NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Good move for Denver getting Wilson. Think he's a better choice than Rodgers

Rodgers has a better shot at SB in NFC and packers especially with Adams tagged.
Defence was good for the first time in ages

Love is one of the worst draft moves packers have ever made. Didn't make sense at the time and is even worse now :lol:
Huh? Rodgers is probably the best QB in the NFL still.

I don't know if a bunch of the people hailing this as a genius move by the Broncos watched much of the Seahawks last year, but Russ really wasn't very good.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
And soon 39 years old. With Wilson you'll likely be settled at QB for the next 5 years. I don't wanna say that Rodgers would've been a bad choice, obviously not, but given the age difference (and we know how good Wilson can be), this is as good a deal as any they could've hoped for.

I don't know if a bunch of the people hailing this as a genius move by the Broncos watched much of the Seahawks last year, but Russ really wasn't very good.
First down year in 10 years, first season in which he missed games due to injury, and then when he came back his team was out of the playoff race. I think he'll bounce back in a major way at Denver next season.

And his cmp%, TD%, y/a and QBR were all in line with his career average last season as well.

Sylar

And I'm a packers fan and am glad he's staying at least a year more

But Rodgers would have crippled Broncos
Wilson less so

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Heard he was quite the cnut in Indy & would have been released outright if no suitors were found.
Oh really? To be fair I do remember there being a lot of stuff about his personality back when he was in Philly too. So perhaps something to it.

Fit right in with the commanders then!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Heard he was quite the cnut in Indy & would have been released outright if no suitors were found.
Weren’t they pissed with his vaccination status? Sure it rubbed people the wrong way. I’m sure there’s more to it too.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
AFC West is going to be so much fun.

Hephaestus

Russell Wilson will have been so happy to no longer face Aaron Donald twice and then the Chargers add Khalil Mack to go with Joey Bosa... :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
A 2nd and a 6th for Mack? That's a fecking no-brainer.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Man, imagine if LAC shores up their terrible run defense by drafting that ‘The Mountain as a DT‘ from Georgia like is commonly guessed.

Not…good…

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think it’s a decent deal for both sides to be honest. Mack will still be good but nowhere near his 2015-2018 self.

Bears aren’t competing now so may as well move him on.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah the more I read about it, the more I think it's a very nice deal for both sides. Chargers need to get after the QBs, you won't find a contributor like Mack (right away) in the second round of this year's draft. I wish they would've moved on from Williams and drafted London or Burks with their first pick but it is what it is.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Even a contract to be the 2nd or 3rd string QB would be quite lucrative, I guess. Why not chase that? Far less talented QBs have taken these roster spots in the past, and Kaepernick is still only 34.
I get that, just don’t think he will ever get another chance unfortunately.

Mike Smalling

I get that, just don’t think he will ever get another chance unfortunately.
You're probably right. He won't be worth the extra attention for the team, and has been away from the game for too long now. But I can understand him trying at least.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
You're probably right. He won't be worth the extra attention for the team, and has been away from the game for too long now. But I can understand him trying at least.
I think it's mostly about proving a point. He wants the world to remember that he could play, that he is good enough to play, but the league does not want him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

It's not an isolated case but it shows why athletes shouldn't give a damn about their club/franchise.

Hephaestus

It's not an isolated case but it shows why athletes shouldn't give a damn about their club/franchise.
Yeah, that's disgraceful after all he's done for the Seahawks.

And now there is talk that there might be a trade for Watson coming to top off the last few days.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah, that's disgraceful after all he's done for the Seahawks.

And now there is talk that there might be a trade for Watson coming to top off the last few days.

I was conflicted about that one and seeing Gladney acquitted yesterday reminded me that you are innocent until proven guilty. Maybe Watson is innocent, I'll give him the benefit of doubts and won't judge organizations that are linked to him until justice is served.

Hephaestus

I was conflicted about that one and seeing Gladney acquitted yesterday reminded me that you are innocent until proven guilty. Maybe Watson is innocent, I'll give him the benefit of doubts and won't judge organizations that are linked to him until justice is served.
I might be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt while it plays out if it was just one or two accusations but when over 20 different masseuses are accusing you of sexual harassment and more besides, I kind of struggle.

JPRouve

Scout
I might be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt while it plays out if it was just one or two accusations but when over 20 different masseuses are accusing you of sexual harassment and more besides, I kind of struggle.
You are right but I'm trying to be principled while muttering "scumbag". :lol:

Mike Smalling

That's just terrible. In those 10 years he was All-Pro 8 times (6x First team, 2x Second team). Good for him for shining a light on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.