves packers have ever made. Didn't make sense at the time and is even worse now :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Good move for Denver getting Wilson. Think he's a better choice than Rodgers

Rodgers has a better shot at SB in NFC and packers especially with Adams tagged.
Defence was good for the first time in ages

Love is one of the worst draft moves packers have ever made. Didn't make sense at the time and is even worse now :lol:
Mandarich level bad, it seems.

JPRouve

Scout
I hope so too - Deshaun Watson to Vikings
What? The Texans reportedly still want a kings ransom for him, he is a PR nightmare, you don't know when he can be back, you don't know how long the league will suspend him when he is back and whether the contract can be tolled.

JJ12

What? The Texans reportedly still want a kings ransom for him, he is a PR nightmare, you don't know when he can be back, you don't know how long the league will suspend him when he is back and whether the contract can be tolled.
I don’t support the Vikings so I don’t give a shit about half of that. Obviously nobody is trading him without more info from the league etc.

I hope he ends up there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.